it's your choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 03:00 PM
RE: it's your choice
(10-05-2014 02:12 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/descar...tological/

"Which god?"

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Losty's post
10-05-2014, 03:08 PM
To sum up the OP, some kid comes along not with the intention of convincing atheists that they are wrong so they can be saved but basically to tell them that they are going to endure ever lasting agony so he can feel both smug about himself and pleased that he is exploiting people's natural fear of being wrong. It's nothing more than playground bullying.

Of course if he stays we all know that he'll get torn apart, become angry and defensive and then flounce because we've seen it so many times before. He probably won't be back. Bullies are cowards at heart.

If he wasn't a pathetic person who enjoys the idea of sadistic acts being done to good people then I'd feel sorry for him wasting his life, spare time and 10% of his wages on a bronze age fantasy.

He's probably the rare type of person that actually needs Christianity because he is incapable of exercising his own moral judgements.
[+] 6 users Like Mathilda's post
10-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Raaaagh I am an atheist. I am so angry. Raaaagh. Angry Angry Angry
[+] 4 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
10-05-2014, 03:16 PM
(10-05-2014 02:49 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:47 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  You do.

Thought so.

You don't deserve to go to Hell.
10-05-2014, 03:27 PM
(10-05-2014 12:53 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Atheist,

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:
If you are right, and there is no God, then we all just cease to exist at our death and what we do does not really make any difference. Except I KNOW that I have attempted in my life to always do the right thing, not always successfully but my effort is still there.

Now on the other hand, if I am right and I KNOW that I am, then at my death, I will go to heaven not because I am such a good person (I’m not) but because God so loved the world (you and me) that He gave His only begotten son (Jesus) that whosoever (you and me) believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (heaven). John 3:16

Jesus said “I am the way, the truth and the life; NOBODY comes to the Father but by me.”

All we’ve got to do is acknowledge our sinful state and ask Him to forgive us and save us. He WILL and if I am right, and I know that I am, then you will spend eternity in anguish and pain in hell. I am sorry…God does not want anyone to go into hell and he gave us a way out (Jesus). God wants all of us to be in heaven with Him.
……………………………………….. The CHOICE is yours.........Raphael1

[Image: 81qv7.png]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 11 users Like Crulax's post
10-05-2014, 04:23 PM
(10-05-2014 02:49 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:47 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  You do.

Thought so.

No, you don't deserve to go to hell. And no one here has the authority or the right to say you do.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Welcome. Here is your welcome seal.

[Image: Great-Breach.jpg]

Yours gets to be shark lunch because of your stupid start. Try again and I will give you a not eaten one.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 16 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
10-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Raphael, the ninja theist...his mission was complete, though not effective, with his first and only post.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBOsR0SxpPA59PsE0J6m7...UoN26p4ma6]

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
10-05-2014, 07:26 PM
(10-05-2014 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:49 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Thought so.

No, you don't deserve to go to hell. And no one here has the authority or the right to say you do.

Everybody deserves to go to hell, none of us are perfect. We all have our own
demons to deal with. Me, you , all of us. We are flawed humans in a fallen state.
That is why the son of God, Jesus, came to earth to allow evil people to
shed his blood & kill him to pay the atonement for our sins, past, present
& future. all we gotta do is believe & ask him to forgive us.
God has done this because he loves us, all of us....Raphael1
10-05-2014, 07:31 PM
(10-05-2014 02:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  "If I am right, and I know that I am"...

Well but I know that you're not. So... you do your God thing and I'll do my not-wasting-my-time-listening-to-idiots-in-church-on-Sundays and we'll see who's got the better life at the end of it Smile Ready, set, go!

I know that I am. Its all about choice...your choice, and if that is it then so be it.