infant dependency and mortality rate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2013, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 03:10 PM by TrainWreck.)
infant dependency and mortality rate
It seems like it would be a very complex answer requiring tremendous visual aids to understand how the human species evolved to the extent that the infant is so dependent on care - anybody aware of any documentaries?

It appears that immediately before our time, the survival rate was not so good; and of course the improvements that we enjoy are because of how well atheists have advanced medical care in the past century. Way to go atheists - now what do we do with all the stupid fucking Xtians, Chews, and rag heads???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: infant dependency and mortality rate
(12-04-2013 03:06 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  It seems like it would be a very complex answer requiring tremendous visual aids to understand how the human species evolved to the extent that the infant is so dependent on care - anybody aware of any documentaries?

It appears that immediately before our time, the survival rate was not so good; and of course the improvements that we enjoy are because of how well atheists have advanced medical care in the past century. Way to go atheists - now what do we do with all the stupid fucking Xtians, Chews, and rag heads???

You got it wrong TW

Xtians, Chews, and rag heads are born stupid fucking atheists and then indoctrinated into their respective religions.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
12-04-2013, 09:28 PM
(12-04-2013 09:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...
Xtians, Chews, and rag heads are born stupid fucking atheists and then indoctrinated into their respective religions.

Good point, well made.

13-04-2013, 07:01 AM
(12-04-2013 09:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 03:06 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  It seems like it would be a very complex answer requiring tremendous visual aids to understand how the human species evolved to the extent that the infant is so dependent on care - anybody aware of any documentaries?

You got it wrong TW

Xtians, Chews, and rag heads are born stupid fucking delightfully curious, playful atheists and then indoctrinated by having that curiosity beaten out of them into their respective religions.

You're welcome.Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-04-2013, 08:03 AM
You are all wrong. The child is born secular, or agnostic; and then it is indoctrinated into understanding logic systems.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
13-04-2013, 12:25 PM
(13-04-2013 08:03 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  You are all wrong. The child is born secular, or agnostic; and then it is indoctrinated into understanding logic systems.

Suppose a child is born and is immeadiately abducted by aliens and raised without ever being introduced to the concept of God, what would that child be? Lets say that child was given an education equivalent to a good high school education, sans any mention of God. Would that child be atheist or agnostic?

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
13-04-2013, 12:31 PM
(13-04-2013 12:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 08:03 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  You are all wrong. The child is born secular, or agnostic; and then it is indoctrinated into understanding logic systems.

Suppose a child is born and is immeadiately abducted by aliens and raised without ever being introduced to the concept of God, what would that child be? Lets say that child was given an education equivalent to a good high school education, sans any mention of God. Would that child be atheist or agnostic?

by definition he would be Agnostic a- without gnosis- knowledge

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-04-2013, 12:51 PM
(13-04-2013 12:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 12:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Suppose a child is born and is immeadiately abducted by aliens and raised without ever being introduced to the concept of God, what would that child be? Lets say that child was given an education equivalent to a good high school education, sans any mention of God. Would that child be atheist or agnostic?

by definition he would be Agnostic a- without gnosis- knowledge

No, he would be a- without theist- god.

13-04-2013, 02:02 PM
(13-04-2013 12:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 12:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  by definition he would be Agnostic a- without gnosis- knowledge

No, he would be a- without theist- god.

a case could be made for either, I choose to define Atheism as more of an active position (as in one has weighed the available data and found it wanting) where as agnosticism is more passive. Since in the case of the child who was raised by aliens and was never introduced to the concept it is closer to my definition of agnostic.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-04-2013, 02:37 PM
(13-04-2013 02:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 12:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, he would be a- without theist- god.

a case could be made for either, I choose to define Atheism as more of an active position (as in one has weighed the available data and found it wanting) where as agnosticism is more passive. Since in the case of the child who was raised by aliens and was never introduced to the concept it is closer to my definition of agnostic.

And I would take it just the other way around.
Agnostic meaning without knowledge of the nature of god, atheist without even the concept of god.