jesus denial=holocaust denial?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: jesus denial=holocaust denial?
(14-07-2015 01:53 PM)nintendo2190 Wrote:  i have heard some scholars and people say that to deny the existence of jesus christ is say the holocaust never happened. I cannot make the connection bewteen these things it dose not make sense to me. can someone explain. Also i think it is outragous to place these two things on par with each other

Who was this exactly? Just curious what "scholar" this was. Was their last name Craig?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2015, 06:21 PM
(14-07-2015 02:07 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  So, let me get this straight.

A man who existed, where we have zero writings from credible sources from the exact time he existed but only a few hundred years afterwards, No artifacts that can be proven to belong to him, no bones, no dna, no pictures, paintings or statues made of the man at that time.

and you want me to believe he existed....why? Because a bunch of people have feelings and saw things and wrote about him from hundreds of years ago from word of mouth passed down for several generations and then all of this was written into a language that the romans then translated and then we translated from them and rewrote it several hundred times?

Oh and if someone disagrees with what something says, THEY are the ones who know the REAL TRUTH and we are just interpreting it wrong because they know and not everyone else.

And you expect me to believe that pile of fucking horse shit....why?

You forgot the myriad of toast and bathtub stains as further evidence.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
14-07-2015, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2015 06:27 PM by nintendo2190.)
(14-07-2015 06:20 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 01:53 PM)nintendo2190 Wrote:  i have heard some scholars and people say that to deny the existence of jesus christ is say the holocaust never happened. I cannot make the connection bewteen these things it dose not make sense to me. can someone explain. Also i think it is outragous to place these two things on par with each other

Who was this exactly? Just curious what "scholar" this was. Was their last name Craig?

ehrman which in interesting. He seems pretty staunch on this. Is there some connection between the holocaust and "jesus" he seems almost offended at the idea the people might believe this

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bart-d-ehr...49544.html
14-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Oddly enough, one of the events has photographic evidence, while the other only has paintings by folks hundreds of years after the fact:

[Image: Auschwitz-crematoria.jpg]

Disturbing images ahead:

http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/dabrowa/...dab431.jpg

http://idamclient.ushmm.org/IMAGES/(S(b5...type=asset

vs

[Image: JesusOnCross.jpg]

I've known many paintings to be fictional. Never had a camera lie to me.

Clearly the Christians are trying to glom onto the factuality of the Holocaust without presenting the same quality of evidence. What even worse is that their faith was one factor in the pogrom which killed 5.8 millions Jews between 1933 and 1945, yet they deny that.
14-07-2015, 09:57 PM
global warming deniers also have a link to hoocaust denial

http://www.creators.com/opinion/dennis-p...enial.html
15-07-2015, 01:11 AM
It does not make sense or maybe it does but only from perspective of believer - in mind of someone who believe "evidence" for existence of Jesus could be solid as evidence for Shoah.

Having said that it is idiotic comparison.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
15-07-2015, 05:17 AM
I think the connection that some believers make between Holocaust denial and denial of Jesus's historical existence has some emotional validity. Of course there's no comparison in terms of the evidence available to evaluate each claim: plenty of evidence supports the Holocaust. But I haven't ever heard of a Holocaust denier who wasn't some kind of anti-semitic/white supremacist type--I have met a few, unfortunately--and Jews in general are right to think that most people who are Holocaust deniers don't like or respect Jews as an ethnic group and as individuals. I can see why Christians feel that someone who rejects Jesus even as a historical figure might consider Christians in general to be stupid and inferior, and to have bad intentions towards Christians.

I would probably have a slightly different opinion on this if I hadn't recently been involved in an online debate on whether the shootings in Newtown, CT, had ever happened. The conspiracy theorists' claims were debunked, to my mind thoroughly, but none of them changed their minds. I was amazed at how angry and upset the whole debate made me, and how much personal disrespect the deniers seemed to display, even though my connection with Newtown is just through a friend of a friend. I should just pity people whose thinking skills and boring lives make them easy prey for conspiracy profiteers, but I don't. I find those people threatening and worrying.

So while rationally it is not logically valid to equate Holocaust and Jesus deniers, I can kind of understand it.
15-07-2015, 01:56 PM
ask this guy

26-07-2015, 09:13 PM

False comparison.

6 million proven dead bodies verses 1 missing dead body?

That's like comparing the 1 dollar in my pocket to the 6 million dollars my buddy has in the bank.

Fucking retarded, eh?

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
26-07-2015, 09:18 PM
There was a dumbfuck in AF yesterday arguing that anyone who accepted the Holocaust ought to accept "the other Jewish myth".

First I heard of it, that seeing pics of corpses and crematoria were equally valid as reading a whitewashed, voted-on, superstitious book in terms of evidence.