it's your choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: it's your choice
In all sincerity, the beauty of being an atheist (to me) is that I don't feel the need to explain why I feel 'I'm right,' to anyone. For all I know, a higher power may exist, but no one has any certainty of that. The freedom to let go of having to figure out if a deity exists, is quite liberating.

Many theists have an insatiable need to get everyone to believe as they do, recruit people towards their faith. Like a used car salesman, of sorts. Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Deidre32's post
11-05-2014, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 12:50 PM by kim.)
(11-05-2014 09:52 AM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Everybody's journey from dark to the light may be a little different, the way we seek
may not be the same. ....

"Everybody's journey ... may not be the same." I think everyone here understands and agrees with this statement.

Raphael1, you have ventured into a community where people care about families and each other, where people care about being healthy and well educated, and care about the the world going on around them and how events today will effect the future. If these values are similar values to yours then, you have no reason to venture into such a community to chide it or attempt to alter it's progress.

People trust what they trust and think they way they do, to help themselves live productive and fulfilling lives. Just because you trust in an idea, which you think is a good or better idea of how people should live, does not give you any authority over anyone ... except you. You don't know anyone here.

You've spoken about what you know which you indicate is based on you personal experience. I can not and won't ever be able to have another person's personal experience, I have my own personal experiences to manage. However, here are a couple of personal experiences which people here have been through ... I can say these are things I know...

People have been refused jobs or even lost their jobs because someone "found out" they were atheist. Teenagers have been kicked out of their family homes, or bullied so badly by religious parents, they've taken to the streets to get away from it. These are very common situations, minus the more gory details but, they are not isolated or localized examples. There are seven states in the US in which an atheist is forbidden to hold public office.

I imagine you have encountered here much of the insult and ridicule which the average teenage atheist receives from his theist acquaintances or from a religious parent... on a daily basis. This is but one of many gatherings of peoples who exchange secular ideas and thoughts, which people in religious communities seem to revile. It would seem Raphael1 you also, have come here to tell people that they are wrong to trust themselves and that they should trust what you trust.

"Everybody's journey ... may not be the same." Pretty sure I read that somewhere. It seems autonomy is a divisive attribute of our shared humanity. You trust in your ideas, Raphael1.... I'll trust in mine and we'll both be ok. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 8 users Like kim's post
11-05-2014, 12:47 PM
(11-05-2014 09:52 AM)Raphael1 Wrote:  I had been all over the world seeing the violence and squalor that the third world lived in on a daily basis.

Did you forget to take your malaria shots before you visited? 'Cause that would explain a lot.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-05-2014, 12:56 PM
(11-05-2014 12:46 PM)kim Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 09:52 AM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Everybody's journey from dark to the light may be a little different, the way we seek
may not be the same. ....

"Everybody's journey ... may not be the same." I think everyone here understands and agrees with this statement.

Raphael1, you have ventured into a community where people care about families and each other, where people care about being healthy and well educated, and care about the the world going on around them and how events today will effect the future. If these values are similar values to yours then, you have no reason to venture into such a community to chide it or attempt to alter it's progress.

People trust what they trust and think they way they do, to help themselves live productive and fulfilling lives. Just because you trust in an idea, which you think is a good or better idea of how people should live, does not give you any authority over anyone ... except you. You don't know anyone here.

You've spoken about what you know which you indicate is based on you personal experience. I can not and won't ever be able to have another person's personal experience, I have my own personal experiences to manage. However, here are a couple of personal experiences which people here have been through ... I can say these are things I know...

People have been refused jobs or even lost their jobs because someone "found out" they were atheist. Teenagers have been kicked out of their family homes, or bullied so badly by religious parents, they've taken to the streets to get away from it. These are very common situations, minus the more gory details but, they are not isolated or localized examples. There are seven states in the US in which an atheist is forbidden to hold public office.

I imagine you have encountered here much of the insult and ridicule which the average teenage atheist receives from his theist acquaintances or from a religious parent... on a daily basis. This is but one of many gatherings of peoples who exchange secular ideas and thoughts, which people in religious communities seem to revile. It would seem Raphael1 you also, have come here to tell people that they are wrong to trust themselves and that they should trust what you trust.

