interview

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: interview
(12-11-2014 06:27 PM)microterf Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 01:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Mind if I ask what the point of this the interview is? Apologies if I am unduly sceptical but people don't really know anything about you so they don't really know how you are going to edit the interview. Are you going to ask a question and let each person ask in full? Is it going to be a documentary where you try to weave a story through it and edit snippets as they are appropriate?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being skeptical. I am looking to do them more than likely next week.

Although I haven't figured out the exact questions or format yet, for the Christians, it will more than likely be 20 questions with the first 10 very similar to the link in the first post geared towards challenging some specific beliefs, while the last 10 will be more geared towards asking about personal experiences etc. followed by an opportunity for them to ask me questions and have an open dialog.

I obviously want to structure the questions to Atheist the same way in the name of being fair, but it will be a lot harder to find 20 questions for atheist that aren't just stupid questions or repetitive.

I am writing a book, that at a minimum I will turn into a .pdf I can give believers that explain my position on everything instead of going over the same debate over and over again. The biggest goal for me is to show people the difference between the two sides as far as critical thinking and confrontational bias goes, while trying not to be too offensive.

I'm really hoping that with some analogies and real world interviews I might actually be able to do that. Your whole answer will stay with the question although all questions might not make it on the PDF due to repetition and space constraints. No content will be edited in or out of any of the questions though. The only thing I ask is being completely honest in answering them, and to let me know before hand what your position is just because I don't want to waste time asking an Atheist questions like why he values the word of the bible so much.

Well if that's the case I'm definitely interested. I'm an atheist by the way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2014, 07:46 PM
I'll gladly answer some questions, but I think there are some really great candidates here that would better represent a knowledgeable position as an atheist.

I'd start with goodwithoutgod.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
17-11-2014, 07:56 AM
I'm still looking for 5 more atheists to interview. I decided to change the format from an phone/skype interview to a written questionnaire so there will be no discrepancies on what is written. If anybody else is interested, let me know please.

If there are any Christians, I am still looking for 2.

Thank you.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
17-11-2014, 10:13 AM
(17-11-2014 07:56 AM)microterf Wrote:  I'm still looking for 5 more atheists to interview. I decided to change the format from an phone/skype interview to a written questionnaire so there will be no discrepancies on what is written. If anybody else is interested, let me know please.

If there are any Christians, I am still looking for 2.

Thank you.

OK, you can sign up this atheist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-11-2014, 10:24 AM
If it's a written thing, I can do it, if you can't find anyone better. Shy

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
17-11-2014, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2014 07:03 PM by Rahn127.)
Micro gave me his or her email and when I tried to send an email, it failed over and over.
Did anyone else have this problem ?

Nvm....it finally went through

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
17-11-2014, 06:59 PM
(17-11-2014 06:55 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Micro gave me his or her email and when I tried to send an email, it failed over and over.

I got your PM, it is the correct email. Did you copy and paste it to make sure it wasn't a typo? I had corresponded earlier and did a skype interview with another member, so my email should be working. let me know if it keeps failing and i'll give you another one.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
17-11-2014, 07:03 PM
(17-11-2014 06:59 PM)microterf Wrote:  
(17-11-2014 06:55 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Micro gave me his or her email and when I tried to send an email, it failed over and over.

I got your PM, it is the correct email. Did you copy and paste it to make sure it wasn't a typo? I had corresponded earlier and did a skype interview with another member, so my email should be working. let me know if it keeps failing and i'll give you another one.

It went through

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
17-11-2014, 07:07 PM
(17-11-2014 06:59 PM)microterf Wrote:  

Sent you my responses to your email, let me know if you got it and can open it, if not, let me know so I can resend it.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
17-11-2014, 07:12 PM
(17-11-2014 07:07 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Sent you my responses to your email, let me know if you got it and can open it, if not, let me know so I can resend it.

I received an email from you, but not the one with the responses.