is it already too late for me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2011, 10:43 PM
is it already too late for me?
I am a sophomore currently, and my gpa is a 2.6, and it will likely be around taht same area by the end of this year, I doubt it will go up but it may go down a little bit. Is it already too late for me? Am I already fucked if I want to go to a decent college? I don't actually aspire to go to college, but I'd like to know I have the option should I change my mind. Have I already lost my ability to change my mind?

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2011, 08:03 AM
RE: is it already too late for me?
Depends on you're family income and how you are willing to work. Many colleges will just require a 2.5 or 2.0 GPA to get in. Part of you're financial aid comes purely on estimated family income and ignores all academics. And then there are many scholarships out there, and some don't even look at academics. Anyway, I think you can still get in, but you'll probably have to get several loans to pay for it(unless you have lots of money just laying around).

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
13-05-2011, 01:23 PM
You can always re-take classes later if you decide you want better grades. I know many people who re-took high school classes in college so as to increase their chances of getting into the post-secondary school they like.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
13-05-2011, 01:29 PM
You can still definitely get in. Even if your GPA is still somewhat dismal (<2.5) by your last semester of high school, just go to a small community college for a year or two. You can get all of your prerequisites (English, math...the basics) out of the way first. You will need to maintain a a good GPA (3.0 or higher) during this time but then just apply to another college. They will be more likely to take you on then because you have demonstrated the ability to hold a good GPA at that community college. There is no real disadvantage to this (aside from the quality of the classes taught at the community college if it is not a good community college) because your degree from your finishing college does not come with a certificate saying you went to a community college and your tenure at the community college would only be evident on your transcripts from transferred credits. I will say you will have to work harder to keep that GPA up...lay off the games!

Evolve
13-05-2011, 01:45 PM
(12-05-2011 10:43 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  I am a sophomore currently, and my gpa is a 2.6, and [b]it will likely be around taht same area by the end of this year, [/b]I doubt it will go up but it may go down a little bit. Is it already too late for me? Am I already fucked if I want to go to a decent college? I don't actually aspire to go to college, but I'd like to know I have the option should I change my mind. Have I already lost my ability to change my mind?

Here is your problem (the sentiment, not the typo). Regardless of how little time is left in this year, you have already settled into apathy. You've lost absolutely nothing and have complete power to determine the direction of your life. Whether you go to College or not is irrelevant...what is important is your work ethic and commitment to being the best person you can be. You will have to work harder than you are comfortable with. That's a good thing.
[+] 1 user Likes Strobelite's post
13-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Like BeardedDude said.

I went from an all A grade school student to a B- junior high student to a 1.9 GPA high school student (I didn't like homework, teachers, or the material... though I was still placed in Advanced Calculus with 6 other people and put in the Gifted and Talented program... eh? High fives for contradictions?)

But anyways, I was rejected from Ohio State straight out of high school so I went to Columbus State Community College for a year, maintained a 4.0 there, and got into OSU the next year. All the colleges really need to see is that you are capable of NOT being a dumbass if you need to be. Then you must place your trust in Sallie Mae.

Or do what I did and join the army. Free school! Woo Hoo!

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
13-05-2011, 04:07 PM
(13-05-2011 03:57 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Like BeardedDude said.

I went from an all A grade school student to a B- junior high student to a 1.9 GPA high school student (I didn't like homework, teachers, or the material... though I was still placed in Advanced Calculus with 6 other people and put in the Gifted and Talented program... eh? High fives for contradictions?)

But anyways, I was rejected from Ohio State straight out of high school so I went to Columbus State Community College for a year, maintained a 4.0 there, and got into OSU the next year. All the colleges really need to see is that you are capable of NOT being a dumbass if you need to be. Then you must place your trust in Sallie Mae.

I am anti-military =/

Fight the system,

13-05-2011, 04:25 PM

Smile Good luck. It's never too late, is it? ;)
(12-05-2011 10:43 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  I am a sophomore currently...

This link
might be of assistance. There are some related links on the right side of that main page, that could also help your pursuit. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2011, 04:39 PM
(13-05-2011 04:07 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  

I am anti-military =/

Anti-military or anti-war?

Because one is bumper sticker worthy and the other requires an explanation. A military of some kind is a necessity. Human beings are too primal and barbaric to simply trust that Culture A won't attack Culture B.

If this sparks a debate in you, we should open up another thread.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
13-05-2011, 09:01 PM
(13-05-2011 04:39 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(13-05-2011 04:07 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  

I am anti-military =/

Anti-military or anti-war?

Because one is bumper sticker worthy and the other requires an explanation. A military of some kind is a necessity. Human beings are too primal and barbaric to simply trust that Culture A won't attack Culture B.

If this sparks a debate in you, we should open up another thread.

I think I meant anti-war if thats the case.

Fight the system,