"Everybody's journey ... may not be the same." Pretty sure I read that somewhere. It seems autonomy is a divisive attribute of our shared humanity. You trust in your ideas, Raphael1.... I'll trust in mine and we'll both be ok. Shy

I would add that we have not reached our conclusions hastily, or without introspection. Many of us have had long, terrifying, difficult journeys to come to a point where we can discard religion. Do not expect to waltz in here, hum a few bars of "I Know Jesus," and have us throw down our intelligence and follow you into the darkness. Our standards are much higher than that.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
11-05-2014, 01:12 PM
I really dong think he is coming back.

Or he might just be jerking off whilest reading our posts.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
11-05-2014, 01:22 PM
(11-05-2014 01:12 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I really dong think he is coming back.

Or he might just be jerking off whilest reading our posts.

Nah He will come back. The hobby of some pathetic christards is to troll atheist sites. The walker dude and dritch trolled atheistforums.com and both we're banned. Both dudes also trolled the atheistforums.org sites and now they are messing with us with the thinking atheist site.
11-05-2014, 01:34 PM
(11-05-2014 01:22 PM)Leo Wrote:  Nah He will come back. The hobby of some pathetic christards is to troll atheist sites. The walker dude and dritch trolled atheistforums.com and both we're banned. Both dudes also trolled the atheistforums.org sites and now they are messing with us with the thinking atheist site.

Thats kinda like sayin, the mouse is messing with the cat..... Laugh out load

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
11-05-2014, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 01:44 PM by Leo.)
(11-05-2014 01:34 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 01:22 PM)Leo Wrote:  Nah He will come back. The hobby of some pathetic christards is to troll atheist sites. The walker dude and dritch trolled atheistforums.com and both we're banned. Both dudes also trolled the atheistforums.org sites and now they are messing with us with the thinking atheist site.

Thats kinda like sayin, the mouse is messing with the cat..... Laugh out load

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadI know what you mean. This christards dudes are in a crusade to troll all the atheist sites . I know this sounds ridiculous but is the truth. It's fun watching theists trolls getting destroyed in atheist sites. Make not mistake.Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
11-05-2014, 01:53 PM
(10-05-2014 12:53 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Atheist,

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:
If you are right, and there is no God, then we all just cease to exist at our death and what we do does not really make any difference. Except I KNOW that I have attempted in my life to always do the right thing, not always successfully but my effort is still there.

Now on the other hand, if I am right and I KNOW that I am, then at my death, I will go to heaven not because I am such a good person (I’m not) but because God so loved the world (you and me) that He gave His only begotten son (Jesus) that whosoever (you and me) believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (heaven). John 3:16

Jesus said “I am the way, the truth and the life; NOBODY comes to the Father but by me.”

All we’ve got to do is acknowledge our sinful state and ask Him to forgive us and save us. He WILL and if I am right, and I know that I am, then you will spend eternity in anguish and pain in hell. I am sorry…God does not want anyone to go into hell and he gave us a way out (Jesus). God wants all of us to be in heaven with Him.
……………………………………….. The CHOICE is yours.........Raphael1

You believe in God because you are afraid of death and don't understand it. Not understanding something is fine, but you can't just make things up because you want them to be true. Sure you can believe whatever you want, you are free to do so. Truth is none of us know what happens after death... we can pretend to know all day, and that is what you are doing.

Where do birds go when they die? Cats? Cows? Monkeys? Pigs? Do each of them have their own heaven? Or do you think it's just us humans that are special? My next question is.. what about the rest of the universe? If you can look up in the sky.. and see countless space and stars and then say theres nothing out there.. you're ignorant. There is without a doubt life in some shape or form out there.. Sorry your "God" didn't just put that stuff up there so we have something pretty to look at.

So where do those life forms go? Is heaven exclusive to you and your certain religion? Do the non believers in your religion go to hell? If so your god will send more then half of the population to burn in hell... why would you follow a god like that?

Its okay to believe in a fantasy if you need to.. but what makes more sense? When we die we cease to exist? or when we die.. we go to a cloud city full of people with wings..? and after all the people that have died.. don't you think it would be over populated? meh..

Just my 2 cents.

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
― Epicurus
[+] 7 users Like Mr Brightside's post
11-05-2014, 03:10 PM
(11-05-2014 01:38 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 01:34 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Thats kinda like sayin, the mouse is messing with the cat..... Laugh out load

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadI know what you mean. This christards dudes are in a crusade to troll all the atheist sites . I know this sounds ridiculous but is the truth. It's fun watching theists trolls getting destroyed in atheist sites. Make not mistake.Laugh out load

Makes me wonder if atheist troll christian sights?Consider

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube