Are you going to answer me Raphael1?
Don't ignore me, that's rude.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
10-05-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: it's your choice
(10-05-2014 08:51 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 08:49 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  you feel the wind but you can't see it. you take a deep breath of our atmosphere and you can't see it either, does that mean that it does not exist??..Raphael

[Image: e9b91b0455ecc9c28867d0a6f6a88389-747232257.gif]

Pics. It happened. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
10-05-2014, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 09:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-05-2014 12:53 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  Let’s look at this:
If you are right, and there is no God, then we all just cease to exist at our death and what we do does not really make any difference. Except I KNOW that I have attempted in my life to always do the right thing, not always successfully but my effort is still there.

Your effort is your reward. Yay verily I say unto you brother, I have sucked the marrow out of The Word and the Holy Spirit has infused my flesh and bone with it. And The Word is: Don't be a dick, save yourself save the world. No bullshit promise of some eternal reward required. Be The Word brother, be The Word. Jesus' intent was to demonstrate the embodiment of The Word. He's dead so now I am the embodiment of The Word. Reach out and touch faith, brother, reach out and touch faith.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-05-2014, 09:23 PM
(10-05-2014 09:18 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 08:49 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Hell or not? (There is no such place)
Hmmmm since the choice is mine I choose not. That was easy!

Jesus took on the sins of everyone on Earth so we would be saved from hell?
Why then, didn't Jesus go to hell for all of our sins?

You still haven't answered the question about all the other Big Spookies.
What if you picked the wrong team? Then what?
The only reason you believe what you do is because of where you were born, and what your parents believed.

Try thinking for yourself for once, it might surprise you.
In fact I dare you to look at your faith with a truly critical eye and ask questions.

!.Your choice is your choice
2.Jesus did descend into hell for 3 days, was resurrected and now is in heaven.
3.I know that I serve the only true God.
4. Oh, I have already looked at mt faith with a very critical eye & I asked God many
questions. I asked him to prove himself to me and he did and he answered all
my questions. That is why I believe....Raphael1
10-05-2014, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 10:03 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-05-2014 02:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  OMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!

New poster speaks such compelling truth...I am going to go get ready to confession...I have been wrong and I owe it all to some

asshole

theist

who

has

to

come

here

and

waste

space.

Actually off to get my hair cut.

I leave this one in capable hands.

And as we saw in her pic with Seth, Ang has very nice hair. Tongue

Now as far as the peabodiness and crapola posted by this messenger of the Babylonian deity, (El Elyon) Rapha-El (why do you *think* the angels were all named with names ending in "el") goes ... let's just indeed take a look at this bullshit.

"I am a Christian"
So he says he's a member of the sub-sect of Jews called "The Way" in the Acts of the Apostles. Ok.
Of course Jesus and the Hebrews did not believe in "going to heaven". Jews thought all souls, (good and bad) went to Sheol. So there's that. No atheist says "what we do makes no difference'. Amazing how anyone so OLD could actually still be THAT ignorant.
Let’s look at this some more. :
"If you are right, and there is no God, then we all just cease to exist at our death and what we do does not really make any difference. Except I KNOW that I have attempted in my life to always do the right thing, not always successfully but my effort is still there."
Great non-sequitur right there. Good on ya, messenger of El. Ever go to school ?

"Now on the other hand, if I am right and I KNOW that I am, then at my death, I will go to heaven not because I am such a good person (I’m not) but because God so loved the world (you and me) that He gave His only begotten son (Jesus) that whosoever (you and me) believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life (heaven). John 3:16"
Quoting ancient myth books does not make the myth true. Billions oh humans have stomped their little impotent feet, and insisted THEY had the truth, (just as you do), and they all were wrong. "Knowing" (or thinking) you're "right" does not make you right. You have no proof you're right. Not a shred of evidence. In fact "going" (or "transitioning" ) anywhere after death (in a timeless-spaceless environment) is actually a meaningless thing to spout. It's the intellectual equivalent to "the moon is made of green cheese".

Jesus said “I am the way, the truth and the life; NOBODY comes to the Father but by me.”
Actually he was only one of many who said that. I think Osiris, or an Egyptian god said it, and Mithra said it before Jebus. (Actually Jebus never said it. It was "placed in his mouth" as a literary device by the followers who cooked up the gospels. And actuallu correctly translated it's "No one shall come to me unless the Father draw him". Which proves your deity is capricious, and only draws some, or else why would Jebus waste his time make a distinction in the first place ?

