is it weird for an atheist to here the voice of god lol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2012, 12:15 PM
is it weird for an atheist to here the voice of god lol
I make no secret of this. I have a mental illness and because of it I hear voice. not audible ones but I can hear them none the less. every now and then a voice will take on a certain persons characteristics{still not audibly} like for example the god form the bible and yes the voice will claim to be this. basically I do talk to my voices but not out loud if i can help it. well I do that alone but usually in my head I hear some of the weirdest wisdom. so what do you think. is this an original situation or is there some other atheist who has this problem. heck I like o see the atheist who talks to the devil so we can get together and crepe people out. lol.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2012, 12:27 PM
RE: is it weird for an atheist to here the voice of god lol
btw I currently receive treatment for said illness... so don't worry.

27-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Are you able to name the voice or does the voice name itself? I mean, couldn't you just say it's not God talking to you, but it's Charles Darwin or something? Angel

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
27-08-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm sure there are others who have.

I've gone through sleep paralysis, fever induced hallucinations and drug induced hallucinations.

Yet I'm still rational.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
27-08-2012, 12:45 PM
nope.. not at all... it claims it's existence but it's not always around... I have this bus driver that gets me to mental health and one day i left him and there was his voice inside my head. it lasted for a while but it gave up the ghost an hour later.

27-08-2012, 12:46 PM
(27-08-2012 12:45 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  nope.. not at all... it claims it's existence but it's not always around... I have this bus driver that gets me to mental health and one day i left him and there was his voice inside my head. it lasted for a while but it gave up the ghost an hour later.

Damn. It's too bad you can't hear someone like Gwyneth Paltrow's voice or something. Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
27-08-2012, 12:46 PM
(27-08-2012 12:44 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I'm sure there are others who have.

I've gone through sleep paralysis, fever induced hallucinations and drug induced hallucinations.

Yet I'm still rational.

yeah... just because you have a mental ilness dosen't mea nyour crazy but it's just awkward. that's all.

[+] 2 users Like kunoxian drive's post
27-08-2012, 12:55 PM
(27-08-2012 12:46 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 12:44 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I'm sure there are others who have.

Yet I'm still rational.

yeah... just because you have a mental ilness dosen't mea nyour crazy but it's just awkward. that's all.

I agree with that.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
27-08-2012, 12:58 PM
thanx for not thinking I am crazy lqts

it's weird because that is what people think off the mentally ill usually.the person they have in their mind is Norman baites.

[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
27-08-2012, 01:07 PM
First of all, props on your openness. Having a mental illness is no more shameful than having cancer or heart disease or diabetes, yet it's still stigmatized. The more that people "come out" about having such a condition, the sooner attitudes will change.

I assume you have a form of schizophrenia, in which auditory hallucinations are common. As people learned from the story of John Nash in "A Beautiful Mind," it's possible to be schizophrenic and also absolutely brilliant--brilliant to the point of winning the Nobel Prize. I would think the most important thing in dealing with this situation is coming to the recognition that the voices, real as they seem, are coming from inside your own brain, not from the outside world. From what you've said, you've already arrived at that place.

As for why you're hearing God talking to you when you're an atheist . . . Well, even though we don't believe in something, that doesn't mean the idea isn't lodged in our heads. Chances are that like most of us, you were exposed to the God idea when you were a kid, and early influence is potent. In any event, the next time he talks to you and you don't feel like telling him to get lost, please ask him why he's such a dick. We'd all be interested in the answer. Wink

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 5 users Like cufflink's post