judgement journey

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2016, 12:58 AM
judgement journey
so i do not know if anyone has heard of the judgement journey located in Lagrange GA but its basically a yearly thing where every Halloween the church gathers "thousands" of believers to bring you Judgement Journey: a Journey through the end of time!
so you start out on a hay ride type deal that takes you into the corners of darkness with the grim reaper. he tells you about every scene as you walk through, matches it to every verse of revelation. then you stop and watch a movie clip.. i cant recall the movie but as they play this world destruction clip of meteors crashing into the earth they play a song with it, DC Talk "I wish we'd all been ready" - that song destroys me every time. (actually every time i think the world is ending it plays in my mind and keeps me awake at night.) then you move on to the first scene.. year before last it was a press conference talking about the "terrorist" act that took millions of people away because the "unsaved" will have no clue whatsoever what just happened. then you move on to the 4 horsemen. they have you stand and watch these 4 men ride up on horses and explain what they each stand for. and after that you move on into the world destroyed by the "end times" events. it normally starts with you walking into a road way of which everyone driving seems to be a christian since all the passengers are dead.. or running around asking you with their face covered in realistic injuries asking if you have seen my husband/bride/mom/dad/kids.. so on. people are under cars "crushed" a plane "falls" out of the sky and causes an explosion. the rest of this might be out of order but here goes.. you move on (maybe) to a military style room. they lock you in and you see a mother begging for something and they take her child and tell her "if you dont take the mark of the beast we kill her" and they "shoot" the girl and then the mother. moments later you are all called to "attention" and offered the mark of the beast. the room is dark.. people are walking around yelling at you they are holding guns.. not real im sure but still the sound is extremely loud. you then are pushed out into the "world" there are people begging you for money and food. dead people laying around.. theres a booth where people are selling their babies. everything horrible you can imagine. then you are pushed on into a walkway of sorts.. the lights are cut off and strobe lights start. you hear more yelling and sounds of a helicopter right above you. i cant remember whats between that and the next scene which is where you walk into "heaven" here you see "God" and he is up on a balcony type deal with a lady and the book of life. (i failed to mention that during the whole walk there are people that join your group to be called out in the next scene) so god then calls the name of someone with us.. they are brought to the front and he looks for their name.. if he sees it good deal. if not the grim reaper literally grabs them and throws them into a flaming pit. like the room gets as hot as the sun because this fire is so large.. i cant imagine them not getting burned. afterwards you walk back to the church and are preached to. "this is the fate of anyone who does not accept Jesus as their savior"
my point of telling this is.. back before i joined my last church i was so ticked at this church because this is a straight scare tactic. you show people the "horrors" of the worlds end and scare them into belief. even if Christianity was the way.. why would it need to be so horrific? why do you have to scare people so bad to believe in you. i never understood until now that its not just the church. its the whole freaking religion. everything to them is "we have an all loving God.. but like if you dont love him well you burn eternally and you have no choice.. even though i gave you free will."
i recently have decided that if this was real.. then i want to exercise my free will and um.. stay here on earth. can i do that?
while my fears still rise up from time to time.. i have come to see that my life without religion is much less stressful. religion should not scare someone.. it shouldnt be a stressful thing in your life. so i guess this is my official time of saying it but "goodbye religion"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2016, 01:35 AM
RE: judgement journey
(20-03-2016 12:58 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  my point of telling this is.. back before i joined my last church i was so ticked at this church because this is a straight scare tactic.

Any religion in which hell exists is more or less a big pile of scare tactics.

(20-03-2016 12:58 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  everything to them is "we have an all loving God.. but like if you dont love him well you burn eternally and you have no choice.. even though i gave you free will."

Nothings says loving god better than eternal punishment.

This picture show what christianity is about I would say:
[Image: B9FUc.jpg]

(20-03-2016 12:58 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  while my fears still rise up from time to time.. i have come to see that my life without religion is much less stressful. religion should not scare someone.. it shouldnt be a stressful thing in your life.

If we are in realm of shoulds then religion shouldn't even exist.

To be more serious - religion without fear and guilt isn't something that would be a good business.

(20-03-2016 12:58 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  so i guess this is my official time of saying it but "goodbye religion"

Congratulations. Not everyone can manage to throw of shackles imposed on them by indoctrination.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
20-03-2016, 01:41 AM
(20-03-2016 01:35 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:58 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  my point of telling this is.. back before i joined my last church i was so ticked at this church because this is a straight scare tactic.

Any religion in which hell exists is more or less a big pile of scare tactics.

(20-03-2016 12:58 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  everything to them is "we have an all loving God.. but like if you dont love him well you burn eternally and you have no choice.. even though i gave you free will."

