is the future realy an are we there yet thing.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2015, 06:18 PM
is the future realy an are we there yet thing.
basically I was watching e3 one year with two friends and one of them saod... "it really is the future." so many years latter and I hear some people claiming that hololense will bring about the future but I think these thoughts are misnomers... the future will never be here by its very nature.... what we are really collectively thinking is will technology ever get to the point where it will exceed societies expectations. my answer to that is we are very close. in fact we have just dipped our toe in to see whatsup. we have been amazed but even if the so called future gets here the hedonic tredmill will just make it the present. what do you guys think. lol.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: is the future realy an are we there yet thing.
What societies expectations? Will it succeed current day expectations in some view of things at a point, yes. But will those "technologies" or manners of existence be beyond the expectations of the people from a decade prior? Probably not.

It's quite an easy thing to say when comparing Video Games based on how expectations each decade or so have been greatly met and let down. Despite some saying we are in the future; others may be saying, where is our future of gaming we expected? In the 90s VR was shown in so many ways trying to be seen as a reality coming to your living room. 2 decades later it still isn't really there but there are 2-5 functional attempts being build people have seen at E3 like events. Are they really going to function and hit that market soon or will they fizzle and will the "future" still be a dream for the future?

Side note... this is the last year hoverboards must come out now or all we were told about the future is a lie.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post