jesus is real

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2011, 03:29 PM
RE: jesus is real
(30-11-2011 03:08 PM)watchman Wrote:  HWP..

Who says they died...?
Who says they even existed....?
Who says they were martyred...?

Even if we give you all these points, consider what you're saying:
Based on the fact that 2000 years ago a small group of people were killed in nasty ways for clinging fervently to their beliefs, recorded in this book, I want you to believe that some guy from that time, 2000 years ago, is still alive today, invisible, and can hear your inner thoughts.

Don't you see how one might regard this as a bit of a stretch?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-11-2011, 03:32 PM
(30-11-2011 02:53 PM)HeWillPrevail Wrote:  Evidence that Jesus is real, died and rose again from the grave? Simple. Christianity exists today. If the disciples knew Jesus' existence and/or resurrection to be a lie, why did they allow themselves to be tortured and killed for what they knew to be a lie?
Before you say mistaken identity, the disciples had been with Jesus for three years. They would know who he was. And before you say the Bible isn't a relevant historical document, please tell me how a book that is able to record the past and predict the future accurately is not relevant or true.
Secondly, don't say they hallucinated. Two people, let alone a number of people, do not hallucinate the same event happening the same way. It's like a group of people dreaming the same exact dream. It doesn't happen.
To end on a high note, thank you for reading this. If you are a member on The ThinkingAtheist, then I feel some admiration. You care enough about your own belief to join a website to talk about it. That's good. I hate when people I talk to don't care at all about their worldview or expressing it. You do. Again, that's good. But, I will plead for one thing. That you would come to Christ. I want to see you in heaven. Atheists, you might mock my God, but he still wants to spend eternity with you. Don't forget that. I pray to my LORD through his son Jesus Christ that he will reveal the truth to you, and that you will repent from your ways.
I was not unlike you. I ran from God. I hate him. But now I don't. I adore him. I pray that while you still may be running away from God, and one point you will turn back.

What a load of elephant shit... when you ran from god where did you go... isn't he suppose to be omnipresent, how can you hate something or someone that never materialize in front of you. Going back? Really you really believe that, when you open your eyes and see the world for what it is really I seriously doubt that you will go back. Most atheist that I know whom used to be theist are not going back... they're going forward, they keep studying, they live without the burden of believing that they owe their existence to some ghost that claimed to have created us.

Why do you need to pray to Jesus, why does god need a interpret, why can't you just speak to him directly, do you have have to send your request in triplicata. And at the very last of my question WHY THE HELL DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO PREACH US you know you're wasting valuable time... go pray your lord so he does something for those dying children, those who can't afford a roof on their head, those who are suffering from incurable decease... why coming on a forum and try to teach those who have broke free of your delusion. WHY? Are you on a mission? Is it Jesus who told you to come and save our sorry souls... if so can you tell him to come down to earth and stop using intermediate to speak to us.

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages.
[+] 2 users Like jakejakelamasabachtani's post
30-11-2011, 03:54 PM
(30-11-2011 02:53 PM)HeWillPrevail Wrote:  But, I will plead for one thing. That you would come to Christ. I want to see you in heaven. Atheists, you might mock my God, but he still wants to spend eternity with you. Don't forget that. I pray to my LORD through his son Jesus Christ that he will reveal the truth to you, and that you will repent from your ways.
I was not unlike you. I ran from God. I hate him. But now I don't. I adore him. I pray that while you still may be running away from God, and one point you will turn back.

Why do Christians (and Muslims and Jews) think we are mocking their god? We don't believe your god exists, so we certainly aren't mocking him.

I am not running from God; I don't hate God; I simply don't believe that gods exist.

When I get tired and cranky, then I mock; not God, but believers.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
30-11-2011, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 05:35 PM by kim.)
(29-11-2011 06:15 PM)HeWillPrevail Wrote:  Evidence for Jesus' Resurrection? His disciples. If they did not believe that Jesus rose from the dead, they wouldn't have allowed themselves to be tortured and killed for what they knew to be a lie. You might say they were hallucinating. But people (plural) don't hallucinate the same exact thing at the same exact time.

Uhm... yes, people(plural) DO hallucinate the same exact thing at the exact time. It's called "mass hysteria". Here is a nice wiki you can check out... (a wiki is quick and easy to read Wink) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_hysteria Shy

Undecided It's possible you may not recognize it, but you seem to suffer from this very condition... here on the forum, we might refer to your condition as theism, belief/faith, or religion. But these things are in fact, forms of mass hysteria.

You stated you hated and ran from god. I never did. I don't run from ghosts, either. I don't run from satan, nor from zombies or poltergeist. I don't run from things that aren't there. Undecided I'm sorry that you have those fears.

Now, run along and play with your delusional friends. Here, we're non-theists, and you are not. Dodgy

Oh - and to anyone who needs proof of something... I can fly.

