it's your choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 11:41 PM
RE: it's your choice
(12-05-2014 09:41 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  How do you know the Book of Mormon isn't the real truth and that you haven't been lead astray by reading the Bible if feelings are all you have to go by?

He knows because he knows. This is the definition of faith. You will note the pleasing circularity. God loves circular things, that's why planets go in ellipses. Circular logic honours Him.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
12-05-2014, 11:55 PM
(12-05-2014 08:17 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 11:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Satan dealt Job a blow or two!

Smartass

But he was only following orders.

And the story had a happy ending.

satan thru Hitler started ww2 and 93million people were killed..
satan thru stalin killed 20million of his own people
satan thru mao tse tung killed many millions of Chinese during his revolution
as did his predecessor chaing kai chek
there are a lot more, I don't have the time right now...Raphael1
Except that Hitler was a Catholic who pursued a purely Catholic racist agenda in his attempt to rid the world of "the race that murdered Jeebus", so there's that....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
12-05-2014, 11:59 PM
(12-05-2014 11:55 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  satan thru Hitler started ww2 and 93million people were killed..

Ok then, so none of the people where actualy responsible for what they did and Göring, Keitel, Bormann, Frick, Jodel, Keitel and all the others should have actualy been aquited during the Nürnber trial?

You have really sick and twisted views on responsibility then.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 8 users Like The Germans are coming's post
13-05-2014, 01:53 AM
(12-05-2014 08:17 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  satan thru Hitler started ww2 and 93million people were killed..

How did he manage this?

Why did he do this?

What is the simplest explanation?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
13-05-2014, 02:50 AM
[Image: aVSVQ.png]

Pascal's true wager.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
13-05-2014, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2014 04:15 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(10-05-2014 12:53 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Atheist,

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:
If you are right, and there is no God, then we all just cease to exist at our death and what we do does not really make any difference. Except I KNOW that I have attempted in my life to always do the right thing, not always successfully but my effort is still there.

Now on the other hand, if I am right and I KNOW that I am, then at my death, I will go to heaven not because I am such a good person (I’m not) but because God so loved the world (you and me) that He gave His only begotten son (Jesus) that whosoever (you and me) believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (heaven). John 3:16

Jesus said “I am the way, the truth and the life; NOBODY comes to the Father but by me.”

All we’ve got to do is acknowledge our sinful state and ask Him to forgive us and save us. He WILL and if I am right, and I know that I am, then you will spend eternity in anguish and pain in hell. I am sorry…God does not want anyone to go into hell and he gave us a way out (Jesus). God wants all of us to be in heaven with Him.
……………………………………….. The CHOICE is yours.........Raphael1

God's Perfect Plan? Hardly...

20. With that established, be sure to refrain from making it clear and knowable to the rest of the world that these events actually took place, ensure that no cognitive being after the first century has the luxury of witnessing your son who is also you say or do anything to indicate he was a living guy. Again, make sure that all of this occurs before advancements in science and technology are available to verify for those who aren't present.

21. Arrange so that the only surviving record of these events will be offered anonymously by non-eye witness’s translated to a language different from the one you/ your son will speak written no earlier than thirty years after you/your son preformed these miracles and makes these clams, however do make sure that these records feature the precept that believing in something without evidence is morally superior to investigation and verification.

22. Be sure that after only a few decades the only accounts of these events in existence are copies of copies of copies which will be verifiably altered and added to in historically and theologically significant ways from generation to generation, sect to sect. Do not preserve the original copies of these accounts, do not protect them from revision, do not set in place any mechanism of protecting them from being interpreted in hundreds upon hundreds of ways most of which being heretical and therefore punishable.

23. Do not bother to employ your omniscience in such a way as to discern which of these cognitive beings are truly rebelling, and which simply don’t know how to distinguish you from other versions of god which do not in fact exist.

24. Do not make it clear to these beings that you are are even here. Allow for your very existence to remain an easily debatable, easily questionable, easily doubtable proposition, allow billions and billions of souls to be unthinkably tortured for all of eternity regardless of their character, integrity, bravery, responsibility or conduct because they had not correctly assumed that the right set of propositions were true by the time their lives on earth were over.

25. And finally… when all is said and done demand that you be praised for this plan.

Yeah, if you're the best evidence your god can contrive in an effort to convince us of the truth of your belief, then he is an impotent god indeed. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-05-2014, 03:26 AM
(13-05-2014 01:53 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 08:17 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  satan thru Hitler started ww2 and 93million people were killed..

How did he manage this?

Why did he do this?

Do you think that now would be a good time to bring up the fact that we have better evidence for there being actual witches in Salem Massachusetts than we do for the existence of Jesus, let alone any of his supposed miracles?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-05-2014, 04:36 AM
(13-05-2014 01:53 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  

How did he manage this?

Why did he do this?

Look man, S'tan has his hands in many pots, okay? It's just his thing, you know? It's best to not put the guy on the spot like that. He gets upset when people question his thing.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
13-05-2014, 04:42 AM
(12-05-2014 07:33 AM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 12:54 AM)Dee Wrote:  I work in a Christian charged atmosphere. And most of the people I work with dislike me because I am atheist. My boss however actively dislikes me. I get a very real sense that she loves the idea I will suffer eternity in hell. That is so sadistic!

I believe raphael1 is very much like my boss, satisfied with us all going to hell in his sadistic little heart. And I believe our hell-bound position validates who he believes he is--Christian.

Don't you get the sense he is "brushing the dirt off his hands," so to speak?
If I was satisfied that all of you were going to hell, I would not be here,
enduring this verbal abuse while trying to win a few.

Instead of assuming that your boss doesn't like you cause you are an atheist,
why don't you ask her why she doesn't like you. You might be surprised.

My boss does not like me because I am atheist and she is an idiot. She said, "to me you cannot be other than antichrist and my personal enemy if you do not believe in the existence of God." I did my homework before I spoke Big Grin .

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 3 users Like Dee's post
13-05-2014, 06:40 AM
(12-05-2014 11:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 09:41 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  How do you know the Book of Mormon isn't the real truth and that you haven't been lead astray by reading the Bible if feelings are all you have to go by?

He knows because he knows. This is the definition of faith. You will note the pleasing circularity. God loves circular things, that's why planets go in ellipses. Circular logic honours Him.

Yeah. I have asked and asked the question for years and I have never gotten a cogent answer. One can use circular logic to prove anything. Every religion throughout history has relied on faith and I'm sure that Raphael would tell me that every one of them is wrong even though they have the same things to say that he does, that they feel it deep in their heart that their particular faith is true. So as a way of knowing faith is completely unreliable.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick