in the defense of the theists...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2011, 11:46 PM
RE: in the defense of the theists...
(10-01-2011 12:18 AM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  Just my way of trying to make sure both sides of the debate are represented Big Grin

Why? There have been several theists on this forum lately and they represented themselves with many posts. They also proved to be very quick to move the goalposts any time they weren't winning a debate. Their arguments showed that they didn't need any help to bring their points of view to the forum. They were very enthusiastic to make sure that they got us to hear them out, They also proved that they weren't really interested in learning about our points of view, just in overturning them. They have been represented fairly. None of them have been banned, except David Mobus who is nothing but a troll.

Go to theist website and see how long it takes to get banned, Then ask yourself, who is really closed to any opposing points of view?

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2011, 02:17 PM
RE: in the defense of the theists...
(12-01-2011 04:58 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  We are not talking about any specific god here. What makes you think the God we are talking about is bothered by circumcision and pouring water over a baby?
What makes you think whoever has god-like properties will be bothered by whatever we do.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply