is it wrong of me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: is it wrong of me
Don't berate yourself for feeling the way you do; in that wise it is not wrong for you to have the feelings (and even the wish) that you have. Our emotions arise unbidden from subconscious machinery not always in tune with what our intellect "knows" should be right.

But our intellect DOES "know" what is right more often than our emotions impel us in the right direction, so when our emotions and intellect grate, follow intellect. KC and others are right on the money, the occasion is not the place for personal emotional theatrics. I wouldn't call you selfish for having the feelings you have - but I would call you selfish if you gave them priority - at this venue.

The sheer fact your intellect is raising the question at all answers the question.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
18-07-2015, 01:43 AM
RE: is it wrong of me
(17-07-2015 09:04 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Don't berate yourself for feeling the way you do; in that wise it is not wrong for you to have the feelings (and even the wish) that you have. Our emotions arise unbidden from subconscious machinery not always in tune with what our intellect "knows" should be right.

But our intellect DOES "know" what is right more often than our emotions impel us in the right direction, so when our emotions and intellect grate, follow intellect. KC and others are right on the money, the occasion is not the place for personal emotional theatrics. I wouldn't call you selfish for having the feelings you have - but I would call you selfish if you gave them priority - at this venue.

The sheer fact your intellect is raising the question at all answers the question.

Thank you so much
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply