it's your choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: it's your choice
(10-05-2014 09:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 08:26 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  That is not how the burden of proof works.

Also, you going to get around to my post any time soon?
[/quote
I can put that right back you, you say that there isn't a God, where is your proof???

No, you can't - because he never claimed that.

You made a set of claims - I reject them because you have provided no evidence.
The ball is in your court.

Good luck with that. This sheeple dances around questions better than Bob Fosse.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
10-05-2014, 09:36 PM
(10-05-2014 12:53 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Atheist,

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:
If you are right, and there is no God, then we all just cease to exist at our death and what we do does not really make any difference. Except I KNOW that I have attempted in my life to always do the right thing, not always successfully but my effort is still there.

Now on the other hand, if I am right and I KNOW that I am, then at my death, I will go to heaven not because I am such a good person (I’m not) but because God so loved the world (you and me) that He gave His only begotten son (Jesus) that whosoever (you and me) believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (heaven). John 3:16

Jesus said “I am the way, the truth and the life; NOBODY comes to the Father but by me.”

All we’ve got to do is acknowledge our sinful state and ask Him to forgive us and save us. He WILL and if I am right, and I know that I am, then you will spend eternity in anguish and pain in hell. I am sorry…God does not want anyone to go into hell and he gave us a way out (Jesus). God wants all of us to be in heaven with Him.
……………………………………….. The CHOICE is yours.........Raphael1

You have a choice too. You should believe in the toothfairy or you will have eternal Tooth pain. You should believe in Santa or you will stop to have presents in december. You should accept Chuck Norris as your supreme
God or Chuck will roundhouse kick you to oblivion.
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
10-05-2014, 09:37 PM
(10-05-2014 09:34 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 09:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, you can't - because he never claimed that.

You made a set of claims - I reject them because you have provided no evidence.
The ball is in your court.

Good luck with that. This sheeple dances around questions better than Bob Fosse.

Raise your hand if you got the Bob Fosse reference.

Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-05-2014, 09:37 PM
(10-05-2014 09:23 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 09:18 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  

!.Your choice is your choice
2.Jesus did descend into hell for 3 days, was resurrected and now is in heaven.
3.I know that I serve the only true God.
4. Oh, I have already looked at mt faith with a very critical eye & I asked God many
questions. I asked him to prove himself to me and he did and he answered all
my questions. That is why I believe....Raphael1

3 Days?!? That's it? Hardly a long time? Why not just do that for everyone?

"I know I'm right 'cuz I sez so" isn't an answer, proof, or even an argument.

You have not looked at anything with a critical eye or we wouldn't be having this conversation. If you you heard some voice talking to you I suggest you seek psychiatric help very soon.
10-05-2014, 09:43 PM
(10-05-2014 07:26 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  No, you don't deserve to go to hell. And no one here has the authority or the right to say you do.

Everybody deserves to go to hell, none of us are perfect. We all have our own
demons to deal with. Me, you , all of us. We are flawed humans in a fallen state.
That is why the son of God, Jesus, came to earth to allow evil people to
shed his blood & kill him to pay the atonement for our sins, past, present
& future. all we gotta do is believe & ask him to forgive us.
God has done this because he loves us, all of us....Raphael1
I think your logic skills are pure shit and very childish. Growups with common sense don't accept this fairly tales.
10-05-2014, 09:44 PM
(10-05-2014 09:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 12:53 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Let’s look at this:
If you are right, and there is no God, then we all just cease to exist at our death and what we do does not really make any difference. Except I KNOW that I have attempted in my life to always do the right thing, not always successfully but my effort is still there.

Your effort is your reward. Yay verily I say unto you brother, I have sucked the marrow out of The Word and the Holy Spirit has infused my flesh and bone with it. And The Word is: Don't be a dick, save yourself save the world. No bullshit promise of some eternal reward required. Be The Word brother, be The Word. Jesus' intent was to demonstrate the embodiment of The Word. He's dead so now I am the embodiment of The Word. Reach out and touch faith, brother, reach out and touch faith.

Jesus is not dead, resurrected on the third day and is at the right hand of God
...Raphael1
10-05-2014, 09:45 PM
(10-05-2014 09:43 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 07:26 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Everybody deserves to go to hell, none of us are perfect. We all have our own
demons to deal with. Me, you , all of us. We are flawed humans in a fallen state.
That is why the son of God, Jesus, came to earth to allow evil people to
shed his blood & kill him to pay the atonement for our sins, past, present
& future. all we gotta do is believe & ask him to forgive us.
God has done this because he loves us, all of us....Raphael1
I think your logic skills are pure shit and very childish. Growups with common sense don't accept this fairly tales.

Your choice...Raphael1
10-05-2014, 09:46 PM
(10-05-2014 09:44 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 09:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Your effort is your reward. Yay verily I say unto you brother, I have sucked the marrow out of The Word and the Holy Spirit has infused my flesh and bone with it. And The Word is: Don't be a dick, save yourself save the world. No bullshit promise of some eternal reward required. Be The Word brother, be The Word. Jesus' intent was to demonstrate the embodiment of The Word. He's dead so now I am the embodiment of The Word. Reach out and touch faith, brother, reach out and touch faith.

...Raphael1

And the evidence for this assertions are ?
10-05-2014, 09:47 PM
(10-05-2014 09:44 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 09:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Your effort is your reward. Yay verily I say unto you brother, I have sucked the marrow out of The Word and the Holy Spirit has infused my flesh and bone with it. And The Word is: Don't be a dick, save yourself save the world. No bullshit promise of some eternal reward required. Be The Word brother, be The Word. Jesus' intent was to demonstrate the embodiment of The Word. He's dead so now I am the embodiment of The Word. Reach out and touch faith, brother, reach out and touch faith.

...Raphael1

Wait.... Jesus is dead, but he's not dead? Do you even read what you write?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
10-05-2014, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 10:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-05-2014 09:23 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  1.Your choice is your choice

I'm not at all convinced of that. Neuroscience is starting to raise serious questions about whether who or what I think I am is in control of dick.

(10-05-2014 09:23 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  2.Jesus did descend into hell for 3 days, was resurrected and now is in heaven.

Spa weekend! Banana_zorro

(10-05-2014 09:23 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  3.I know that I serve the only true God.

I wish I could afford to compensate you better. Your service is appreciated and duly noted.

(10-05-2014 09:23 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  4. Oh, I have already looked at mt faith with a very critical eye & I asked God many
questions. I asked him to prove himself to me and he did and he answered all
my questions.

Yabut, does P = NP?

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post