jesus is real

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2011, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 10:50 AM by DaylightDusk.)
RE: jesus is real
(29-11-2011 10:44 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  I don't make fun of people I sympathize. Ya get me?

yepss lol ^^
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2011, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 10:55 AM by kineo.)
(29-11-2011 10:07 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  Wow I never realized how annoying other Atheist's can be. Jusy stfu already

I don't understand, why are we atheists the annoying ones here? Because he's your friend? Did we go to a Christian forum and make demands of proof and post rudimentary and easily refuted arguments?

The guy says he's not a troll, he's your friend. Ok if he's not a troll- he's serious. So why not address him like he is? If he's a thinking person, then he deserves to be taken seriously.

Also, I think these types of arguments need to be addressed because these are the very arguments I heard when I was a Christian; and they only hold sway until someone tips them over with some handy-dandy logic and/or science. But while they hold sway in a person's mind, they only serve to fortify (however weakly) that persons faith.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
29-11-2011, 10:53 AM
(29-11-2011 10:50 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 10:07 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  Wow I never realized how annoying other Atheist's can be. Jusy stfu already

I don't understand, why are we atheists the annoying ones here? Because he's your friend? Did we go to a Christian forum and make demands of proof and post rudimentary and easily refuted arguments?

The guy says he's not a troll, he's your friend. I believe him. He's not a troll- which means he's serious. So why not address him like he is? If he's a thinking person, then he deserves to be taken seriously.

Also, I think these types of arguments need to be addressed because these are the very arguments I heard when I was a Christian; and they only hold sway until someone tips them over with some handy-dandy logic and/or science. But while they hold sway in a person's mind, they only serve to fortify (however weakly) that persons faith.

I dont care really. It's just most of yall are being ignorant including him. Yall won't fucking listen so whats the point in talking to yall... you annoy me
29-11-2011, 10:53 AM

The guy says he's not a troll, he's your friend. I believe him. He's not a troll- which means he's serious. So why not address him like he is? If he's a thinking person, then he deserves to be taken seriously.

If you guys are referring to me, one I am a female not a he, & I'm trying to liven up the mood; everyone is so pissy.
Anyways.
If you weren't talking to me ಠ_ಠ Whoops.

Uhm.
Well, I believe in a god ,but not Jesus Christ.
Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2011, 10:54 AM
(29-11-2011 10:53 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  

If you guys are referring to me, one I am a female not a he, & I'm trying to liven up the mood; everyone is so pissy.

Im not refering to you lol ^^ its the others that are like all offended and cant be civil about anything -.-
29-11-2011, 11:00 AM
(29-11-2011 10:53 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  I dont care really. It's just most of yall are being ignorant including him. Yall won't fucking listen so whats the point in talking to yall... you annoy me

It would be helpful if you would point out just who is not listening to what exactly.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-11-2011, 11:10 AM
(29-11-2011 11:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 10:53 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  I dont care really. It's just most of yall are being ignorant including him. Yall won't fucking listen so whats the point in talking to yall... you annoy me

It would be helpful if you would point out just who is not listening to what exactly.

Yes, DaylightDusk, please do. No CYTB, I wasn't talking about you.
29-11-2011, 11:14 AM
(29-11-2011 10:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 09:43 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  Faith is a thought that you express. All yall ever want is proof, you don't need proof to believe in something lol im not a troll im DaylightDusk's friend. Think about your car you believe that it will crank up when you put the key in it, you dont need proof beforehand you put faith in it. Just like the chair you are sitting in, you put your faith in that chair that when you sit down, that it will hold you up. You put your faith in that chair.

Faith is a belief without evidence. I believe the chair will hold me or the car will start based on evidence; i.e. the chair held me the last time I sat on it, the car started yesterday. If the chair breaks or the car doesn't start, there is a rational, fact-based explanation - it's not because I didn't have enough faith.

Faith is sincerity and a vehicle for identity. To have faith is to invest one's identity in something other than the self. Like I have faith "doorway" is the way to go through the wall. Keeps the bruising to a minimum. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-11-2011, 11:21 AM
(29-11-2011 11:14 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 10:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 09:43 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  Faith is a thought that you express. All yall ever want is proof, you don't need proof to believe in something lol im not a troll im DaylightDusk's friend. Think about your car you believe that it will crank up when you put the key in it, you dont need proof beforehand you put faith in it. Just like the chair you are sitting in, you put your faith in that chair that when you sit down, that it will hold you up. You put your faith in that chair.

Faith is a belief without evidence. I believe the chair will hold me or the car will start based on evidence; i.e. the chair held me the last time I sat on it, the car started yesterday. If the chair breaks or the car doesn't start, there is a rational, fact-based explanation - it's not because I didn't have enough faith.

Faith is sincerity and a vehicle for identity. To have faith is to invest one's identity in something other than the self. Like I have faith "doorway" is the way to go through the wall. Keeps the bruising to a minimum. Wink

So you're saying that acknowledging reality is faith?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
29-11-2011, 11:26 AM
All the proof i need:

No real Jesus would have let this thread be perpetrated in his name.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.