Seriously.
Don't think so?
It's true.
Wha - no?
Oh yea?

Angel Prove to me that I can not fly.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
30-11-2011, 05:36 PM
(30-11-2011 05:31 PM)kim Wrote:  Now, run along and play with your delusional friends. Here, we're non-theists, and you are not. Dodgy

Sorry Kim, but you are wrong. We are simply members of this forum. No requirements to believe or not to believe. Everyone is welcome here. No entry fee. No membership card. No application. And no need to adhere to what the majority think.

As you were.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
30-11-2011, 05:51 PM
(30-11-2011 05:36 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(30-11-2011 05:31 PM)kim Wrote:  Now, run along and play with your delusional friends. Here, we're non-theists, and you are not. Dodgy

Sorry Kim, but you are wrong. We are simply members of this forum. No requirements to believe or not to believe. Everyone is welcome here. No entry fee. No membership card. No application. And no need to adhere to what the majority think.
As you were.

Yea, that's true... sorry.
I got cranky after slogging through all those posts, only to find some tired old troll trying to pull everyone back to god.

Didn't mean to be a dick. Undecided Always happens right when I have to head out to work.

Heart Think freely, and the universe will expand... as usual.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-11-2011, 06:13 PM
(30-11-2011 05:31 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh - and to anyone who needs proof of something... I can fly.

Everyone .. I just saw Kim flying off to work... It's true I saw it happen and my 500 friends saw it too. Prove that they didn't see it!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 3 users Like ddrew's post
30-11-2011, 06:51 PM
(30-11-2011 06:13 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(30-11-2011 05:31 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh - and to anyone who needs proof of something... I can fly.

Everyone .. I just saw Kim flying off to work... It's true I saw it happen and my 500 friends saw it too. Prove that they didn't see it!
LOL Praise the Kim, because he/she flew for our sins. I suggest we all start a new religion because I believe in Kim flying. I believe that Kim comes to earth to wash ours sins for all of us non-believer that human can fly without wings or fa gigili gland.

May the Kim be with you Big Grin - I believe in you Kim, even though I never saw you fly, I'd follow blindly those 500 disciples of yours who saw you fly without asking question. Kim please save my soul and teach me to fly because gas is getting very expensive I could use that skills of yours to go to work LOL.

Hey Kim how about you write a book with ten commandment on how to fly, I'd read that book everyday and will join your religion. I'm so scared of death that I'd follow everything you say just because I know you can fly.

Jake - A disciple of Flying KIM, I am now a Kimsonyte. Praise the KIM the human kyte Big Grin

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages.
[+] 3 users Like jakejakelamasabachtani's post
01-12-2011, 01:19 AM
(30-11-2011 06:51 PM)jakejakelamasabachtani Wrote:  
(30-11-2011 06:13 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
LOL Praise the Kim, because he/she flew for our sins. I suggest we all start a new religion because I believe in Kim flying. I believe that Kim comes to earth to wash ours sins for all of us non-believer that human can fly without wings or fa gigili gland.

May the Kim be with you Big Grin - I believe in you Kim, even though I never saw you fly, I'd follow blindly those 500 disciples of yours who saw you fly without asking question. Kim please save my soul and teach me to fly because gas is getting very expensive I could use that skills of yours to go to work LOL.

Hey Kim how about you write a book with ten commandment on how to fly, I'd read that book everyday and will join your religion. I'm so scared of death that I'd follow everything you say just because I know you can fly.

Jake - A disciple of Flying KIM, I am now a Kimsonyte. Praise the KIM the human kyte Big Grin

Angel
Ddrew - you are the first to have announced my Messiahishness... just as it was foretold in John 1:41.
You jakejakelamasabachtani called Jake... you are the rock upon which I will build my church... as it was given through Matthew 16:18.
And when my blind followers croak off, they will be granted the ability to fly in much the way I do now.
And all will have ice cream and beer.
Although, not necessarily at the same time.
Dodgy Yes, I'm benevolent that way.

[+] 3 users Like kim's post
01-12-2011, 02:15 AM
(01-12-2011 01:19 AM)kim Wrote:  Angel
Ddrew - you are the first to have announced my Messiahishness... just as it was foretold in John 1:41.
You jakejakelamasabachtani called Jake... you are the rock upon which I will build my church... as it was given through Matthew 16:18.
And when my blind followers croak off, they will be granted the ability to fly in much the way I do now.
And all will have ice cream and beer.
Although, not necessarily at the same time.
Dodgy Yes, I'm benevolent that way.

I am greatly concerned by this new-age bullshit religion stuff. FSM still loves you heathens, even though you rejected His meatballs. Kim can't fly, you guys are just deluded. I can see how you might accept this because it's all a clever deception, but it says clearly in the Essential Pasta Cookbook (http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Pasta-Co...551106566) that dried pasta is the one to choose if you're serving a heartier, tomato based sauce.

Don't listen to the heretics!