jesus is real

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2011, 10:12 AM
jesus is real
jesus is real tell me why he's not give good reasons not dumb ones thank you Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2011, 12:25 PM
RE: jesus is real
How bout you give us some evidence that jesus is real. But good pieces of evidence, not dumb ones, ok?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 7 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-11-2011, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 12:33 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
Santa Claus is real. Give me some evidence that proves he isn't. But good pieces, not dumb ones, okay?
On a more serious note though. Let's say he is real. Prove that he had superpowers (other than a book that was written by people who believed the Earth to be flat, the sun revolved around the Earth, that there existed a civilization in the clouds and another civilization existed under the surface of the Earth, that there were only 4 elements [earth, fire, wind and water] and that all of the life that ever existed on Earth existed at the same time and that fossils in the rocks were put there by god or a result of Noah's flood).

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
21-11-2011, 12:40 PM
I like this game. But I also like to be different. Since you take the bible as evidence then I feel I can prove to you Jesus doesn't exist using that same level of evidence.
The written word.
I am a witness of Christ being created. That's right. I saw it happen an I know that the way you know him he never existed. I was transplanted through time see, by my god Flying Spaghetti monster. He wished me to be a witness to his creation. He made Jesus. He also made the other 400 or so messiahs of the time to help garauntee his odds. He told me that he was making the messiah to use as a test to his loyal meatballs, his true pastafarians. To test their conviction. I passed that test by realizing early on that Christ was manufactured by FSM. That's why he chose me as a witness. But the Christ you think of when you read the bible is false. He was made from pasta. You know those spiral pastas... That was Christ.
Since this is a written account of what happened an it was written by someone you've never met I don't see any way you wouldn't accept this as fact. If there is a way please fill me in because I think my understanding of what you seem to be evidence will be wrong an I'd like to understand what it is you would seem to be evidence...

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
21-11-2011, 01:53 PM

Your capitalization is driving me nuts.

Please, please, please fix it?
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like calmyourtitsbro's post
21-11-2011, 02:17 PM
(21-11-2011 10:12 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  jesus is real tell me why he's not give good reasons not dumb ones thank you Smile

As a start…
If your Jesus is the character known as “Jesus of Nazareth” you might want to try to explain why there is no actual archaeological evidence for the existence of the “City of Nazareth” between 720 BC (when the Assyrians raised it to the ground) and when it was re-settled by priests from the Temple after the final destruction in AD130.

Thus no Nazareth, no Nazarene, no prophecy, no Jesus.

http://www.nazarethmyth.info/book.html

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/nazareth.html

This from Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazareth
“Fr. Bagatti uncovered pottery dating from the Middle Bronze Age (2200 to 1500 BC) and ceramics, silos and grinding mills from the Iron Age (1500 to 586 BC), pointing to substantial settlement in the Nazareth basin at that time. However, lack of archaeological evidence from Assyrian, Babylonian, Persian, Hellenistic or Early Roman times, at least in the major excavations between 1955 and 1990, shows that the settlement apparently came to an abrupt end about 720 BC, when many towns in the area were destroyed by the Assyrians.”

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
[/font][/size]

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
[+] 1 user Likes watchman's post
21-11-2011, 02:22 PM
The loch ness monster, big foot and the chupicabra are real. Give me some evidence that proves they don't. But good pieces, not dumb ones, okay?

If you make the claim that hes real you can provide the evidence.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
21-11-2011, 02:38 PM
You cant prove a negative.......the emphasis is on you to prove he was real.

I am my own god.......my religion removes all hatred, seperation and fear.......it brings me so much joy and wonder and it doesnt have any "loose ends" that need answering......it just is.

If I am to go to "hell" for trying to push out love and "truth" all the time (although i am not ineffable) then bring it on.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
21-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Ok, so I think we have very clearly established that the burden of proof lies on the person making the claim, in this case, that jesus is real.

Thatchristianguy, the ball is in your court.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
21-11-2011, 05:55 PM
There have been many, many Jesus. And they really seem to like baseball. But his holiness didn't help the Washington Nationals out for shit last season.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post