it's your choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 07:31 PM
RE: it's your choice
(10-05-2014 07:26 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  No, you don't deserve to go to hell. And no one here has the authority or the right to say you do.

Everybody deserves to go to hell, none of us are perfect. We all have our own
demons to deal with. Me, you , all of us. We are flawed humans in a fallen state.
That is why the son of God, Jesus, came to earth to allow evil people to
shed his blood & kill him to pay the atonement for our sins, past, present
& future. all we gotta do is believe & ask him to forgive us.
God has done this because he loves us, all of us....Raphael1

Pics or it didn't happen Drinking Beverage

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Losty's post
10-05-2014, 07:39 PM
(10-05-2014 02:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 12:53 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Atheist,

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:
If you are right, and there is no God, then we all just cease to exist at our death and what we do does not really make any difference. Except I KNOW that I have attempted in my life to always do the right thing, not always successfully but my effort is still there.

Now on the other hand, if I am right and I KNOW that I am, then at my death, I will go to heaven not because I am such a good person (I’m not) but because God so loved the world (you and me) that He gave His only begotten son (Jesus) that whosoever (you and me) believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (heaven). John 3:16

Jesus said “I am the way, the truth and the life; NOBODY comes to the Father but by me.”

All we’ve got to do is acknowledge our sinful state and ask Him to forgive us and save us. He WILL and if I am right, and I know that I am, then you will spend eternity in anguish and pain in hell. I am sorry…God does not want anyone to go into hell and he gave us a way out (Jesus). God wants all of us to be in heaven with Him.
……………………………………….. The CHOICE is yours.........Raphael1

Everlasting life????? I can't think of a more dreadful, awful, horrendous thing to do than live forever. Everlasting life is the very thing that that turns me off of religion. Religious people are just scared shitless to die. Bunch of weenies.

I am not afraid to die. I have faced my death many times but it wasn't my time
to go. Everlasting life in the presence of God in heaven will be "perfect"
no sickness, no sadness, beauty, peace, no fear, overwhelming sense of love.
like I said...its your choice, if you want it you can have it....raphael1
10-05-2014, 07:45 PM
(10-05-2014 07:26 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  No, you don't deserve to go to hell. And no one here has the authority or the right to say you do.

Everybody deserves to go to hell, none of us are perfect. We all have our own
demons to deal with. Me, you , all of us. We are flawed humans in a fallen state.
That is why the son of God, Jesus, came to earth to allow evil people to
shed his blood & kill him to pay the atonement for our sins, past, present
& future. all we gotta do is believe & ask him to forgive us.
God has done this because he loves us, all of us....Raphael1

[Image: a8258717-fde2-4fde-953c-ea4427a627e6_zps9fe653b0.jpg]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
10-05-2014, 07:48 PM
(10-05-2014 07:31 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  "If I am right, and I know that I am"...

Well but I know that you're not. So... you do your God thing and I'll do my not-wasting-my-time-listening-to-idiots-in-church-on-Sundays and we'll see who's got the better life at the end of it Smile Ready, set, go!

I know that I am. Its all about choice...your choice, and if that is it then so be it.

If you don't have evidence that you are right you can kindly GTFO!!!

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
10-05-2014, 07:54 PM

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:
If you are right, and there is no God, then we all just cease to exist at our death and what we do does not really make any difference. Except I KNOW that I have attempted in my life to always do the right thing, not always successfully but my effort is still there.

Now on the other hand, if I am right and I KNOW that I am, then at my death, I will go to heaven not because I am such a good person (I’m not) but because God so loved the world (you and me) that He gave His only begotten son (Jesus) that whosoever (you and me) believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (heaven). John 3:16

Jesus said “I am the way, the truth and the life; NOBODY comes to the Father but by me.”

All we’ve got to do is acknowledge our sinful state and ask Him to forgive us and save us. He WILL and if I am right, and I know that I am, then you will spend eternity in anguish and pain in hell. I am sorry…God does not want anyone to go into hell and he gave us a way out (Jesus). God wants all of us to be in heaven with Him.

Yes, yes, I'm sure you do indeed think that you do 'KNOW'. Tell me; how do you know? How did you arrive at this knowledge? What evidence supports the conclusion?

Also, if your god doesn't want people to go to hell, why'd he create it in the first place? Wouldn't it be easy to simply magic the evil out of people at death and plop them in heaven? Not that I want to go to heaven once I die, mind. I am absolutely fine with dying and simply not existing any more.

If you will entertain another question, tell me: Do you know how and why humans value things?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-05-2014, 07:56 PM
I must say I was beginning to get worried we haven't had someone join the forum and start condemning us to hell in awhile.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 13 users Like Crulax's post
10-05-2014, 07:59 PM
(10-05-2014 02:30 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  

I am a Christian.

Let’s look at this:

On a more serious note, what's your story? Are you an adult? Child? Adolescent? Poe? Somehow the latter seems more likely considering this forum's usual visitors...
I am 62 years old, male, American.
10-05-2014, 08:02 PM
(10-05-2014 07:56 PM)Crulax Wrote:  I must say I was beginning to get worried we haven't had someone join the forum and start condemning us to hell in awhile.
Yeah, it's boring when every body just agrees with you but actually I can't
condemn you to hell, only you can do it to yourself...Raphael1
10-05-2014, 08:04 PM
(10-05-2014 07:59 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:30 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  On a more serious note, what's your story? Are you an adult? Child? Adolescent? Poe? Somehow the latter seems more likely considering this forum's usual visitors...
I am 62 years old, male, American.

[Image: tumblr_lpitzrb5mp1qj41h3o4_500.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 4 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
10-05-2014, 08:06 PM
(10-05-2014 07:48 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 07:31 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  I know that I am. Its all about choice...your choice, and if that is it then so be it.

If you don't have evidence that you are right you can kindly GTFO!!!
O.K. this is cool, lets go with this...what evidence do you have that I'm wrong
.....Raphael1