just finished Sherlock Holmes collection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2012, 04:30 AM
i just finished all the sherloc holmes books

i have to say for the literature of that era it reads quite easy compared to most other of that time

after the first 3 chapters i was hooked

but i kept seeing Benedict Cumberbatch in my mind
damn TV

but the book was awesome Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dj-hato's post
25-11-2012, 07:56 AM
RE: just finished Sherlock Holmes collection
(25-11-2012 04:30 AM)dj-hato Wrote:  i just finished all the sherloc holmes books

i have to say for the literature of that era it reads quite easy compared to most other of that time

after the first 3 chapters i was hooked

but i kept seeing Benedict Cumberbatch in my mind
damn TV

but the book was awesome Big Grin

I read all of the Sherlock Holmes stories as a young teen. I'm pretty sure that helped make me the rationalist that I am today.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2012, 08:34 AM
deduction FTW !!!!

25-11-2012, 02:29 PM
I read Sherlock Holmes several years ago, and was hooked. It is a fantastic read. Interesting characters, good plots, and above all very well written. Sherlock stories and The Three Musketeers are my favourite old works.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
25-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Love me some Sherlock. I borrowed this huge leather bound gold leaf collected volume from a buddy a few years ago and assumed it would take me forever to get through it, but I was done in just a few days. I felt sad after finishing because I knew there would not be anymore OG Sherlock stories ever again.

I was turned onto a couple post Doyle Sherlock stories, and I read them all, but the only one I really enjoyed was The Seven Percent Solution. It was pretty fantastic, though slightly lacking in the original essence, it got the closest to the style of the classics. Looking it up on amazon right now I found out the author did another one so.... I am gonna get it.

Seven Percent in case you're interested.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
25-11-2012, 03:52 PM
John Gardiner, who also wrote James Bond books, did a series about Moriarity's return to power after the tumble over the falls with Sherlock. I found the reversed perspective, with Moriarity as the protagonist to be quite interesting.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
25-11-2012, 03:54 PM
(25-11-2012 03:45 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Love me some Sherlock. I borrowed this huge leather bound gold leaf collected volume from a buddy a few years ago and assumed it would take me forever to get through it, but I was done in just a few days. I felt sad after finishing because I knew there would not be anymore OG Sherlock stories ever again.

I was turned onto a couple post Doyle Sherlock stories, and I read them all, but the only one I really enjoyed was The Seven Percent Solution. It was pretty fantastic, though slightly lacking in the original essence, it got the closest to the style of the classics. Looking it up on amazon right now I found out the author did another one so.... I am gonna get it.

Seven Percent in case you're interested.

Another fun one is The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]