it's your choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2014, 07:20 PM
RE: it's your choice
(15-05-2014 07:11 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Good reason & logic are very important but we need to leave room for the
unexplainable. That is where faith comes in.

Oops, I'm sure you meant to say: That is where we need to reserve judgement.

Enjoy the mountains! Thumbsup

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
15-05-2014, 10:20 PM
The blood of the Lord Jesus Christ has saved us all. Don't matter what you believe or what you do, your ass is going to Heaven. So saith The Word.Tongue

#sigh
16-05-2014, 09:27 AM
HEY EVERYONE! I have an idea. I read the whole thread and realized that everything Raphael has said has been refuted and he has limited himself to answer only those questions where he thinks he's got a good point. How about we all stop replying with arguments and start replying with ONE QUESTION? I mean the same question for all, let's agree on one question so he has no choice but to answer or to stop trolling. It will be like trolling back,.

if he replys with anything that's not the answer we don't follow his game, we stick to our question until it is answered.

I know this sounds hard to accomplish but what the hell! Nothing ever works with these loonies so why not try a different approach?

anyone with me? 1, 2?

I'd ask for evidence of any kind and nothing but evidence.

adios amigos!

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
[+] 2 users Like netninja's post
16-05-2014, 04:16 PM
(16-05-2014 09:27 AM)netninja Wrote:  HEY EVERYONE! I have an idea. I read the whole thread and realized that everything Raphael has said has been refuted and he has limited himself to answer only those questions where he thinks he's got a good point. How about we all stop replying with arguments and start replying with ONE QUESTION? I mean the same question for all, let's agree on one question so he has no choice but to answer or to stop trolling. It will be like trolling back,.

if he replys with anything that's not the answer we don't follow his game, we stick to our question until it is answered.

I know this sounds hard to accomplish but what the hell! Nothing ever works with these loonies so why not try a different approach?

anyone with me? 1, 2?

adios amigos!

We already tried that.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Perhaps just didn't try long enough.

After all, it doesn't even follow to continue on to another question if the previous one is still dangling there.

Jeremy needs to answer one question at a time as well. Too much leaping to the next one.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
16-05-2014, 04:25 PM
(16-05-2014 04:18 PM)Charis Wrote:  Perhaps just didn't try long enough.

After all, it doesn't even follow to continue on to another question if the previous one is still dangling there.

Jeremy needs to answer one question at a time as well. Too much leaping to the next one.

The trolls are boring if we don't play with them!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
16-05-2014, 11:04 PM
(16-05-2014 09:27 AM)netninja Wrote:  HEY EVERYONE! I have an idea. I read the whole thread and realized that everything Raphael has said has been refuted and he has limited himself to answer only those questions where he thinks he's got a good point. How about we all stop replying with arguments and start replying with ONE QUESTION? I mean the same question for all, let's agree on one question so he has no choice but to answer or to stop trolling. It will be like trolling back,.

anyone with me? 1, 2?

adios amigos!

So what's the one question?

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
18-05-2014, 03:04 AM
(15-05-2014 07:11 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 09:04 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  I'd like to add Raphael, that you yourself said that feelings are dangerous. I agree with you. When one acts on their feelings instead of reason and logic, even if
one doesn't do evil to others like Hitler did, one does evil to themselves because acting on faith is a break from reality and an abdication of reason, man's only way of coming to true conclusions about the world. Will you agree with me that faith is not a means of coming to a true knowledge of reality?

Scotsman, It depends on what/who you put your faith in. Hitler used reason & logic. Evil reason & logic. If you could ask him he could supply you with his
reason backed up with his logic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

You wouldn't know reason or logic if they bent you over and fucked you in the ass with a jackhammer.

Quote:Reason & logic are only as good as the motives of
the people devising them.

WRONG. DEAD wrong.

Quote: Good reason & logic are very important but we need to leave room for the
unexplainable. That is where faith comes in.

BULLSHIT. "FAITH" is only as "good" as the motives of the people pandering it.

Quote: I want to thank you for your rational arguments. Many of the responses
I have received were laced with juvenile vulgarity.

Far better than the juvenile idiocy YOU offer.

Quote: I wont be posting for awhile blah blah blah...

GOOD. Fuck off and never come back.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
22-05-2014, 04:58 AM
(10-05-2014 07:39 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Everlasting life????? I can't think of a more dreadful, awful, horrendous thing to do than live forever. Everlasting life is the very thing that that turns me off of religion. Religious people are just scared shitless to die. Bunch of weenies.

I am not afraid to die. I have faced my death many times but it wasn't my time
to go. Everlasting life in the presence of God in heaven will be "perfect"
no sickness, no sadness, beauty, peace, no fear, overwhelming sense of love.
like I said...its your choice, if you want it you can have it....raphael1

Have you ever considered that if hell exists, than heaven cannot?

How could you be happy knowing one of your friends or loved ones is burning? If you say yes, you are a sick person.

Second, here is your religion two sentences. God created man knowing full well how it would turn out. He proceeded anyway and ultimately sent his son, which is really just himself to earth to sacrifice himself, to himself, to save us from himself. Nice guy, right?

God had ample opportunity to make belief in him as innate as hunger or thirst. Yet, belief is NOT a choice. You don't choose what you believe.

Third, he chose to give ZERO evidence of his existence. The bible isn't evidence. If a book is evidence, then why isn't the Koran evidence of Allah?

So, to sum up, a terrorist will go to heaven simply because he believes while I will burn in hell simply because I don't. Doesn't matter how many lives I save, or how much I care for my neighbor. He gave birth to us and literally abandoned us in the wild - what kind of father would do that? One that CPS should put in jail.

God's system is capricious. And nasty. And he is an asshole. And I want no part of it of an eternity eating the shit outta his butthole.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 5 users Like Cathym112's post
22-05-2014, 09:38 AM
(10-05-2014 07:39 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Everlasting life????? I can't think of a more dreadful, awful, horrendous thing to do than live forever. Everlasting life is the very thing that that turns me off of religion. Religious people are just scared shitless to die. Bunch of weenies.

I am not afraid to die. I have faced my death many times but it wasn't my time
to go. Everlasting life in the presence of God in heaven will be "perfect"
no sickness, no sadness, beauty, peace, no fear, overwhelming sense of love.
like I said...its your choice, if you want it you can have it....raphael1

Everlasting life for gazillions-trillion years? Nope. That's pure hell. Total perfection for eternity? Nope. That's pure hell too. Overwhelming sense of love for eternity? Nope. Pure hell. No sadness, everything always beautiful and peaceful? Boring, dull, unadulterated, no holds barred and absolute hell.

Everything comes to an end. Except it. It's a good thing for life to end it makes this one and only life we have far, far more precious. But religious people's egos can't quite believe that the human animal isn't the center on the universe. Human ego is truly off the charts regarding mortality and has created myths, gods, dogma, rules, and creeds that emotionally blackmail people into believing nonsense.

It's stupid. It's total crap. Take your Steven King-ish, monstrous, imaginary deity character from your violent book of murder and myth and go somewhere else. Thank you.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.