jesus denial=holocaust denial?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: jesus denial=holocaust denial?
Quote:If you don't know nothing about the historical method, the views and conclusion of historians, than you're just talking ignorance.

Don't you dare start with that Minimal Facts bullshit of Habermas.

Just as a hint, he claims that 75% of those "historians" buy his bullshit but 99% of evolutionary biologists support evolution and I bet he doesn't agree with them.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2015, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2015 04:55 PM by Tomasia.)
(27-07-2015 03:57 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Don't you dare start with that Minimal Facts bullshit of Habermas.

No, I wasn't referring to Gary Habermas, and I can't say I'm acquainted with his views on the subject.

Quote:Just as a hint, he claims that 75% of those "historians" buy his bullshit but 99% of evolutionary biologists support evolution and I bet he doesn't agree with them.

I bet he doesn't either. Nor is he likely to recognize the parallel psychology between creationist and mythicist, just as mythicist are unlikely to recognize how much they borrow from the creationist playbook.
28-07-2015, 12:25 AM
(27-07-2015 09:15 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 08:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  What do you know of the "historical method"?

Probably more so than most.
Well I probably know more than you, so there. My cock is also bigger.

Quote:
Quote:it's still a logically tenable position to hold that the cult grew up around some mythical figure rather than an actual person, or a composite of multiple apocalyptic teachings were coalesced around one person.

Unless this explanations holds a great explanatory power, deemed to be more likely than an actual historical person, that acquired a series of legendary attributes after his death, than it ain't worth much at all. It's not a question of what other possibilities are there as much, is whether one possibility is more like than the other.
Right, so unless the explanation of an invisible God who mystically cares about homosexuality holds great explanatory power... you see where I'm going with this?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.