it's your choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 12:58 PM
RE: it's your choice
Why should anyone be happy about Christianity? If God exists, everyone will most certainly go to hell.

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like diddo97's post
12-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Hey Rafael you are rejecting my religion toothfairysm . You are not thinking this well enough. I don't think you understand what eternal tooth pain means.Yes
[+] 3 users Like Leo's post
12-05-2014, 01:13 PM
(12-05-2014 07:33 AM)Raphael1 Wrote:  get the sense he is "brushing the dirt off his hands," so to speak?

If I was satisfied that all of you were going to hell, I would not be here,
enduring this verbal abuse while trying to win a few.

Instead of assuming that your boss doesn't like you cause you are an atheist,
why don't you ask her why she doesn't like you. You might be surprised.

To win a fight you must use an attack. To win a argument you must use evidence.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
12-05-2014, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 01:30 PM by kim.)
(12-05-2014 07:33 AM)Raphael1 Wrote:  ---
If I was satisfied that all of you were going to hell, I would not be here,
enduring this verbal abuse while trying to win a few.
---

Not a Calvinist, huh? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-05-2014, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 02:19 PM by djhall.)
Since Raphael1 was kind enough to try to save us, I suppose we should do the same for him. Obviously Raphael simply stopped reading too soon. However, I'm sure the following will be quite convincing:

“Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allâh is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no god but Allâh. And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.” 5:73

They do blaspheme who say: "God is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship God, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with God (innahu man yushrik biAllahi),- God will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help. S. 5:72

They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them. S. 5:73

All you've got to do is acknowledge your sinful state and ask Allah to forgive you and save you. He WILL, and if I am right, and I know that I am, then you will spend eternity in anguish and pain in hell. I am sorry… Allah does not want anyone to go into hell and he gave us a way out (Mohammad). Allah wants all of us to be in paradise.

……………………………………….. The CHOICE is yours.........djhall

EDIT: I know you were a drinker and promiscuous and survived things you shouldn't have, and through that experience you came to know god, and you find that a very moving story. However, I would ask you to consider whether you, or many of your fellow believers, are convinced enough that you are willing to not only go through the rather normal process of growing up and maturing, but to actually put your life where your beliefs are and take a one-way express ticket to heaven? Surely the example of the many believers that gladly strap on a suicide vest and give their very lives to Allah with his name on their lips are more of a testament to the glory of god than you and your friends who are willing to give up fighting and hangovers and one-night stands in their middle to old ages?

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
[+] 5 users Like djhall's post
12-05-2014, 01:56 PM
(12-05-2014 08:35 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Didn't God tell Jesus he was going to die and be resurrected?

Maybe I am wrong, but if that's the case then it wasn't a prediction made by Jesus but rather the relaying of information.

This reminds me of an episode of Mr. Deity.Big Grin
12-05-2014, 04:38 PM
(12-05-2014 12:58 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Why should anyone be happy about Christianity? If God exists, everyone will most certainly go to hell.

You just gotta read the fine print and find a loophole. And there's always a loophole. My read of the Gospels is not some Holy Scripture to be worshiped but rather that of an instructional manual to being God. Not much different than the Buddha's Noble 8-fold Path. Or the Kama Sutra. Jesus was a bodhisattva.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-05-2014, 05:05 PM
(12-05-2014 04:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 12:58 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Why should anyone be happy about Christianity? If God exists, everyone will most certainly go to hell.

You just gotta read the fine print and find a loophole. And there's always a loophole. My read of the Gospels is not some Holy Scripture to be worshiped but rather that of an instructional manual to being God. Not much different than the Buddha's Noble 8-fold Path. Or the Kama Sutra. Jesus was a bodhisattva.

Never thought of this perspective. GIVE THIS MOTHERFUCKER A COOKIE!

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-05-2014, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 05:55 PM by djhall.)
(12-05-2014 04:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

My backup loophole is Mormonism. They believe if you get misled by the world and science and such, but you make a good faith effort to make the right choice and live a good life, then you get a lesser heaven with a physical body on earth, and if you don't qualify for that, unless you were really, really, willfully bad you go to a "temporary hell" where you are still preached to and given a final chance to repent and accept god.

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
[+] 1 user Likes djhall's post
12-05-2014, 05:23 PM
(12-05-2014 12:51 PM)John Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 11:28 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Still wondering...anyone have an answer? It doesn't have to be from Skippy since he has ignored this any way.

Jesus predicts his death and resurrection in all the canonical gospels in more or less explicit terms, but I don't think that God anywhere informs a previously ignorant Jesus about all that. Here's one of the more clear-cut predictions:

Matthew 20:17-19 (NIV)
Now Jesus was going up to Jerusalem. On the way, he took the Twelve aside and said to them, “We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!”

But it's not exactly clear how Jesus is supposed to have known this, it depends on your epistemology within your Christology, and we all know the fine tradition of unanimous agreement within Christianity over those issues.

No wonder I left the church...too many riddles.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post