just when you think you know your spouse of 16 years......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2016, 02:37 PM
RE: just when you think you know your spouse of 16 years......
(29-10-2016 12:27 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  And now by the Kevin Bacon postulate I am only one degree removed from Ken Hobo

This is bad.

hahaha. gotcha. Laughat

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2016, 02:42 PM
(29-10-2016 11:22 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  We all have our secrets. Knowing how you feel he probably concluded it was neither here nor there, especially since he was a teenager at the time right?

I think you might want to cut him some slack, after all the poor guy had to endure his whackadoodle family and Ken Ham.

Anyway, he seemed like a real nice guy to me. Yes

yeah, hubby is alright, I'm just shocked how this hasn't come up before, Smile It does clear up other things that made me wonder. For example, after watching COSMOS with NDT, we went to the Natural History Museum in Raleigh. It has loads of dinosaurs. He was intent on reading every single thing posted. I read a lot of the stuff when we go to museums, but when you go with kids you tend to skim the highlights. He was studying each piece in that section. Once we left that section, he was back to just scanning things and moving along. It seemed odd at the time.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
30-10-2016, 11:14 AM
(29-10-2016 01:43 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I've had kangaroo, it's yummy, similar to steak, supposedly healthier for you too.

We have the honour of being the only country that eats its living national emblem (apart from possibly the Welsh, who eat dead leeks).

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
30-10-2016, 02:49 PM
(29-10-2016 11:26 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  You wouldn't eat wombat. Too tough. Kangaroo is a nice game meat. Though you have to be careful when cooking it. It's a very 'lean' meat with little fat within the muscle. Cook it too long and it goes to boot leather very quickly. Emu's nice as well.

As for the accusation of making the necklaces to sell, that's a whole load of "F@ck off illegality" right there. The native folks here are still kind of getting screwed many ways from Sunday so people ripping them off like that does suck.

If anyone in the US ate at a Jack-in-the-Box "restaurant" in the '80's, it's likely they have unwittingly eaten kangaroo. Why meat shipped half way around the world would be cheaper than home grown is beyond me. Maybe there was a beef shortage at the time. I do remember the furor. Nobody got sick, or anything.

As for national animals, yeah, you'd get in a heap of trouble for eating a bald eagle.