jesus is real

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2011, 10:27 AM
RE: jesus is real
So then you never really bothered to actually read all the posts did you?

It's been made very clear that the burden of proof lies on you, since you are making the claim. No one can proove something doesn't exist. That's just plain old bad logic. Prove I am not jesus. You can't, but if I tell you I am, would you believe me? If you do, you are a fool. Without evidence that I am jesus, only a moron would believe I am.

As for your rediculous air analogy; sight isn't the only way we can tell something exists. Air is easily testable. Remember that you are among science minded people, so silly arguments like, "you can't see air, but you believe in it, so jesus must exist" is a waste of both of our time. How bout you show us all this evidence for jesus that you claim to have.

....oh, and perhaps it would be a good idea to actually educate yourself on the scientific method, what proof is, and what makes something "testable".

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
28-11-2011, 10:51 AM

ಠ_ಠ no bro, no.
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2011, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 11:37 AM by kineo.)
As Stark Raving said- we're not the ones claiming the existence of an entity or a thing here. It is not up to us to disprove the existence of anything. However, we will observe the evidence of the world around us for clues as to the nature of our existence. So far, no evidence directly suggests a god-like being. We still have questions about existence to be answered, but nothing suggests that the answer will lay in the supernatural.

(28-11-2011 09:39 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  Let me ask you this can you see air? Can you feel air? NO!

This is a terrible argument. Air is physical, it is made up of molecules. Molecules are made of matter. Matter has mass and occupies space. Matter can be observed and tested. Molecules can be examined and tested. Air can be observed and tested.

And yes, you can feel air. It simply is less dense than a wooden desk. You feel air so often that you don't even notice it unless you are, or the air is, moving fast- which then feels like wind. Wind is simply the movement of air. What you feel in wind is the movement of air molecules across your skin.

God has none of these properties. Your Biblical God is a concept, just as are all gods, and they do not exist as entities with mass. Prove to me that god is more than a concept- that god is a real being. Prove to me that this god is the god of the Bible. Prove to me that the Bible should be taken as god's work, and not the work of the thousands (and more) of humans who have been a part of its creation. Your Bible can be examined and placed in the known human historical timeline. Scholars can see clearly where the parts of the old testament were changed throughout its history to better control the people under the reign of the power of the priests (watch this video to learn more, it's interesting and easy to understand). Why am I supposed to believe that is the work of a god and not of humans? That sounds like a very human thing to do, not so much like a perfect god-being. It's very interesting to see how the evolving concept of God can be traced throughout history.
28-11-2011, 12:53 PM
(28-11-2011 09:39 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  ok guys look Jesus is real i asked YALL to prove to ME that He isnt so far yall haven't all you have done is ask me to prove things. Let me ask you this can you see air? Can you feel air? NO! but you believe that its there without it you wouldnt be able to live its the same thing. You cant see Him but you believe in Him its basically like child like faith you tell a child santa is real he believes you why wouldnt he he has no proof that he's not. Like i said i asked yall to prove to me that He's not real there is evedience all around that He is. be for real your tellin me that nothing was there and nothing happened to nothing which caused nothing to explode and create everything now that makes no sense. Now like I said PROVE TO ME!!!

The burden of proof for a claim is on the one who makes the claim. No one can prove to you that Jesus is not real; what can be done is to show the evidence or lack thereof.

There is no evidence that Jesus is real.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2011, 01:30 PM
(28-11-2011 09:39 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  Can you feel air? NO! but you believe that its there without it you wouldnt be able to live its the same thing.

Erm sorry to break this to you but you can feel air. Move your arm, feel that thing moving past it?.... yeah thats called the AIR.
Something observable is different from something with no evidence of its existance. There is a difference

There are also several tests to tell you that air exists, what it is made of, and how it will react to certain things etc can you say the same thing about jesus? even though that wouldn't have been his real name.

Either you are a very lazy troll or a very stupid person.

If you are here for a proper discussion fine, if you are just here to throw around the same over used easily answered questions and ridiculous statments(the one about the air) then please just leave as weve heard them all before.

Heres a question for you, Can you prove to us that jesus actually exists ,some real indisputable proof? you must have some.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
28-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Guys seriously...

[Image: trolling-trolling-troll-internet-likes-t...308887.jpg][/align]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
28-11-2011, 01:47 PM
So, you are admitting that you are a troll?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2011, 01:53 PM
(28-11-2011 01:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  So, you are admitting that you are a troll?

lolwut

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
28-11-2011, 02:56 PM
(28-11-2011 09:39 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  ok guys look Jesus is real i asked YALL to prove to ME that He isnt so far yall haven't all you have done is ask me to prove things. Let me ask you this can you see air? Can you feel air? NO! but you believe that its there without it you wouldnt be able to live its the same thing.

Well, ya see, the thing is, we can see air.
We can see the effects of having it vs. not having it.
Ever seen bubbles? It’s a pocket of air trapped in liquid.
We can freeze it and hold it, we can bottle it heat it and cool it.
We can strip it down to the gasses that make it.
We put out fires by removing it, or at least the oxygen part of it.
FYI oxygen is a pale blue when liquid with an extremely low viscosity, nitrogen is colourless when liquid.

(28-11-2011 09:39 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  You cant see Him but you believe in Him its basically like child like faith you tell a child santa is real he believes you why wouldnt he he has no proof that he's not.

So you where told as a child that Santa was real and gave you things if you where good, but then later on you found out that it was just a myth told to children to make them behave.
Hmmm…
So you where told that god was real and gave you things if you where good, but when others found out later on that it was just a myth told to make you behave and you are having problems adjusting?

(28-11-2011 09:39 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  Like i said i asked yall to prove to me that He's not real there is evedience all around that He is. be for real your tellin me that nothing was there and nothing happened to nothing which caused nothing to explode and create everything now that makes no sense.

We have made mater from energy. Something from nothing.
Are CERN now gods?
We used to look at the world and make up stories on how and why.
Now we look at the universe and theorise on how and why and then follow set steps to see if the theory will stand.
It can be a little hard to follow, and there are flaws in the theory as it is still a work in progress but just to say “god did it” is opting out of unravelling the mystery.

(28-11-2011 09:39 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  Now like I said PROVE TO ME!!!

We can’t prove a negative.
But if we could, you wouldn’t listen anyway.

I’ll feed the troll, it’s a slow day…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
28-11-2011, 03:13 PM
(28-11-2011 01:44 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Guys seriously...

(trollpic)

I know, I'm sure the dude's trolling. But seriously, sometimes stupidity breeds... all you need is some moron to come in and read the thread and think these arguments are unanswerable.

Maybe the OP isn't stupid- I'm sure he's not actually- but if he somehow believes anything he's posted, then I'm going to say he's just never thought critically about it. But yes, it's more likely that he's just trolling. Just wonder how he could actually be getting any troll-joy from this dull thread. There are so many more fun and exciting ways to troll lol.