"All we’ve got to do is acknowledge our sinful state and ask Him to forgive us and save us. He WILL and if I am right, and I know that I am, then you will spend eternity in anguish and pain in hell. I am sorry…God does not want anyone to go into hell and he gave us a way out (Jesus). God wants all of us to be in heaven with Him.
……………………………………….. The CHOICE is yours.........Raphael1"

If you are actually so self-absorbed, and have SO little understanding of human nature at your advanced age, as you demonstrate, I feel sorry for you.
If you actually think your god is SO fucking stupid that she wouldn't know if someone said "Oh I believe" when they really don't...then your deity is really retarded.

So. No Rapha-El, Angelic Troll. There is no choice between believing in the Easter Bunny and accepting reality.
I know you're are afraid of dying, and because we live in a culture that's oriented to individualism, individual extinction is seen as bad, and to be feared, but that doesn't mean you get to say Horton Hears a Who is real.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-05-2014, 09:27 PM
(10-05-2014 07:59 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:30 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  On a more serious note, what's your story? Are you an adult? Child? Adolescent? Poe? Somehow the latter seems more likely considering this forum's usual visitors...
I am 62 years old, male, American.

And suffering from dementia. So sad.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
10-05-2014, 09:28 PM
(10-05-2014 09:23 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 09:18 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  

!.Your choice is your choice
2.Jesus did descend into hell for 3 days, was resurrected and now is in heaven.
3.I know that I serve the only true God.
4. Oh, I have already looked at mt faith with a very critical eye & I asked God many
questions. I asked him to prove himself to me and he did and he answered all
my questions. That is why I believe....Raphael1

Evidence or GTFO!! PUT UP OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-05-2014, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 09:33 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(10-05-2014 07:26 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  No, you don't deserve to go to hell. And no one here has the authority or the right to say you do.

Everybody deserves to go to hell,

What's a hell"

Quote: none of us are perfect.

According to your fairy stories, your mythical monster created us imperfect. And hates us for not being perfect, when it created us imperfect.

There is a very basic problem with this sort of "reasoning". I bet you are too fucking stupid to figure out what it is.

Quote: We all have our own demons to deal with.

What's a demon?

[Image: azrael13.jpg]

"...But I'm a fucking Demon!..."

Quote:Me, you , all of us. We are flawed humans in a fallen state.

What the fuck is a "fallen state"? You DO realize that we don't take your fairy tales -- or any of the details of them -- seriously, don't you?

Quote: That is why the son of God, Jesus, came to earth to allow evil people to shed his blood & kill him to pay the atonement for our sins, past, present & future.

You DO realize that we don't take your fairy tales -- or any of the details of them -- seriously, don't you?

Quote:all we gotta do is believe & ask him to forgive us.
God has done this because he loves us, all of us....Raphael1

You DO realize that we don't take your fairy tales -- or any of the details of them -- seriously, don't you?

(10-05-2014 07:31 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  "If I am right, and I know that I am"...

Well but I know that you're not. So... you do your God thing and I'll do my not-wasting-my-time-listening-to-idiots-in-church-on-Sundays and we'll see who's got the better life at the end of it Smile Ready, set, go!

I know that I am. Its all about choice...your choice, and if that is it then so be it.

"I know because I know because I know because I know because...."

(10-05-2014 07:39 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  I am not afraid to die. I have faced my death many times but it wasn't my time
to go. Everlasting life in the presence of God in heaven will be "perfect"
no sickness, no sadness, beauty, peace, no fear, overwhelming sense of love.
like I said...its your choice, if you want it you can have it....raphael1

So kill yourself and be done with it. What the fuck are you waiting for, moron.

[Image: go-fuck-yourself-disney-with-a-vengeance....gif?w=480]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
10-05-2014, 09:30 PM
(10-05-2014 08:26 PM)Raphael1 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 08:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  [quote='Raphael1' pid='566680' dateline='1399773985']
O.K. this is cool, lets go with this...what evidence do you have that I'm wrong
.....Raphael1

That is not how the burden of proof works.

Also, you going to get around to my post any time soon?
[/quote
I can put that right back you, you say that there isn't a God, where is your proof???

No, you can't - because he never claimed that.

You made a set of claims - I reject them because you have provided no evidence.
The ball is in your court.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2014, 09:31 PM
(10-05-2014 09:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  OMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!

New poster speaks such compelling truth...I am going to go get ready to confession...I have been wrong and I owe it all to some

asshole

theist

who

has

to

come

here

and

waste

space.

Actually off to get my hair cut.

I leave this one in capable hands.

And as we saw in her pic with Seth, Ang has very nice hair.

You are so sweet.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF