is it weird for an atheist to here the voice of god lol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2012, 01:13 PM
RE: is it weird for an atheist to here the voice of god lol
(27-08-2012 01:07 PM)cufflink Wrote:  First of all, props on your openness. Having a mental illness is no more shameful than having cancer or heart disease or diabetes, yet it's still stigmatized. The more that people "come out" about having such a condition, the sooner attitudes will change.

I assume you have a form of schizophrenia, in which auditory hallucinations are common. As people learned from the story of John Nash in "A Beautiful Mind," it's possible to be schizophrenic and also absolutely brilliant--brilliant to the point of winning the Nobel Prize. I would think the most important thing in dealing with this situation is coming to the recognition that the voices, real as they seem, are coming from inside your own brain, not from the outside world. From what you've said, you've already arrived at that place.

As for why you're hearing God talking to you when you're an atheist . . . Well, even though we don't believe in something, that doesn't mean the idea isn't lodged in our heads. Chances are that like most of us, you were exposed to the God idea when you were a kid, and early influence is potent. In any event, the next time he talks to you and you don't feel like telling him to get lost, please ask him why he's such a dick. We'd all be interested in the answer. Wink

I certainly will... though just in cas3e you where wondering.. he sounds nothing like Morgan freedman.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like kunoxian drive's post
27-08-2012, 01:31 PM
(27-08-2012 12:46 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 12:45 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  nope.. not at all... it claims it's existence but it's not always around... I have this bus driver that gets me to mental health and one day i left him and there was his voice inside my head. it lasted for a while but it gave up the ghost an hour later.

Damn. It's too bad you can't hear someone like Gwyneth Paltrow's voice or something. Consider

My Gwynnies! Heart

She was just smiling at me from my wall, and I was gonna write about it; and there you go. Validating the thought I had about low entropic patterns. Big Grin

As for the OP, it is more weird to hear the voice of god and not be an atheist. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-08-2012, 01:47 PM
(27-08-2012 01:31 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  As for the OP, it is more weird to hear the voice of god and not be an atheist. Thumbsup

Exactly! Heart
It's that point of separation that would, in my opinion, cause the crazies... or as many of us lovingly refer to them; Theists. Dodgy

Good on you Kunox for being who you are - honesty is the one important thing I require to love my fellow human being. Thumbsup Oh... and ... you never know... for some of us, maybe the big G might sound like Mr Freeman. Wink
[Image: mfTYY.jpg]

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
27-08-2012, 01:52 PM
(27-08-2012 01:13 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I certainly will... though just in cas3e you where wondering.. he sounds nothing like Morgan freedman.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2012, 01:56 PM
(27-08-2012 01:13 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I certainly will... though just in cas3e you where wondering.. he sounds nothing like Morgan freedman.

I just hope he doesn't sound like George Burns. Confused

[Image: oh_god_1977_movie_poster_01.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
27-08-2012, 01:57 PM
(27-08-2012 01:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I'm sorry to hear that.

i kow right because he would be the perfect choice. and as the devil you could have Mc chris.. you now like in the song the roomate from hell.... that would be the perfect combination.{mc chris shows up at the end of that song.

27-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Wow dude Smile You're awesome. If I heard voices I think I'd have had a lot more difficulty realising that the crap was crap. Major props for being sharp enough to figure that one out Smile
27-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Earlier this month I had the pleasure of meeting Morgan Freeman at a party. Very tall. Very gracious. Very charming. And he sounded just like . . . Morgan Freeman.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 5 users Like cufflink's post
27-08-2012, 02:07 PM
well like i said there not audible.. think of it more like a chat room in my head.

btw:if anybody can finfd the original version of the roommate from hell in song form that would be awesome... just for the comparison of morgan freedman as god and mc Chris as the devil.

27-08-2012, 02:10 PM
sorry editted{rorgot the words to this song