isn't this a bit messed up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2012, 09:40 AM
isn't this a bit messed up
I was looking into an article and it said the folowing about sony and microsofts next conolse.

"Used games won't be banned, but will cost more.
Despite the chatter, Microsoft and Sony won't actually build systems that refuse to play previously owned games. To do so would alienate Gamestop, a critical retail partner, not to mention outrage the very consumers they're hoping will buy new consoles. Instead, expect to see one-time use codes in games even for single player, meaning people who buy used will have to pay more to "re-activate" those titles."

here is he full article if you need it: http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/...10207.html

but why would they get away with that.. it's like telling you that you have to pay for x-box live and a pass code after you bot the game. so what do you guys think. am I right or am i just completely wrong.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2012, 09:44 AM
RE: isn't this a bit messed up
The article is called "20 predictions for next-generation consoles" for a reason. It's not set in stone at all. Drinking Beverage

As for the topic at hand, what's the point of buying a used game if it's more expensive than a new copy of it?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
24-09-2012, 09:45 AM
yeah i am speculating as well. my question needs a bit of rephrasing.

why would they think they could get away with this.

24-09-2012, 09:47 AM
(24-09-2012 09:45 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  yeah i am speculating as well. my question needs a bit of rephrasing.

Most likely because it's not illegal.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
24-09-2012, 09:48 AM
that's a good point... most likely can do anything that's wrong and not illegal that way.

24-09-2012, 09:49 AM
If it became more expensive for me to by used games over new ones, then I wouldn't buy many games. New games are just too expensive for me... being a poor wee student sucks.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
24-09-2012, 09:49 AM
(24-09-2012 09:45 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  yeah i am speculating as well. my question needs a bit of rephrasing.

Because EA is already getting away with doing it in the market of online modes of some sports games.. so why not expand it to make more money. EA is a giant force in the gaming industry that keeps growing and absorbing competition.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
24-09-2012, 09:51 AM
I actually think that you'll probably need xbox live to play used games{also speculation,} but i do fear that.

24-09-2012, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2012 09:57 AM by bemore.)
Seeing as consoles have a life of about 8-10 years I would say that the new consoles that will come out next year (playstation 4...xbox 720) and the new nintendo this year will have still have disc drives and I wouldnt put it past them to do what you have wrote about.... they are doing it more and more with the mulitplayer.

I think the possible future of other consoles in about 10-11 years time (playstation 5....xbox 1440).... with technological advancements like internet speed increases and hardrive/storage improvements... media intergration through phones/portable tablets/televisions etc etc will see games either being streamed or download only.

They wont have disc drives in the future.....total consumer dominance.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
24-09-2012, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2012 10:04 AM by kunoxian drive.)
two things
1. unlesss we run out of bandwith.{big pops penny arcade for breaking that story=http://youtu.be/GuqmKg6QQTw}

2. I hope gaming goes streaming because i can't afford two much being that I only get $30 a month at age 28.