interview

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: interview
I've got a free afternoon and I like to feel like I'm special. If you need more people and don't get another, better offer I'll happily help.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Just a thought. Instead of 'interviews', why not post the 10/20 questions and get responses? The reason I suggest this is that first you might get more answers, but also because interviews/live debate is a horrible way to determine anything! It relies on what you can come up with on the spot, with no time for reflection. It, at best, shows what you know not what you think. I know there are many times that, given a question, I have to think about the answer for a long time, and write it down, and reword it to get it to come out as bad as my answers do. Tongue The thing is, I think you are looking for not just knee-jerk reactions, but thoughtful, full answers, and from what I've seen that basically never happens in an interview/debate format. This is especially true when the size of the answer starts to grow. For instance 'why do you accept evolution' can be answered with 'the majority of scientists in relevant fields accept it and the evidence I have been presented adequately establishes evolution as a viable model for the diversity of species' for something short, but someone might want to hit you with a wall of text actually explaining the evidence, the process involved in finding it, and so on and so forth... not exactly viable with an interview, but the first response opens up "ha-ha, you accept science as god" rebuttals, and really doesn't explain much at all, coming down to the same thing as the theist saying (to why do you accept the bible) 'I think it's true because I'm convinced' sort of thing.
Just my $0.02. Can't do an interview myself, I never know when I'll have time.
[+] 1 user Likes OddGamer's post
17-11-2014, 08:56 PM
I'd definitely be down for a phone interview. I'm Catholic so hopefully you still have a christian spot available. I could also possibly do a Skype interview but I'd probably prefer phone. Just let me know if you want me.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post