jesus is real

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2011, 11:31 AM
RE: jesus is real
(01-12-2011 10:37 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  thank you for at least respecting my belifs Smile and not trolling me like most now i know i at least have 4 people that aint gonna be trolling me Big Grin

You've received some respectful replies that combat your position, as well as some replies in the same manner as your original and subsequent posts. Don't forget that you started this thread, and you started with a disrespectful and demanding tone. It's no wonder you got disrespected in return.

You'll get much further with people if you learn how to communicate with other people. That means fully explaining yourself and your position, talking to people with the same respect you desire to receive, and carrying a conversation through by responding when people reply to your post. Some of your other friends have shown that they're much further down that road than you are (some have shown that they aren't).

But from the thread, it's clear that you weren't here for a conversation. It looks to me like you thought you had some grand idea that you were going to show everyone some big gaping hole in their thought process, like "you can't prove Jesus didn't exist". Hopefully you've learned something by reading some of the replies.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
01-12-2011, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 12:08 PM by kim.)
(01-12-2011 10:05 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Kim is a false prophet of flying! Superman is the one true flyer. Do not be tempted by false prophets like Kim or Boeing or Airbus. They will lead you into the skies with false hope!

Oh right, Superman.
Poser.
Oh sure, he looks fantastic; he's all about "the show". Red / blue; covering both ends of the color spectrum like that... I admit, the guy knows what works. He's nothing without the outfit... even his girlfriend will tell you that.
And I didn't want to bring this up but... he's decided he has to take care of all humans... like pets, or something.
Rolleyes L ...with a capital LOSER!
Cool Personally, I'm not into gimmicks - I can fly au naturale, if I'm in the mood. And of course, I offer the same ability to all.
Posthumously, of course... humans are kind of dimensionally specific that way.
Undecided Woe TheBeardedDude; ye of little faith.

Now, enough of this false prophet crazy-talk...
let us celebrate the coming weekend with some tasty treats! Smile

Angel Eat me.
Peanut butter is my body. Do this in remembrance of me.

I like mine on pumpernickel, but that's just me... each to his own taste. It works well with a rose... I've been drifting toward a pinot grigio, lately. Although, I've also found Fat Bastard has pulled off a pretty decent shiraz... just a thought.

Ok.
Over & out.
Sleepy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
01-12-2011, 12:39 PM
There is a subtle, but very important distinction that needs to be made here.

I, like most others here, respect your right to believe what you want. That doesn't mean we respect your beliefs.

As I get to know different christians, I find that some of their beliefs garner more respect than others. I also find a direct correlation with how strictly they adhere to christian doctrine. I'm not a big fan of moderate belief, since I think it's not entirely intellectually honest (enter the "bible is a metaphor" crowd) but I do tend to respect their beliefs a little more than fundies who follow scripture to the letter (or at least claim they do). Every christian I've ever met interprets the bible differently, and that affects how they practice their faith. Some take the "love thy neighbor" attitude, and just kind of brush the rest under the rug. I can respect that more than those that run around with signs that say "God Hates Fags". That's not to say I have a whole lot of respect for religion of any kind, but it's not a matter of "respect or no respect".

So when a new member waltzes in, and makes a claim, then backs it up with what could be considered one of the dumbest pieces of logic imaginable, I just can't muster up much respect for the person or their beliefs.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
01-12-2011, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 02:31 PM by ddrew.)
(21-11-2011 10:12 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  jesus is real tell me why he's not give good reasons not dumb ones thank you Smile
(01-12-2011 10:37 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  thank you for at least respecting my belifs Smile and not trolling me like most now i know i at least have 4 people that aint gonna be trolling me Big Grin

Remember how you started this thread TCG? The very way you asked the question set off "troll" alerts. So likewise your going to get back answers in the same tone in which you delivered your original question. Eye for and eye, Tooth for a tooth... you should have not been suprised by the reactions you got.. but then again in contradiciton to that teaching Jesus himself teaches that if another man strikes your cheek to turn and give him the other cheek. But that's a whole other topic.. anyhow...

Remember my reply to you TCG? Here let me remind you...

(30-11-2011 01:55 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(28-11-2011 09:39 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  Let me ask you this can you see air? Can you feel air? NO!

Alright slow down there youngster! Let's do a quick experiment...

Now the "Can you see air?" Normally under normal conditions no you cannot see air. However if air is condensed and somthing passes through it at a high rate of speed you can cactually see the air move in the wake of the passing object. Similar to seeing waves behind a speedboat in the water.

Now the experiment... Can you feel air? Blow on your arm.... Did you feel that?

Remember that? Can I ask if you even tried that little experiment? If you don't wanna blow on your arm to "feel air" then perhaps you could stand infront of a fan blowing and you can "feel the air" that way instead. Could you turn your other cheek to me and at least post a result of your findings through this experiment I'm asking you to try out?

