it's your choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 08:49 PM
RE: it's your choice
(12-05-2014 01:40 PM)djhall Wrote:  Since Raphael1 was kind enough to try to save us, I suppose we should do the same for him. Obviously Raphael simply stopped reading too soon. However, I'm sure the following will be quite convincing:

“Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allâh is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no god but Allâh. And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.” 5:73

They do blaspheme who say: "God is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship God, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with God (innahu man yushrik biAllahi),- God will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help. S. 5:72

They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them. S. 5:73

All you've got to do is acknowledge your sinful state and ask Allah to forgive you and save you. He WILL, and if I am right, and I know that I am, then you will spend eternity in anguish and pain in hell. I am sorry… Allah does not want anyone to go into hell and he gave us a way out (Mohammad). Allah wants all of us to be in paradise.

……………………………………….. The CHOICE is yours.........djhall

EDIT: I know you were a drinker and promiscuous and survived things you shouldn't have, and through that experience you came to know god, and you find that a very moving story. However, I would ask you to consider whether you, or many of your fellow believers, are convinced enough that you are willing to not only go through the rather normal process of growing up and maturing, but to actually put your life where your beliefs are and take a one-way express ticket to heaven? Surely the example of the many believers that gladly strap on a suicide vest and give their very lives to Allah with his name on their lips are more of a testament to the glory of god than you and your friends who are willing to give up fighting and hangovers and one-night stands in their middle to old ages?
Are you saying that demented people that strap on explosives and blow up
innocent men women & children are glorifying God???..Raphael1
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2014, 08:52 PM
(12-05-2014 08:49 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 01:40 PM)djhall Wrote:  Since Raphael1 was kind enough to try to save us, I suppose we should do the same for him. Obviously Raphael simply stopped reading too soon. However, I'm sure the following will be quite convincing:

“Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allâh is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no god but Allâh. And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.” 5:73

They do blaspheme who say: "God is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship God, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with God (innahu man yushrik biAllahi),- God will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help. S. 5:72

They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them. S. 5:73

All you've got to do is acknowledge your sinful state and ask Allah to forgive you and save you. He WILL, and if I am right, and I know that I am, then you will spend eternity in anguish and pain in hell. I am sorry… Allah does not want anyone to go into hell and he gave us a way out (Mohammad). Allah wants all of us to be in paradise.

EDIT: I know you were a drinker and promiscuous and survived things you shouldn't have, and through that experience you came to know god, and you find that a very moving story. However, I would ask you to consider whether you, or many of your fellow believers, are convinced enough that you are willing to not only go through the rather normal process of growing up and maturing, but to actually put your life where your beliefs are and take a one-way express ticket to heaven? Surely the example of the many believers that gladly strap on a suicide vest and give their very lives to Allah with his name on their lips are more of a testament to the glory of god than you and your friends who are willing to give up fighting and hangovers and one-night stands in their middle to old ages?

They think so.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-05-2014, 08:53 PM

Are you saying that armies that rape and murder entire cities of innocent men, women, and children are glorifying god???

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
12-05-2014, 08:55 PM

You did know Allahu Akbar means "god is great," right?

You also have failed to answer any of my questions.

[Image: giphy.gif]
12-05-2014, 09:02 PM
(12-05-2014 08:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 08:49 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Are you saying that demented people that strap on explosives and blow up

They think so.

Bingo. They believe so... they really, really believe. That doesn't convince you much, does it? So why do you come in here and spin your personal stories of how you found god and changed your life so you really believe it is true. If you and I don't believe them, despite them believing enough to blow themselves up for it, why do you expect anyone to believe you just because you gave up drinking and sleeping around as you grew up? That isn't even a good story. Most people do that anyway.

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
[+] 3 users Like djhall's post
12-05-2014, 09:05 PM
(12-05-2014 08:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 08:49 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Are you saying that demented people that strap on explosives and blow up

They think so.
What do you think?..Raphael1
12-05-2014, 09:08 PM
(12-05-2014 09:05 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 08:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They think so.
What do you think?..Raphael1

There is no god to glorify, so it's just delusional thinking.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-05-2014, 09:11 PM
(12-05-2014 11:01 AM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 05:00 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Thanks again for your response and again sorry to be so long getting back to you. My family and I have been out all day hiking to celebrate Mother's Day.

I understand what you are saying and I can't tell you how many people have told me of having a similar experience. I certainly wouldn't deny that you have had these experiences and that they meant a great deal to you.

But not having had them myself here's what I find difficult to understand. Lots of people have experiences like that and they attribute them to another god or to another supernatural explanation. Here is what I don't get: How can anyone ever be certain that these feelings they have are the result of a god intervening in subtle ways in their lives and not just their subjective feelings and a strong need to believe that there is a higher power out there that is in control?
Be careful of who, and how you seek. Feelings can be dangerous. The devil can
put feelings on people too. Feelings with bad results.
I spent time reading the bible and talking to God. you talk to God like you
talk to a person...he is. You pray. Ps:25:4,5
show me your ways,O Lord; teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truths and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation;
on you I wait all the day.....Raphael1

I never had an invisible friend I talked to. My little brother did though. We humored him at first. I suppose you believe in the Easter Rabbit also ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-05-2014, 09:41 PM
(12-05-2014 11:01 AM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Be careful of who, and how you seek. Feelings can be dangerous. The devil can
put feelings on people too. Feelings with bad results.
I spent time reading the bible and talking to God. you talk to God like you
talk to a person...he is. You pray. Ps:25:4,5
show me your ways,O Lord; teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truths and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation;
on you I wait all the day.....Raphael1

But I am asking you how you could ever know it was god talking to you and not your own subjective feelings originating in your own brain. A lot of people have spent time reading other religious texts and speaking to other gods and they would tell you that they are 100% sure that they are right and you are wrong. I mean I knew a woman that was in much the same situation that you described. When she was younger she was doing a lot of drugs and she was sleeping around and felt lost. She was searching for answers and she found them in the book of Mormon. She felt that god was speaking to her through the book and she got a lot of comfort from the fact that the Mormon church teaches that she will get to be with her family in heaven after she dies.

I'm not an expert on the Bible and The Book of Mormon but a lot of Christians think that The Book of Mormon is false prophesy. Yet she feels deeply in her heart that the world makes more sense after becoming a Mormon. Who's right, the Christians or the Mormons? One of them has got to be wrong, right? How do you know the Book of Mormon isn't the real truth and that you haven't been lead astray by reading the Bible if feelings are all you have to go by?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
12-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Why is this nonsence still going on?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]