it's your choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: it's your choice
(11-05-2014 12:25 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I don't think I can go to heaven...

Last time I was there, I gouged out god's eyes and snapped his neck. Confused

That wasn't the only thing either...

I kicked Jesus so hard in the testicles that one of them shattered and the other went inside him, I gave Moses the finger after I curb stomped him, and the last thing I remembered was telling every Mary in Jesus's life that they were poor cooks.

Laugh out load

ahem :| I mean... :| that's bad. :| :3

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
11-05-2014, 01:29 AM
(10-05-2014 08:38 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:52 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Hi Raphael,

I'd like to explore how you know this? Have you ever considered that you could be wrong?
I know that I'm not wrong, have you ever considered that you could be wrong??
....Raphael1

Thank you for responding. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Yes I could very well be wrong about any of my beliefs.

Saying that you know that you are not wrong does not answer my question of HOW you know your beliefs are true and that is the crucial question. What method did you use to come to them? You also didn't answer my question about whether you have considered how your beliefs could be wrong.

There are many ways to come to a belief, for instance, You could flip a coin. Heads you believe in god, tails you don't. Or You could look at the evidence and proportion your belief based on that. Or you could split open a goat and try to get some sign from reading the pattern of the entrails. Obviously some methods are more reliable than others. What method did you use?

Just to be clear I can not say for sure that there is no god. What I can say for sure is I haven't seen any evidence that would justify a belief in a god. However if I were shown sufficient evidence then I would believe. Unfortunately someone's assertions that there is a god don't amount to any kind of sufficient evidence.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 4 users Like true scotsman's post
11-05-2014, 02:24 AM
(10-05-2014 10:45 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 10:20 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 10:16 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Good nite everyone, thank you for your input, it has been fun...Raphael1
Oh so you are having fun with your trolling ? Good for you !Thumbsup banhammer please !
Not trolling...I truly believe, but I am not intimidated by discussion...Raphael1

Quote buttons are your friend. Use them to help you quote things.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
11-05-2014, 03:24 AM
(10-05-2014 07:59 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:30 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  On a more serious note, what's your story? Are you an adult? Child? Adolescent? Poe? Somehow the latter seems more likely considering this forum's usual visitors...
I am 62 years old, male, American.

Yeah right. Or are you a new convert who has had to see a psychologist in the past?

Just guessing here because people don't reach 62 years of age and then feel the need to suddenly troll like a 12 year old unless they have never managed to figure out how the world works due to some psychological abnormality.
[+] 6 users Like Mathilda's post
11-05-2014, 03:53 AM
(11-05-2014 03:24 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 07:59 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  I am 62 years old, male, American.

Yeah right. Or are you a new convert who has had to see a psychologist in the past?

Just guessing here because people don't reach 62 years of age and then feel the need to suddenly troll like a 12 year old unless they have never managed to figure out how the world works due to some psychological abnormality.

Spot on, like always, Mathilda. Rolleyes

Your BS-radar is as finetuned as the universe supposedly is.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 3 users Like John's post
11-05-2014, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 04:12 AM by Mathilda.)
(10-05-2014 10:05 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 08:47 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  start with the new testament book of Luke....

I call Fucking DRECK SOCK.

Raising the spectre of going to Hell would be consistent if so. Also the innate need to bully.

And if it is then it should be pointed out that Drich had to admit that Hell isn't necessarily an unpleasant place for people who value their freedom.
11-05-2014, 04:21 AM
(10-05-2014 08:47 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  read the bible,
start with the new testament book of Luke....Raphael1

Why don't you advise people to start with Deuteronomy or Leviticus? After all, it's all just part of the same book.

Or is it that you know that it will turn people off?

As such it is an implicit admission that what you are peddling is a parasitic meme, a way to condition people, to brainwash them.

If what you were peddling was the truth then you wouldn't need to do this.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
11-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Good grief, another crazy one Facepalm

Honestly, I think the Lagomorphs make more sense than this poor misguided fools god and jebus. Dodgy

Brings up Pascal's wager and sticks to it for 14 pages... yeah , thats original. Hobo

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
11-05-2014, 07:06 AM
(10-05-2014 08:47 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  I have read a book and I suggest you do the same...read the bible,
start with the new testament book of Luke....Raphael1

I read that book too, when I was 10. It was very similar to Grimm's fairy tales where the bad witch had to dance in a bush of thorns for eternity and the good witches could fly freely forever... So when I finished the bible I filed it away with my fairy tale books.

See, I am about the same age you are. When I grew up, there was no internet and no way to get any information except libraries. The closest, within walking distance, was the church library. The big library was much further away, you had to take a bus to get there.

When you grew up, was it much the same way? Think about where all your information came from. Now you are much older, and still you cling to that information that was fed to you throughout your formative years, with no possibility of learning anything different about the world.

Today's youth has access to just about everything humans ever discovered about the world, as a result they understand things so much better than we could in our time. It isn't necessary anymore to explain everything with a book that was written long ago about things that happened in a barbaric society even longer ago, and that was later cut to size by Catholics. That book is the bible, and it is just so outdated, vague and mutilated. Anyone can sit down with it and imagine it to say whatever moral thing one wants to project into it. You really can get the same morals from old fairy tale books.

So you simply got stuck in a rut, you don't open your eyes and read about all there is to know in this world, but you hide in one age old book and use it as a measure for everything on this earth.

I do understand you, this book has been drummed into your head from childhood on, and it seems that it is all there is and all that matters. It is your reality.

Aren't you just a bit curious about what else there is in this world?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
11-05-2014, 07:09 AM
(10-05-2014 10:07 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I am going attempt to sum up this thread.

raphael1: You are all going to hell

everyone else: lets post memes

Me: Facepalm Laughat Drinking Beverage

Memes

"Newton's third law: The only way humans have ever figured out of getting somewhere is to leave something behind." - TARS, Interstellar
"Newtons drittes Gesetz: Der einzige Weg wie Menschen irgendwo hin kommen, ist der dass sie etwas zurücklassen." - TARS, Interstellar
[+] 1 user Likes therealJim's post