introduction?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2010, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2010 05:20 PM by Kikko.)
introduction?
if there already is an introduction thread somewhere in the deep depths of these forums, please dont tear your ass apart because i make a new thread, thats what people usually in forums doDodgy

im a young guy from finland and i usually write long posts, not now its fuckin 1AM...
so, what imma tell now is just some main things about how i became a thinking person: i was raised to become a christian, but it failed as i heard about this evolution thing from television when i was about 12(evolution teaching is BAD here, in basic school we are teached religion for 9 years, about 2-3 hours a week, and they explain evolution for a hour or two at biology class, but only about plants and stuff, nothing about the proof or how animals[including humen] developed. and you can quit religion class only with your parents permission.)
Confused
last summer i went to a confirmation school, only because i got alot of cash after it, because 98% of kids in finland go there and i wanted to see how they'll try to make us christian.
i was guite surprised: they claimed that the evolution ''theory'' could not be true because it has so many gaps. i asked them what gaps and they told me its my job to find out.
also they claimed that atheists believe that in the beginning there was nothing, wich is impossible because of a law of chemics, wich was almost the only thing i learned from the basic school chemicsc class: ''tyhjästä ei nyhjäistä'', wich i cant really translate into a germanic language properly, but it would be something like: ''nothing can be taken from nothing''.

i wouldnt mind christians spreading their faith if they'd stick to their holy book. but because nobody thinks the bible is a good source, they start to lie about science and how to think scientifically, thats when i start getting pissed.Angry (imma write about my religion teacher later, because the stuff he said was so outrageus and harmful, because he was a fundementalist old school christian and everything teached about science in basic school was taught by him, and of course everything he said about science was false:exclamationSmile

still something about my thinking style before i tell my age, so you wont think im just another stupid youngster.
i try to base all my claims into proven facts, research, perceptinons and statistics.
if somebody asks what i think about something wich i dont really know much about, i do not claim anything before i have orientated myself about the subject. if i dont know anything, i dont say anything. how could i say something about something wich i dont know about?

ok, still some general stuff that doesnt really fit to the subject of these forums: im 15, gotta grow up i know, and my hobbies are thinking and building music instruments and playing them. the tradition is that a player builds his own instrument. after the summer im going to a woodwork side of a professional school and after that to a instrument building school.

:idea:keep it realIdea

EDIT: didnt remember to metion one vital thing of my thinking: it is possible that supernatural things are real, but the odds of that are so incredibly small that its practically impossible that they exist.
and yet one thing....no i really gotta sleep or imma spend the whole night writing my thoughts.......

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2010, 05:19 PM
RE: introduction?
Welcome to TTAF! Glad to have you with us.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
29-06-2010, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2010 08:47 PM by Moshe.)
Welcome to tta.

What instruments have you built so far?

You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion. - L. Ron Hubbard (Creater of Scientology)
30-06-2010, 02:50 AM
(29-06-2010 08:20 PM)Moshe Wrote:  Welcome to tta.

What instruments have you built so far?

started with two 5 string kanteles, then i built one 3string finnish jouhikko and a 2 string estonian/swedish jouhikko/hiiukannel.
im starting to build a 10string kantele and after that i'll start to look for mics and electric stuff so i can make an elektic one.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.