involuntary Twitter issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2012, 05:09 AM
involuntary Twitter issues
Has anyone had this happen?

A few of my posts on this forum have turned up as links on my twitter feed. I in no way have connected these two accounts or clicked through permission for this to happen, as far as I know. I am usually never logged in to both at the same time, although it's possible that could have occurred.

I wasn't drunk.

My usernames are in no way even similar. I was trying to keep those worlds separate, as I was not totally out at the time. Now it just seems freaky and big-brother ish. The email address, invisible on both, is the only common denominator. And the browser. But still...no permission given.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2012, 06:15 AM
RE: involuntary Twitter issues
I dont think there is a way to link your posts on here to twitter without you Physically copying and pasting the link yourself.

It may be something on the twitter end.
25-09-2012, 06:29 AM
AHA - I just figured it out!!

Tapatalk, the mobile forum app, has a Twitter on/off button on the bottom of the compose message screen that is grey=off, blue=on, and thus almost unnoticed. Blue is the normal Twitter color, so there was no way to know that it was even on.

Seems like a check mark, would be more obvious. Or a "Hey Tapatalk - my Twitter is none of your beeswax!!" setting.

I hate how everything is linked cross-platform and perpetually logged in by default on the eye phone. There has got to be a way to manage that better....
[+] 1 user Likes Gaff's post
25-09-2012, 02:55 PM
(25-09-2012 06:29 AM)Gaff Wrote:  AHA - I just figured it out!!

Tapatalk, the mobile forum app, has a Twitter on/off button on the bottom of the compose message screen that is grey=off, blue=on, and thus almost unnoticed. Blue is the normal Twitter color, so there was no way to know that it was even on.

Seems like a check mark, would be more obvious. Or a "Hey Tapatalk - my Twitter is none of your beeswax!!" setting.

I hate how everything is linked cross-platform and perpetually logged in by default on the eye phone. There has got to be a way to manage that better....

I was just about to ask if you use Tapatalk.
For some reason it also causes me to Moderate threads I had no intention of moderating. No

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
25-09-2012, 03:19 PM
(25-09-2012 02:55 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I was just about to ask if you use Tapatalk.
For some reason it also causes me to Moderate threads I had no intention of moderating. No

Yeah, we know. Dodgy

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
01-10-2012, 08:34 AM
considering I don't have twitter I'm gonna guess this hasn't happened to me.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
01-10-2012, 09:08 AM
(01-10-2012 08:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  considering I don't have twitter I'm gonna guess this hasn't happened to me.

Oh trust me...it has. You just don't know it yet. Evil_monster

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-10-2012, 09:20 AM

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[Image: vjp09.gif]
02-10-2012, 08:13 AM
(01-10-2012 09:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 08:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  considering I don't have twitter I'm gonna guess this hasn't happened to me.

Oh trust me...it has. You just don't know it yet. Evil_monster

Blink

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
05-10-2012, 05:30 AM
(02-10-2012 08:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 09:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Oh trust me...it has. You just don't know it yet. Evil_monster

Blink

Yup, google watches everything you do. Believe me, someone that has no business knowing knows exactly what you do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Profile login issues Im_Alexis 19 237 06-04-2014 11:56 AM
Last Post: Im_Alexis
  using my phone, some issues Monster_Riffs 4 71 23-03-2014 06:52 PM
Last Post: Monster_Riffs
  Mobile Issues Im_Ryan 7 157 23-01-2014 02:12 PM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
  Note About Suggestions and Issues Dark Light 0 179 24-10-2013 10:12 AM
Last Post: Dark Light