Point of why I'm asking you to do this TCG is because you stated that your young and still learning. I'm trying to teach you a simple form of how science works. Taking a statement from another person then testing that statement to see if it is true or false. This is what we are doing with your statement of "Can you feel air? NO!" I'm giving you a way you can test your own statement and come up with the answer "yes you can feel air" and you have provided your own evidence to support that answer. Same thing happens when we ask "Was Jesus real?" Through that same process there has been shown to be a mountain of evidence that strongly suggests that a man by the name of Jesus never existed at all.

Now If you'll excuse me I have been endowed with the new name of Saint Drew. My Kimonytes are awaiting my doctrine. I must teach them of our great Messiah Kim who has defied all odds and has provided us the miracle of human flight. I must show that the FSM is a false god who's meatballs never had the noodles to fly at all!

I've got much to do and many letters to write. Churches of the Kimonyte faith must be built. I've got alot of money to make outta this kid so tell your Christian buddies to stay clear or we will declare a holy war!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 5 users Like ddrew's post
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
(01-12-2011 11:25 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

If you are legit (still not fully convinced), I would like to offer a little advice. I know it's unasked, but I think you should heed it.

1) Improve your grammar. Yeah, I know, it may seem "pointless", but proper grammar shows that you are somewhat educated and can at least think on your own and form a coherent thought process. The grammar and punctuation doesn't need to be perfect, but at least some skill needs to be shown.

2) You are a minority here. This isn't a Christian forum. This is an atheist forum. People will disagree with you; some may even be belligerent. This is to be expected because as paul said many find Christianity's views to be morally repugnant and wholly inconsistent. I received the same advice from some very helpful people.

3) Don't come in with both guns-a-blazin' on a subject. Especially, when your "proof" has little or no validity.

4) Don't preach or try to convince others of a belief that you know they find asinine or offensive. Talking about religion is fine, but others should volunteer themselves for the conversation not be forced to flame you in retaliation to a post.

So yeah, take it or leave it. Hope I helped.

KC, you're proving to me that all is not lost in the world. I like the idea of being "forced to flame" someone Big Grin
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
01-12-2011, 01:53 PM
(01-12-2011 01:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-12-2011 11:25 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

If you are legit (still not fully convinced), I would like to offer a little advice. I know it's unasked, but I think you should heed it.

1) Improve your grammar. Yeah, I know, it may seem "pointless", but proper grammar shows that you are somewhat educated and can at least think on your own and form a coherent thought process. The grammar and punctuation doesn't need to be perfect, but at least some skill needs to be shown.

2) You are a minority here. This isn't a Christian forum. This is an atheist forum. People will disagree with you; some may even be belligerent. This is to be expected because as paul said many find Christianity's views to be morally repugnant and wholly inconsistent. I received the same advice from some very helpful people.

3) Don't come in with both guns-a-blazin' on a subject. Especially, when your "proof" has little or no validity.

4) Don't preach or try to convince others of a belief that you know they find asinine or offensive. Talking about religion is fine, but others should volunteer themselves for the conversation not be forced to flame you in retaliation to a post.

So yeah, take it or leave it. Hope I helped.

KC, you're proving to me that all is not lost in the world. I like the idea of being "forced to flame" someone Big Grin

Ha Smile

Glad you like it. I learned a long time ago that I'm responsible for being flamed; not others.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
01-12-2011, 08:01 PM

Cut him/her some slack fellas, yes i understand its different having someone do something like this but still..... its pretty gutsy of him to do this knowing yall were going to give him hell. See what im getting at??? Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ADTR I Think Yes :)'s post
01-12-2011, 09:06 PM
(01-12-2011 08:01 PM)ADTR I Think Yes :) Wrote:  Cut him/her some slack fellas, yes i understand its different having someone do something like this but still..... its pretty gutsy of him to do this knowing yall were going to give him hell. See what im getting at??? Big Grin

He just went about it wrong and LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JAAAAHHHHNNNNKINSSSS'ed himself into the thread.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
01-12-2011, 09:11 PM

(01-12-2011 09:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(01-12-2011 08:01 PM)ADTR I Think Yes :) Wrote:  Cut him/her some slack fellas, yes i understand its different having someone do something like this but still..... its pretty gutsy of him to do this knowing yall were going to give him hell. See what im getting at??? Big Grin

He just went about it wrong and LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JAAAAHHHHNNNNKINSSSS'ed himself into the thread.

Well i guess your right.. lol xD
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2011, 09:42 PM
(01-12-2011 09:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

lol yeah that about sums it up. Big Grin

ADTR, I'm not mad at the guy. It would be good if he stuck around and actually got to know us all before he goes all out like this. All in all, I've found this thread fun.