jesus is real

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2011, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 01:25 PM by kineo.)
RE: jesus is real
(29-11-2011 01:02 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 01:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 11:39 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Uh-oh. Defacto7 is a dogmatic atheist. Tongue

Faith is a vehicle for identity. As my identity is in a constant sate of flux due to a continual increase in information, faith provides a cornerstone for stability. And the word is defined as sincerity. Tongue

I don't understand what you mean by "Faith is a vehicle for identity". What you describe seems better described by "Knowledge and world-view", not faith.

Another dogmatic. Big Grin

I have faith in Gwyneth Paltrow - never met the girl, love her like stupid; and having faith in her is an investment of my identity. There's a lot of peeps who find her to be self-absorbed, annoying, and unattractive; thus they would find my faith ludicrous. They are wrong. All there is to it. Big Grin

This doesn't seem dogmatic to me, he's not stating that it's absolute- he's just saying that it "seems better described by 'Knowledge and world-view'". That sounds more like an opinion to me.

Maybe I'm wrong, or my understanding of the word "dogmatic" is wrong... Perhaps if you could explain your position more I would understand better. Smile
(29-11-2011 01:22 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It is my contention that the Gospels are straight fiction and are actually an early form of meme. Why is there so many extant copies of the early NT? Shit wasn't cheap or easy... it was a play performed on the stage of life to give Paul's meme a life of its own.

Well-said.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
29-11-2011, 01:27 PM
(29-11-2011 01:24 PM)kineo Wrote:  This doesn't seem dogmatic to me, he's not stating that it's absolute- he's just saying that it "seems better described by 'Knowledge and world-view'". That sounds more like an opinion to me.

Maybe I'm wrong, or my understanding of the word "dogmatic" is wrong... Perhaps if you could explain your position more I would understand better. Smile

Dammit Kineo, you should know by now that asking HoC to explain something will just make you more confused!!!!

HoC.......I love you man!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
29-11-2011, 01:27 PM
(29-11-2011 01:27 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 01:24 PM)kineo Wrote:  This doesn't seem dogmatic to me, he's not stating that it's absolute- he's just saying that it "seems better described by 'Knowledge and world-view'". That sounds more like an opinion to me.

Dammit Kineo, you should know by now that asking HoC to explain something will just make you more confused!!!!

HoC.......I love you man!

I know, I know lol, I just can't help it! Big Grin
29-11-2011, 01:52 PM
(29-11-2011 09:43 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  Think about your car you believe that it will crank up when you put the key in it, you dont need proof beforehand you put faith in it. Just like the chair you are sitting in, you put your faith in that chair that when you sit down, that it will hold you up. You put your faith in that chair.

Did you just compare starting a car to the existance of jesus?

seriously your arguments are just getting ridiculous.

Blind faith does not justify ignorance.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
29-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Too much reading... most of it drivel... skimmed through.

The comment about the car starting was retarded. I'm not a scientist but I understand how a flippin car works. If the car doesn't start I fix it, or take it to a mechanic who knows more than me. I don't have faith that it will start. It will start if there is nothing wrong with it and it will not start if there is something wrong with it. I expect it to start so long as I have a history with it starting for me. I expect it to fail if it has a history of failing. Experience leads to expectation. I can't have faith in the vehicle starting because I know my vehicle due to regular maintenance.

If you only use faith when you go to start your car you should really take it to a shop and have it looked at. I will pray for your transmission.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Jesus is like a good reliable Chevy car from the last 3 decades...they don't exist.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-11-2011, 02:42 PM
(29-11-2011 09:43 AM)thatchristianguy Wrote:  Faith is a thought that you express. All yall ever want is proof, you don't need proof to believe in something lol im not a troll im DaylightDusk's friend. Think about your car you believe that it will crank up when you put the key in it, you dont need proof beforehand you put faith in it. Just like the chair you are sitting in, you put your faith in that chair that when you sit down, that it will hold you up. You put your faith in that chair.

[Image: 3480468593_d4ed2b2df4.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
29-11-2011, 03:14 PM
(29-11-2011 02:02 PM)lucradis Wrote:  If you only use faith when you go to start your car you should really take it to a shop and have it looked at. I will pray for your transmission.

Pray for the transmission of sins. Isn't that an RC thing?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
29-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Hahah not only do I not pray but I meant his car. The transmission of his car. Due to lack of maintenance because of reliance on faith. If you are sarcastic as well I apologize for it is lost in the text! Ha

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
29-11-2011, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 03:32 PM by houseofcantor.)
Use dogmatic in a sentence:

Yes, I am dogmatic about Gwyneth Paltrow. About everything else, I'm a pussycat. Wink

I'd say it's a form of vapor lock; dogmatism does not allow for an open mind. But like all things, a balance is necessary. To be other than dogmatic about ellenjanuary (my name) would be to lack definition.
(29-11-2011 03:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 02:02 PM)lucradis Wrote:  If you only use faith when you go to start your car you should really take it to a shop and have it looked at. I will pray for your transmission.

Pray for the transmission of sins. Isn't that an RC thing?

Double A, m, c, o... Another cult! The hydra, I'm telling ya!

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]