Nothings says loving god better than eternal punishment.

This picture show what christianity is about I would say:
[Image: B9FUc.jpg]

(20-03-2016 12:58 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  while my fears still rise up from time to time.. i have come to see that my life without religion is much less stressful. religion should not scare someone.. it shouldnt be a stressful thing in your life.

If we are in realm of shoulds then religion shouldn't even exist.

To be more serious - religion without fear and guilt isn't something that would be a good business.

(20-03-2016 12:58 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  so i guess this is my official time of saying it but "goodbye religion"

Congratulations. Not everyone can manage to throw of shackles imposed on them by indoctrination.

That picture was too big for my poor phone to handle lol. It's huge compared to everything else. But I have heard that about religion needing fear. I mean they do draw in thousands of people and it's like 12 bucks a head. I would agree that fear sells. And thanks. I may have jumped the gun but the more I let go, the better I feel.
20-03-2016, 01:45 AM
(20-03-2016 01:41 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  But I have heard that about religion needing fear.

What is left in religion to enforce "god" based morality when there is no fear? Though even with fear is hard to say that religion makes people better.

(20-03-2016 01:41 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I mean they do draw in thousands of people and it's like 12 bucks a head. I would agree that fear sells.

Sure it sells. But without childhood indoctrination sales would drop.

(20-03-2016 01:41 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  And thanks. I may have jumped the gun but the more I let go, the better I feel.

I think it would be strange if freedom would feel bad.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
20-03-2016, 01:50 AM
(20-03-2016 01:45 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 01:41 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  But I have heard that about religion needing fear.

What is left in religion to enforce "god" based morality when there is no fear? Though even with fear is hard to say that religion makes people better.

(20-03-2016 01:41 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I mean they do draw in thousands of people and it's like 12 bucks a head. I would agree that fear sells.

Sure it sells. But without childhood indoctrination sales would drop.

(20-03-2016 01:41 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  And thanks. I may have jumped the gun but the more I let go, the better I feel.

I think it would be strange if freedom would feel bad.

Right as a child you start out easy. Jesus loves the little children.. And Noah's ark.. Jonah and the whale. They hook you with the fun stuff. Then you go into Sunday school and learn about the love of God. your first day in the grown up church its eternal damnation..
20-03-2016, 01:57 AM
(20-03-2016 01:50 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Jesus loves the little children..

And some priests even more.

(20-03-2016 01:50 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  And Noah's ark.. Jonah and the whale.

Second may be funny if absurd tale but I couldn't call genocide being funny.

So it don't start easy, it starts by showing that no matter how despicable deed god is still good.

(20-03-2016 01:50 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  They hook you with the fun stuff.

Again, one hardly could call biblical genocide fun.

(20-03-2016 01:50 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Then you go into Sunday school and learn about the love of God. your first day in the grown up church its eternal damnation..

Never been in Sunday school but in Poland eternal damnation could start as soon as when child is 6 years old or even faster if parents are indoctrinated imbeciles who see nothing wrong in scarring their child.

Mikhail Bakunin.
20-03-2016, 02:02 AM
(20-03-2016 12:58 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  even if Christianity was the way.. why would it need to be so horrific? why do you have to scare people so bad to believe in you. i never understood until now that its not just the church. its the whole freaking religion. everything to them is "we have an all loving God.. but like if you dont love him well you burn eternally and you have no choice.. even though i gave you free will."
i recently have decided that if this was real.. then i want to exercise my free will and um.. stay here on earth. can i do that?
while my fears still rise up from time to time.. i have come to see that my life without religion is much less stressful. religion should not scare someone.. it shouldnt be a stressful thing in your life. so i guess this is my official time of saying it but "goodbye religion"

I'm glad you are starting to realize the horrifically immoral premise of Christianity, once I realized it I knew that this God was not all loving to allow so many human souls to suffer forever for finite crimes. Even reading any of his "laws" in the Old Testament is a parade of psychopathic arbitrary nonsense.

Just remember that we live in a time about 2,000 years after Christianity first started, after the age of reason, after major scientific breakthroughs like evolution, and after most societies believed the Earth was flat and sea monsters roamed the seas. You can just imagine what people needed to hear about a supposed afterlife to get them in line, we don't need all that fear to be good people anymore.

