just when you think you know your spouse of 16 years......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2016, 10:03 AM
just when you think you know your spouse of 16 years......
he tells you that he was at a BBQ at Ken Ham's house in Australia back in '88!!

Shocking

I'm sitting here still dumbfounded. Ohmy

My husband is a believer, raised by whackadoodle creationists who sponsor the Ark (completely different rant) but he keeps his religion very quiet and to himself, he never goes to church or any other habits except maybe a quiet prayer when shit is hitting the fan.

I knew his family went on a trip to Oz years ago, but I didn't know Ken was the tour guide for their one busload for the week. So for a week they were together touring Oz, one stop was at his house for a big BBQ.

He said he remembers Hams daughter making necklaces to look like Aboriginal necklaces to sell.

how did I not know all this? We've been married for 16 years, lived together for 5 years before that. We have talked about the Ark and Ham many times!

I'm just going to go try to wrap my brain around all this new info and try not to say WTAF? all day long.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
29-10-2016, 10:19 AM
RE: just when you think you know your spouse of 16 years......
What did they eat? Wombats and kangaroos?

#sigh
29-10-2016, 11:22 AM
We all have our secrets. Knowing how you feel he probably concluded it was neither here nor there, especially since he was a teenager at the time right?

I think you might want to cut him some slack, after all the poor guy had to endure his whackadoodle family and Ken Ham.

Anyway, he seemed like a real nice guy to me. Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
29-10-2016, 11:26 AM
You wouldn't eat wombat. Too tough. Kangaroo is a nice game meat. Though you have to be careful when cooking it. It's a very 'lean' meat with little fat within the muscle. Cook it too long and it goes to boot leather very quickly. Emu's nice as well.

As for the accusation of making the necklaces to sell, that's a whole load of "F@ck off illegality" right there. The native folks here are still kind of getting screwed many ways from Sunday so people ripping them off like that does suck.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
29-10-2016, 11:26 AM
He must be part of the Illuminati.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
29-10-2016, 11:35 AM
(29-10-2016 10:03 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  he tells you that he was at a BBQ at Ken Ham's house in Australia back in '88!!

He was probably embarrassed to admit it. I know I'd be.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-10-2016, 12:27 PM
And now by the Kevin Bacon postulate I am only one degree removed from Ken Hobo

This is bad.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
29-10-2016, 01:14 PM
You had me really scared there for a second! I thought something horrible had happened. Hobo The Ken Ham thing is a kind of "wut" thing, though. Hug Smile

29-10-2016, 01:43 PM
(29-10-2016 10:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What did they eat? Wombats and kangaroos?
I've had kangaroo, it's yummy, similar to steak, supposedly healthier for you too.
29-10-2016, 02:37 PM
(29-10-2016 11:26 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  As for the accusation of making the necklaces to sell, that's a whole load of "F@ck off illegality" right there. The native folks here are still kind of getting screwed many ways from Sunday so people ripping them off like that does suck.

I asked my husband if she was trying to sell them as authentic pieces or reproductions, he didn't know. He just remembered Ken talking about how good his daughter was getting at making them.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller