it's your choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2014, 10:04 AM
RE: it's your choice
(10-05-2014 12:53 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Atheist,

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:
If you are right, and there is no God, then we all just cease to exist at our death and what we do does not really make any difference. Except I KNOW that I have attempted in my life to always do the right thing, not always successfully but my effort is still there.

Now on the other hand, if I am right and I KNOW that I am, then at my death, I will go to heaven not because I am such a good person (I’m not) but because God so loved the world (you and me) that He gave His only begotten son (Jesus) that whosoever (you and me) believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (heaven). John 3:16

Jesus said “I am the way, the truth and the life; NOBODY comes to the Father but by me.”

All we’ve got to do is acknowledge our sinful state and ask Him to forgive us and save us. He WILL and if I am right, and I know that I am, then you will spend eternity in anguish and pain in hell. I am sorry…God does not want anyone to go into hell and he gave us a way out (Jesus). God wants all of us to be in heaven with Him.
……………………………………….. The CHOICE is yours.........Raphael1

Yabut, who are you?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2014, 10:11 AM
(11-05-2014 09:52 AM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 01:29 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Thank you for responding. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Yes I could very well be wrong about any of my beliefs.

Saying that you know that you are not wrong does not answer my question of HOW you know your beliefs are true and that is the crucial question. What method did you use to come to them? You also didn't answer my question about whether you have considered how your beliefs could be wrong.

There are many ways to come to a belief, for instance, You could flip a coin. Heads you believe in god, tails you don't. Or You could look at the evidence and proportion your belief based on that. Or you could split open a goat and try to get some sign from reading the pattern of the entrails. Obviously some methods are more reliable than others. What method did you use?

Just to be clear I can not say for sure that there is no god. What I can say for sure is I haven't seen any evidence that would justify a belief in a god. However if I were shown sufficient evidence then I would believe. Unfortunately someone's assertions that there is a god don't amount to any kind of sufficient evidence.
I did not get saved until I was 28. Up until that time I was a hard drinker,
a brawler and sexually promiscuous. I was full of hate and anger.
I had been all over the world seeing the violence and squalor that the
third world lived in on a daily basis. I sensed the presence of evil (the devil)
before I came to grips with God. In my rage I cursed God and dared him
to show himself to me.
By circumstances and happenings in my life, he did. Things I survived
that I should not have. I didn't hear spoken words but my consciousness was
increased to a higher level. I began to see things in the world around me
in a different way. In the past, I had read parts of the bible and couldn't
make heads or tails of it. but after, some of it began to make some sense.
looking back in my life I can see that God was always there waiting for me.
God's word says "seek me and you shall find me".
Everybody's journey from dark to the light may be a little different, the way we seek
may not be the same. God meets us all where we are in life....Raphael1

Lather, rinse, repeat...

Hey Skippy,
You do realize that is the same story we hear over and over again right? This is like a fill in the blanks form letter that is served up by most of the theists that decide they must come here to save our souls.

One of the things that seems to never be understood is that most of us came from religion...we already know the buzzwords, we have done our own 'seeking'.

How arrogant is it of you to think that you have been tasked by your god to preach to people who have already heard it and discarded it?

Whoopdeefuckingdoo...you used to drink and party when you were young and then you grew up and became more responsible...if you want to give your god the credit and not realize that you made the changes as you got older and presumably smarter go right ahead. It's called growing up...lots of people do it. Sure doesn't make your god look like the awesome god you are trying to promote.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
11-05-2014, 10:14 AM
This crap isn't even popcorn-worthy.

Hey - how about having an original thought instead of regurgitating the same old garbage? Start by answering the questions that were pointedly asked of you.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
11-05-2014, 10:19 AM
(11-05-2014 10:14 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  This crap isn't even popcorn-worthy.

Hey - how about having an original thought instead of regurgitating the same old garbage? Start by answering the questions that were pointedly asked of you.

Like the old rerun that you have seen a zillion times on TV, but are watching it when you have insomnia 'cause you know it will bore you to sleep.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
11-05-2014, 10:33 AM
(11-05-2014 10:19 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 10:14 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  This crap isn't even popcorn-worthy.

Like the old rerun that you have seen a zillion times on TV, but are watching it when you have insomnia 'cause you know it will bore you to sleep.

And you *still* vainly hope for a different ending? Yeah, that one. LOL

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
11-05-2014, 10:36 AM
This chewtoy just has the pet store bargain bin standard squeak.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
11-05-2014, 10:39 AM
(11-05-2014 10:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  This chewtoy just has the pet store bargain bin standard squeak.

I think this one is in the 10 for a dollar bin. Easily disposed of when popped. Wink

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
11-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Raphael,
Do you believe everything in the bible is literally true, or do you pick and choose the parts you agree with and discard the rest?
Do you twist(you will say interpret) what the bible actually says into something you feel better about?
I'm curious what particular species of sheeple you are.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
11-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Problem: we KNOW the bible is not factually accurate. But whatever, that's not what your argument hinges on. The existence or non-existence of a supernatural entity is independent of the veracity of any book. You claim god exists because you "survived thugs you shouldn't have." Argument from incomplete devastation. Or argument from improbability. Take your pick. Both are fallacious.

What positive argument do you have for Christianity? Bear in mind I have theological training and have read the entire bible in Latin and in English.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
11-05-2014, 12:17 PM
(11-05-2014 12:14 PM)natachan Wrote:  Problem: we KNOW the bible is not factually accurate. But whatever, that's not what your argument hinges on. The existence or non-existence of a supernatural entity is independent of the veracity of any book. You claim god exists because you "survived thugs you shouldn't have." Argument from incomplete devastation. Or argument from improbability. Take your pick. Both are fallacious.

What positive argument do you have for Christianity? Bear in mind I have theological training and have read the entire bible in Latin and in English.

[Image: meme-sticker-likeaboss.jpg]

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post