jews and founding of america

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2014, 01:40 PM
jews and founding of america
http://www.jewishpathways.com/jewish-his...ng-america

This is an interesting article, written by jewish sources. I find it interesting understanding my nation or culture's roots, and legal roots as well. I want power, frankly. I want knowledge and understanding which bring it. I want to clarify my values. I determined my values are more european, more germanic and anglo saxon. I like the works of William Shakespeare, and Voltaire, not so much the works of mythologists and apologists who created or wrote about figures such as moses or abraham or gave us law and prophets- what are they to me? Instinct means more to me. I only study to free myself or equip myself. Knowledge for it's own sake is useless, could be a vice or a distraction. In reading that article, I feel somewhat healthier in my understanding, with clearer eyes. I see how the past bleeds into the present. Maybe this influences what Ameriac puts its weight behind to this day- for example this influence adds to the likelihood that circumcision will continue, or we wage (holy?) war against muslim nations, or support Israel unconditionally- or with fewer conditions than otherwise. Break the spell. Dispel the spells and the 'gospell, the godspell'. it is not good, but it is called good, just as bolsheviks were not the majority but were called such. What is called evil is good and what is called good is evil by most standards, but both good and evil are relative terms. It's just that language is used to conceal and hide more often these days than it is to reveal and unveil. Expect that words will be twisted, inverted and perverted. History is powerful- we want a history of influence. I gained also from this article once more the effect that puritism had on his country and the nature of it at its founding. They really seemed to be fanatics, idealists, victims of their convictions. I don't know, I wasn't there. Surely they weren't all bad- but what we inherited from them- ah that's what matters- and that, under my new (natural) value scheme, appears to be not good. I think too much. I must quit thinking and start living. I just wanted to share. Break all curses. Break all spells. Lobby and preach your values- sow your own seeds, sow seeds of atheism and rationality. You have the right. This is not a one party state.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 01:52 PM
RE: jews and founding of america
Frankly, I think the guy is nuts. The Puritans were not seeking religious toleration. They wanted to escape persecution themselves but once they got here they were as maniacal as any Grand Inquisitor back in the Old World.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_...s#Puritans

Quote:Although they were victims of religious persecution in Europe, the Puritans supported the Old World theory that sanctioned it: the need for uniformity of religion in the state.

Once in control in New England, they sought to break "the very neck of Schism and vile opinions." The "business" of the first settlers, a Puritan minister recalled in 1681, "was not Toleration, but [they] were professed enemies of it." [2] Puritans expelled dissenters from their colonies, a fate that in 1636 befell Roger Williams and in 1638 Anne Hutchinson, America's first major female religious leader.

It was the Enlightenment which led to the Declaration of the Rights of Man. Not any religious bullshit.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post