You are now starting to say goodbye to religion, good for you, you are a better person than religion says you are, you are better than it's bronze age moral rules and judgments, especially as a woman you are so much better than a piece of property handed from father to husband. It's ok to be scared. we are only human and we all get scared but with more time those fears will subside and one day you'll realize there is nothing to fear.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
20-03-2016, 11:12 AM
(20-03-2016 02:02 AM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:58 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  even if Christianity was the way.. why would it need to be so horrific? why do you have to scare people so bad to believe in you. i never understood until now that its not just the church. its the whole freaking religion. everything to them is "we have an all loving God.. but like if you dont love him well you burn eternally and you have no choice.. even though i gave you free will."

I'm glad you are starting to realize the horrifically immoral premise of Christianity, once I realized it I knew that this God was not all loving to allow so many human souls to suffer forever for finite crimes. Even reading any of his "laws" in the Old Testament is a parade of psychopathic arbitrary nonsense.

Just remember that we live in a time about 2,000 years after Christianity first started, after the age of reason, after major scientific breakthroughs like evolution, and after most societies believed the Earth was flat and sea monsters roamed the seas. You can just imagine what people needed to hear about a supposed afterlife to get them in line, we don't need all that fear to be good people anymore.

You are now starting to say goodbye to religion, good for you, you are a better person than religion says you are, you are better than it's bronze age moral rules and judgments, especially as a woman you are so much better than a piece of property handed from father to husband. It's ok to be scared. we are only human and we all get scared but with more time those fears will subside and one day you'll realize there is nothing to fear.

thank you so much
20-03-2016, 11:37 AM
(20-03-2016 12:58 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  so i do not know if anyone has heard of the judgement journey located in Lagrange GA but its basically a yearly thing where every Halloween the church gathers "thousands" of believers to bring you Judgement Journey: a Journey through the end of time!
so you start out on a hay ride type deal that takes you into the corners of darkness with the grim reaper. he tells you about every scene as you walk through, matches it to every verse of revelation. then you stop and watch a movie clip.. i cant recall the movie but as they play this world destruction clip of meteors crashing into the earth they play a song with it, DC Talk "I wish we'd all been ready" - that song destroys me every time. (actually every time i think the world is ending it plays in my mind and keeps me awake at night.) then you move on to the first scene.. year before last it was a press conference talking about the "terrorist" act that took millions of people away because the "unsaved" will have no clue whatsoever what just happened. then you move on to the 4 horsemen. they have you stand and watch these 4 men ride up on horses and explain what they each stand for. and after that you move on into the world destroyed by the "end times" events. it normally starts with you walking into a road way of which everyone driving seems to be a christian since all the passengers are dead.. or running around asking you with their face covered in realistic injuries asking if you have seen my husband/bride/mom/dad/kids.. so on. people are under cars "crushed" a plane "falls" out of the sky and causes an explosion. the rest of this might be out of order but here goes.. you move on (maybe) to a military style room. they lock you in and you see a mother begging for something and they take her child and tell her "if you dont take the mark of the beast we kill her" and they "shoot" the girl and then the mother. moments later you are all called to "attention" and offered the mark of the beast. the room is dark.. people are walking around yelling at you they are holding guns.. not real im sure but still the sound is extremely loud. you then are pushed out into the "world" there are people begging you for money and food. dead people laying around.. theres a booth where people are selling their babies. everything horrible you can imagine. then you are pushed on into a walkway of sorts.. the lights are cut off and strobe lights start. you hear more yelling and sounds of a helicopter right above you. i cant remember whats between that and the next scene which is where you walk into "heaven" here you see "God" and he is up on a balcony type deal with a lady and the book of life. (i failed to mention that during the whole walk there are people that join your group to be called out in the next scene) so god then calls the name of someone with us.. they are brought to the front and he looks for their name.. if he sees it good deal. if not the grim reaper literally grabs them and throws them into a flaming pit. like the room gets as hot as the sun because this fire is so large.. i cant imagine them not getting burned. afterwards you walk back to the church and are preached to. "this is the fate of anyone who does not accept Jesus as their savior"
my point of telling this is.. back before i joined my last church i was so ticked at this church because this is a straight scare tactic. you show people the "horrors" of the worlds end and scare them into belief. even if Christianity was the way.. why would it need to be so horrific? why do you have to scare people so bad to believe in you. i never understood until now that its not just the church. its the whole freaking religion. everything to them is "we have an all loving God.. but like if you dont love him well you burn eternally and you have no choice.. even though i gave you free will."

There is something similar in Colorado springs called "Hell House" and every year it gets lots of press. If you can not convince me with a rational argument I guess the only thing left is to threaten me. But I've got your number Christians! You have no power over my mind. I don't fear something that you are only imagining. They can only pray on weak minded individuals and I'm not weak minded.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
20-03-2016, 11:59 AM
that sounds entertaining as hell.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post