it's your choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 12:53 PM
it's your choice
Atheist,

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:
If you are right, and there is no God, then we all just cease to exist at our death and what we do does not really make any difference. Except I KNOW that I have attempted in my life to always do the right thing, not always successfully but my effort is still there.

Now on the other hand, if I am right and I KNOW that I am, then at my death, I will go to heaven not because I am such a good person (I’m not) but because God so loved the world (you and me) that He gave His only begotten son (Jesus) that whosoever (you and me) believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (heaven). John 3:16

Jesus said “I am the way, the truth and the life; NOBODY comes to the Father but by me.”

All we’ve got to do is acknowledge our sinful state and ask Him to forgive us and save us. He WILL and if I am right, and I know that I am, then you will spend eternity in anguish and pain in hell. I am sorry…God does not want anyone to go into hell and he gave us a way out (Jesus). God wants all of us to be in heaven with Him.
……………………………………….. The CHOICE is yours.........Raphael1
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2014, 02:04 PM
RE: it's your choice
(10-05-2014 12:53 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Atheist,

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:
If you are right, and there is no God, then we all just cease to exist at our death and what we do does not really make any difference. Except I KNOW that I have attempted in my life to always do the right thing, not always successfully but my effort is still there.

Now on the other hand, if I am right and I KNOW that I am, then at my death, I will go to heaven not because I am such a good person (I’m not) but because God so loved the world (you and me) that He gave His only begotten son (Jesus) that whosoever (you and me) believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (heaven). John 3:16

Jesus said “I am the way, the truth and the life; NOBODY comes to the Father but by me.”

All we’ve got to do is acknowledge our sinful state and ask Him to forgive us and save us. He WILL and if I am right, and I know that I am, then you will spend eternity in anguish and pain in hell. I am sorry…God does not want anyone to go into hell and he gave us a way out (Jesus). God wants all of us to be in heaven with Him.

Oh goody. Welcome to the forum.

Dodgy

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-05-2014, 02:08 PM

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:

Wow...I never thought of this.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 14 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
10-05-2014, 02:11 PM
(10-05-2014 02:08 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:

Wow...I never thought of this.Drinking Beverage

I know right? I was just watching last night the episode of Star Trek Voyager where a member of the Q wanted to die because eternity was too long.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-05-2014, 02:12 PM

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:

[Image: tysonreaction.gif]

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/descar...tological/

This argument has existed for 300 years, are you a 12 year old to act as if you just invented it?

It is really simply debunked by asking:

"Which god?"

(22-05-2014 06:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I abstain from all forms of sexual acts.
[+] 17 users Like The Germans are coming's post
10-05-2014, 02:22 PM

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:

Okay, you win. Praise Jesus. Bowing Bowing Bowing

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 5 users Like TSG's post
10-05-2014, 02:26 PM
"If I am right, and I know that I am"...

Well but I know that you're not. So... you do your God thing and I'll do my not-wasting-my-time-listening-to-idiots-in-church-on-Sundays and we'll see who's got the better life at the end of it Smile Ready, set, go!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 12 users Like morondog's post
10-05-2014, 02:27 PM
OMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!

New poster speaks such compelling truth...I am going to go get ready to confession...I have been wrong and I owe it all to some

asshole

theist

who

has

to

come

here

and

waste

space.

Actually off to get my hair cut.

I leave this one in capable hands.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 13 users Like Anjele's post
10-05-2014, 02:30 PM

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:

On a more serious note, what's your story? Are you an adult? Child? Adolescent? Poe? Somehow the latter seems more likely considering this forum's usual visitors...

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
10-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Well, two possible outcomes.

The OP will come back / The OP will not come back

Place your bets please Drinking Beverage

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
[+] 8 users Like undergroundp's post