jesus denial=holocaust denial?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2015, 01:53 PM
i have heard some scholars and people say that to deny the existence of jesus christ is say the holocaust never happened. I cannot make the connection bewteen these things it dose not make sense to me. can someone explain. Also i think it is outragous to place these two things on par with each other
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Other than both having Jews being killed, I can't connect the dots.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
14-07-2015, 02:00 PM
RE: jesus denial=holocaust denial?
(14-07-2015 01:59 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Other than both having Jews being killed, I can't connect the dots.

I thought jesus was a jew
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
14-07-2015, 02:06 PM
(14-07-2015 01:53 PM)nintendo2190 Wrote:  i have heard some scholars and people say that to deny the existence of jesus christ is say the holocaust never happened. I cannot make the connection bewteen these things it dose not make sense to me. can someone explain. Also i think it is outragous to place these two things on par with each other

Oh it's very simple.

Denying the holocaust happened is to suggest that all the pain, suffering, and heroism displayed by the Jewish people while being brutalized by the Nazi government never happened, which is a vast insult to those who lived and died then and those who live and die now with the scars of that life either in terms of broken bodies or broken minds.

Denying that Jesus existed is to suggest that all the pain, suffering, and heroism displayed by everyone's favorite Jewish zombie never happened, which is a vast insult to those who live and die today under those teachings and get all upset about how Jesus was taken away from them personally.

See how that works? Christian Logic.

I don't make or support Christian Logic, I just report it.
[+] 1 user Likes OddGamer's post
14-07-2015, 02:07 PM
My guess would be they are saying that the evidence for both is overwhelming, not that they are actually related in any way.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
14-07-2015, 02:07 PM
So, let me get this straight.

A man who existed, where we have zero writings from credible sources from the exact time he existed but only a few hundred years afterwards, No artifacts that can be proven to belong to him, no bones, no dna, no pictures, paintings or statues made of the man at that time.

and you want me to believe he existed....why? Because a bunch of people have feelings and saw things and wrote about him from hundreds of years ago from word of mouth passed down for several generations and then all of this was written into a language that the romans then translated and then we translated from them and rewrote it several hundred times?

Oh and if someone disagrees with what something says, THEY are the ones who know the REAL TRUTH and we are just interpreting it wrong because they know and not everyone else.

And you expect me to believe that pile of fucking horse shit....why?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
14-07-2015, 02:09 PM
(14-07-2015 02:00 PM)Ace Wrote:  I thought jesus was a jew
That was my point. First (probably 100% fictional) one had a Jewish dying, and the second real event had mass Jewish deaths.
14-07-2015, 03:29 PM
we have eyewitness testimony from both the victims and the aggressors --- we have the camps where it happened -- we have skeletal remains, we have pictures -- the holocaust happened....

The Jesus story????

You gotta story.

Nothing else..................

See the difference??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-07-2015, 05:22 PM
(14-07-2015 02:07 PM)unfogged Wrote:  My guess would be they are saying that the evidence for both is overwhelming, not that they are actually related in any way.

Except we have a metric fuckton of evidence for the holocaust...

[Image: holocaust-photo.jpg]

whereas for 'jesus' we have nothing but bible bullshit.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
14-07-2015, 05:37 PM
(14-07-2015 05:22 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 02:07 PM)unfogged Wrote:  My guess would be they are saying that the evidence for both is overwhelming, not that they are actually related in any way.

Except we have a metric fuckton of evidence for the holocaust...

whereas for 'jesus' we have nothing but bible bullshit.

I agree completely; I was just noting that christians often believe that the evidence for jesus is unquestionable. I certainly do not think they are right.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP