it's your choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2014, 09:18 AM
RE: it's your choice
(14-05-2014 07:56 AM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 11:55 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Except that Hitler was a Catholic who pursued a purely Catholic racist agenda in his attempt to rid the world of "the race that murdered Jeebus", so there's that....

Hitler was a catholic in name only, NOT in action. The bible says
"do not commit murder" and yet he ignored that and murdered millions.
Satan did influence Hitler & the others but they also had a free will "choice"
to do good or evil & they choose evil.
Laughat

This is HILARIOUS to me. Do you understand the Catholic church? The Catholic church was VERY anti-Semitic until VERY VERY recently. I remember hearing old sermons when I was a kid that were pretty derogatory towards Jews. Hell, it wasn't that long ago that the church admitted there even WAS a holocaust. Maybe 20 years? MAYBE?

Hitler WAS Catholic in the very true sense of the word, and he followed the teachings of the Catholic church to the letter. His actions at the time might not have been endorsed by the church, but the church didn't condemn him for it. In fact, IIRC, he had the support of the church throughout his term in office, an embarrassment to the church today.

BTW, the commandment that you are spouting means "thou shalt not kill ANOTHER OF YOUR RELIGION." It has no bearing on those of other faiths. Moses was fairly explicit in that too. Read Exodus if you don't believe me. Or Numbers. Or Dueteronomy. Or Leviticus.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like natachan's post
15-05-2014, 09:47 AM
(15-05-2014 09:18 AM)natachan Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 07:56 AM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Hitler was a catholic in name only, NOT in action. The bible says
"do not commit murder" and yet he ignored that and murdered millions.
Satan did influence Hitler & the others but they also had a free will "choice"
to do good or evil & they choose evil.
Laughat

This is HILARIOUS to me. Do you understand the Catholic church? The Catholic church was VERY anti-Semitic until VERY VERY recently. I remember hearing old sermons when I was a kid that were pretty derogatory towards Jews. Hell, it wasn't that long ago that the church admitted there even WAS a holocaust. Maybe 20 years? MAYBE?

Hitler WAS Catholic in the very true sense of the word, and he followed the teachings of the Catholic church to the letter. His actions at the time might not have been endorsed by the church, but the church didn't condemn him for it. In fact, IIRC, he had the support of the church throughout his term in office, an embarrassment to the church today.

BTW, the commandment that you are spouting means "thou shalt not kill ANOTHER OF YOUR RELIGION." It has no bearing on those of other faiths. Moses was fairly explicit in that too. Read Exodus if you don't believe me. Or Numbers. Or Dueteronomy. Or Leviticus.

Let's not forget to point out the Crusades and Inquisition... and the Catholic-on-Protestant wars...

Slaying people is one of the Catholic Church's favourite past times. Right along side diddling kiddies, hiding people wanted for crimes against humanity and supporting fascist dictatorships.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
15-05-2014, 09:51 AM
(15-05-2014 09:47 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 09:18 AM)natachan Wrote:  Laughat

Let's not forget to point out the Crusades and Inquisition... and the Catholic-on-Protestant wars...

Slaying people is one of the Catholic Church's favourite past times. Right along side diddling kiddies, hiding people wanted for crimes against humanity and supporting fascist dictatorships.

well remember Fascism is just far right Catholic politics in action.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-05-2014, 09:53 AM
(15-05-2014 09:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 09:47 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Let's not forget to point out the Crusades and Inquisition... and the Catholic-on-Protestant wars...

well remember Fascism is just far right Catholic politics in action.

Except with slightly less sponsored dissenter-murdering.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
15-05-2014, 10:11 AM
(15-05-2014 09:47 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Let's not forget to point out the Crusades and Inquisition... and the Catholic-on-Protestant wars...

Also, lets not forget the numerous times the church made up stories about Jews desecrating the host so they could execute them. Their story didn't even make sense. Why would Jews go through the trouble if they didn't believe the Eucharist was anything special?

Your whole "in name only" argument against Hitler doesn't really hold up, Raphael. Not unless you want to accuse the Catholic Church of being Catholic in name only.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
15-05-2014, 10:14 AM
(15-05-2014 09:18 AM)natachan Wrote:  BTW, the commandment that you are spouting means "thou shalt not kill ANOTHER OF YOUR RELIGION." It has no bearing on those of other faiths. Moses was fairly explicit in that too. Read Exodus if you don't believe me. Or Numbers. Or Dueteronomy. Or Leviticus.

Yes, Infidel is used throughout Abrahamic texts... usually in a context associated with entities to be dispatched.

infidel
noun chiefly archaic
a person who does not believe in religion or who adheres to a religion other than one's own
adjective
adhering to a religion other than one's own

Interesting to note; Islam rightly calls all who are not of Islam, infidel.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Re: RE: it's your choice
(14-05-2014 09:37 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Would you CHOOSE and FORCE a child to live like this?

I would like to use this at some time on CFS when an appropriate time arises if you don't mind? I struggle to make a point as well as this so I have to resort plagiarism.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2014, 10:54 AM
(15-05-2014 10:48 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 09:37 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Would you CHOOSE and FORCE a child to live like this?

I would like to use this at some time on CFS when an appropriate time arises if you don't mind? I struggle to make a point as well as this so I have to resort plagiarism.

go for it…..

what's CFS?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
15-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Re: RE: it's your choice
(15-05-2014 10:54 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 10:48 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  I would like to use this at some time on CFS when an appropriate time arises if you don't mind? I struggle to make a point as well as this so I have to resort plagiarism.

go for it…..

what's CFS?

Christian Forum site.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TubbyTubby's post
15-05-2014, 07:11 PM
(14-05-2014 09:04 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 08:32 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  We don't need to propose a devil in order to explain evil actions by Humans. Humans are beings who possess volitional consciousness. They can choose to do good or to do evil all on their own without help from a supernatural influence.

Hitler was evil and did the things he did because he abandoned reason and acted on his feelings. He believed, irrationally, in this idea of a perfect race of Humans that could be achieved if only everyone would just sacrifice their own lives and plans in order to achieve his master plan, much like the god of the Bible. Those who he saw as standing in the way of that plan had to die. In the end, as with all irrational beliefs, it all came crashing down in ruins. Communism and fascism and Islamic societies all fail precisely because they are faith based systems. They can not be justified by reason.

I'd like to add Raphael, that you yourself said that feelings are dangerous. I agree with you. When one acts on their feelings instead of reason and logic, even if
one doesn't do evil to others like Hitler did, one does evil to themselves because acting on faith is a break from reality and an abdication of reason, man's only way of coming to true conclusions about the world. Will you agree with me that faith is not a means of coming to a true knowledge of reality?

Scotsman, It depends on what/who you put your faith in. Hitler used reason & logic. Evil reason & logic. If you could ask him he could supply you with his
reason backed up with his logic. Reason & logic are only as good as the motives of
the people devising them.
Good reason & logic are very important but we need to leave room for the
unexplainable. That is where faith comes in.
I want to thank you for your rational arguments. Many of the responses
I have received were laced with juvenile vulgarity.
I wont be posting for awhile as the snow is melting out of the mountains and
we are going to spend a lot of time up there...God bless...Raphael1