is it arrogance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2013, 09:19 PM
is it arrogance
is it arrogant to think that a god would respect atheist more. (If there was a god/gods etc

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: is it arrogance
Maybe.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-10-2013, 09:36 PM
/thread

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
10-10-2013, 09:37 PM
(10-10-2013 09:19 PM)sporehux Wrote:  is it arrogant to think that a god would respect atheist more. (If there was a god/gods etc

I am going to assume (a very dangerous habit) that you mean more than a theist who is following Pascal's wager.

In that instance would a supreme being favor insincere praise or honest disbelief?

Hard to say really, depends on the god. If it was Yahweh probably not he was an insecure bastard.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Not all atheists deserve respect and many theists do. It's more the individual. Not all are 'thinking' atheists. Tongue
10-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Does a God respect logic more or faith? It would depend also on the criteria that bases the respect.
10-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Based on the complete and total lack of evidence for a god, personally I would think he/she could only respect genuine disbelief.

I always thought of it this way - if I call someone 100 times and they never call me back, they either:

1) don't exist or
2) don't want to talk to me.

After years of prayer and earnest endeavor without a single real response, I chose 1). 2) didn't really make sense after the genuine and compelling effort I put in.

But either way, as far as I'm concerned the ball is in his/her court. Because of that, I don't worry about these things anymore.

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
[+] 3 users Like Skippy538's post
10-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Who would a god respect more angry rhubarb lady or fence lady?

Is angry rhubarb lady angry because she is constipated and seeking to treat her constipation with rhubarb?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2013, 11:00 PM
(10-10-2013 09:19 PM)sporehux Wrote:  is it arrogant to think that a god would respect atheist more. (If there was a god/gods etc

(10-10-2013 10:52 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Who would a god respect more angry rhubarb lady or fence lady?

Is angry rhubarb lady angry because she is constipated and seeking to treat her constipation with rhubarb?

Uh Blink uh huh.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-10-2013, 11:04 PM
My born again friend posed Pascals wager to me. And I responded by Saying ,so god would only accept me if I was dishonest about my feelings.
His long winded reply was yes.
That's how I ended up pondering the OP

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post