interview

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2014, 11:39 AM
interview
I am looking at interviewing 10 Christians and 10 atheists for a project. I have 5 willing Christians so I need 5 more, and 10 atheist.

If you're willing to do a Skype or phone interview about your faith and views, let me know. It will be similar to TTA ten questions about God questions.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/blog/4...-About-God

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2014, 11:53 AM
RE: interview
My answers to 10 questions about god will be the same answers to 10 questions about Zeus.
If you want to talk about Yoda, I'm up for that too.
Fictional characters are a passion of mine.

If you're interested in talking about reality, that might make a better interview, but sure I'm up for discussing the delusions of others.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
12-11-2014, 12:23 PM
(12-11-2014 11:39 AM)microterf Wrote:  I am looking at interviewing 10 Christians and 10 atheists for a project. I have 5 willing Christians so I need 5 more, and 10 atheist.

If you're willing to do a Skype or phone interview about your faith and views, let me know. It will be similar to TTA ten questions about God questions.

I'll throw my hat in the ring if it's in the name of research and it's genuine.
12-11-2014, 01:40 PM
*Raises hand*

Though I've nothing formal in the way of qualifications or such and work shift-work.....

So sorting out a convenient time when schedules etc allow... *Shrug*

Much cheers to all.
12-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Mind if I ask what the point of this the interview is? Apologies if I am unduly sceptical but people don't really know anything about you so they don't really know how you are going to edit the interview. Are you going to ask a question and let each person ask in full? Is it going to be a documentary where you try to weave a story through it and edit snippets as they are appropriate?
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
12-11-2014, 02:08 PM

Maybe the interview might go something like this, but it's unlikely

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
12-11-2014, 02:24 PM
(12-11-2014 11:39 AM)microterf Wrote:  I am looking at interviewing 10 Christians and 10 atheists for a project. I have 5 willing Christians so I need 5 more, and 10 atheist.

Fuckit, I'll do a skype interview with ya.

Just PM me when it's convenient, I'm off for the next few weeks so I've got all the time in the world.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Here is a question for you to ask the christians.

"I want you to imagine that you are in a room sitting at a table. The chair you are sitting in is very comfortable and there is an apple on the table. Every part of this scene is imaginary. Is god with you in the room ?"

[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
12-11-2014, 02:45 PM
While we all know what the video is getting at and is trying to accomplish, it's full of strawman-type phrasing and veiled contempt. It's not a good example of how to critically think when discussing religion with a Christian. It needs serious editing and rewriting.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2014, 06:27 PM
(12-11-2014 01:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Mind if I ask what the point of this the interview is? Apologies if I am unduly sceptical but people don't really know anything about you so they don't really know how you are going to edit the interview. Are you going to ask a question and let each person ask in full? Is it going to be a documentary where you try to weave a story through it and edit snippets as they are appropriate?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being skeptical. I am looking to do them more than likely next week.

Although I haven't figured out the exact questions or format yet, for the Christians, it will more than likely be 20 questions with the first 10 very similar to the link in the first post geared towards challenging some specific beliefs, while the last 10 will be more geared towards asking about personal experiences etc. followed by an opportunity for them to ask me questions and have an open dialog.

I obviously want to structure the questions to Atheist the same way in the name of being fair, but it will be a lot harder to find 20 questions for atheist that aren't just stupid questions or repetitive.

I am writing a book, that at a minimum I will turn into a .pdf I can give believers that explain my position on everything instead of going over the same debate over and over again. The biggest goal for me is to show people the difference between the two sides as far as critical thinking and confrontational bias goes, while trying not to be too offensive.

I'm really hoping that with some analogies and real world interviews I might actually be able to do that. Your whole answer will stay with the question although all questions might not make it on the PDF due to repetition and space constraints. No content will be edited in or out of any of the questions though. The only thing I ask is being completely honest in answering them, and to let me know before hand what your position is just because I don't want to waste time asking an Atheist questions like why he values the word of the bible so much.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.