justified departure..?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2015, 08:08 PM
justified departure..?
..from letters of law??

I have a question of others' opinions.

I'm a white male in america, in my 30s. I'm developing a career. I got a small part time job on campus in the food service department. We have to do this online training against discrimination and harassment and all that. One company that they use that provides the training is a certified minority/woman owned business. I had never heard of such thing. I don't have time to research it all. I have to study and my friend just had her baby (newborn less than 3 days old) taken by CPS and she's not allowed to breastfeed at the hospital, and her father, who she does not want to have custody, has custody. So my time is limited and precious.

Anyway I was wondering kind of if this status allows these small businesses to discriminate and hiring and all that. But even moreso, I was wondering if when people of white origin (ethic european-americans) are the minority, if they will be given rights against being discriminated against. Will we be safeguarded and given preference?

It's interesting. Whites are having fewer kids. They just decided to be like that in the last few generations. Immigrants are rushing into white countries. I know we took over the lands from native aboriginal populations. Maybe it's karma. Even Sarah Silverman, on Saturday Night Live tv show talks about how whites are going to be a minority and she represented herself as a mainstream european-american. So if we are a minority, will the rules work in our favor- say if Latinos predominate?

Also I know two people in my department. Both have outgoing personalities and smile a lot and are happy. One is from Africa and is black, and the other is from here. The one from Africa had to repeat most of his classes (he even had gotten a scholarship) and the other just sailed through, with a 3.6. Both are friendly and I like both as people, but the one from Africa got courted by this company which rejected the white one from here. He did get picked up by a good big rival firm though. This was last year. This year I interviewed with five firms so far- and I have an even higher GPA and did a lot of leadership stuff and involvement stuff, dressed nice, etc. Did all I could. I subscribe to the philosophy that which doesn't kill me gives me a chance to make me stronger. I feel if I can get my foot in the door with a company I can prove myself, develop myself. Once I get in, and to middle level, I can grow and rise to the top, but at the early steps I may face problems being a white man. It only takes one good offer to make me happy but I care not about all the injustice throughout history by my people against others if in the present I suffer lack of employment opportunity which will limit my career growth, my income, ability to own a house, and even have lady-love and children. I must under the circumstances scoff at the programs and policies of the feds. It means every minority who is successful, I have ethically to doubt whether they made it on merit or with help. They put me in this awkward position. I am not an affirmative actionist, but a merit-actionist. Let the better more fit minority win, even beat me. That makes me strive harder, but how do you compete against this.

It is illegal to discriminate against an individual because of birthplace, ancestry, culture, or linguistic characteristics common to a specific ethnic group.
It is illegal to discriminate against an individual because of birthplace, ancestry, culture, or linguistic characteristics common to a specific ethnic group.
YET THEY DO. I searched a bit for a text to contrast this with.Maybe I'll find one later, but I'm so busy. This is just me venting. Haha feel free to comment.

"Greatest Generation" and baby boomer generation produced our nation. If we call them the greatest generation, where does that leave us? Not a lot of room for growth and development huh? Man is a bridge.

And if women or womyn or whatever some few of them prefer to be called, want to be successful in careers- I've always been pro-merit, regarding race and gender, and I couldn't care less btw about abortion issues or gay issues. Give them rights. I don't care. Let them be happy. let the gay women abort! Good for them, none of my biz. Anyway back on track, some of my best professors are women, and they are competent at work. There was even one- though just one, competent construction worker at a job I once had. She was the only female employed but she was competent.

But if women like men marry a career- then how can they have children to continue the race? It becomes that much harder- and they take high paying work from other men, who could support their families, make more money and therefore have bigger families.

Please understand, I am american born and grew up in an individualistic atomized culture like y'all. What I say above could be construed as the by the ignorant ignoramuses. The right lens to view my views through is one concerned with social welfare, as the group as a whole, bound not by constitution or ideology but by definition, what benefits the nation as a group- nation being different than state and involving some degree of genetic kinship. I know there's that book "how the irish became white". I know that powers tried to divide bavaria from prussia. I'm not into that kind of division. Nor am I interested in repressing other groups. But I am into the welfare of my nation. I heed the call. So I'm not into repressing individuals based on their gender or whatnot. What I'm against is people making selfish choices that harm the greater benefit of their nation, see. I want to be comfortable, but I would forgo riches if it would benefit the nation- not the state, but my folk. Of course me being poor won't help them in any way- lucky for me, and most of the time and day I'm self-focused, but I'm just saying we have to live for a higher purpose, and since I don't believe in god.. well. In fact part of the way I was able to displace christianity and a dogma I knew to be wrong, without entering into despair or nauseous nihilism or emptyiness was replacing it with ethnic love and the will to live and continuance.

But I also realize as I go along that I can't neglect the self.

But in so doing, I realize that the federal government and high powers of modern times (which all fall in time), kind of get in my way to achieve even my individualistic success. But I feel if I can get a good start, then I'll build traction. It's only the entry-level where its the hardest. When my performance is recognized and I get momentum, continue to learn new things and get new certifications as a tried and true employee, it will be relatively easy to advance. The problems are just out the gate and I might get an offer anyway. I will do all I can. But european-americans will be a minority in the future in the US and refugees are entering europe-seeking to enter germany and sweden and england. How come none are seeking refugee in sudan? Or Ethiopia. Maybe they are but I'm here to help you identify social norms and ways of thinking that may have more to do with tradition than cold hard logic, with economics and other factors being the points at play (people seek the ripe fruit for the eating, not the prickly pear).

"Give us the boy until seven and we'll give you the man" - Church of the Holy Foreskin

"Heavy, melancholy men turn lighter, and come temporarily to
their surface, precisely by that which makes others heavy--by
hatred and love. " Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2015, 10:00 PM
RE: justified departure..?
(19-09-2015 08:08 PM)viking Wrote:  ...
I feel if I can get my foot in the door with a company I can prove myself, develop myself. Once I get in, and to middle level, I can grow and rise to the top,

Hi. I'm not going to comment on Murikan law because I'm not "from here" but the statements above jangle for me.

On your other thread you declared yourself a communist (you used small 'c', which I'm assuming was deliberate) which essentially advocates symbiosis.

Above, you are demonstrating that you've bought in to another evolved system i.e. predator / pray.

Can you be / have both?

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-09-2015, 10:06 PM
(19-09-2015 08:08 PM)viking Wrote:  I don't have time to research it all. ..... So my time is limited and precious.

But you seem to have time to write long internet posts. Consider

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-09-2015, 04:57 AM
Somehow I don't think being a white man is the reason you're facing problems getting a career started.

Maybe your potential employers are not looking for an insecure racist who thinks white women should stay home and breed?
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
20-09-2015, 09:17 AM
I wasn't sure if I should respond to this because of some of the really nasty undertones. But, I'll at least answer the specific questions.

A certified minority/woman owned business is not a legal status. It's a business status. Many companies want to be seen as "valuing diversity" and look to include businesses that are certified as minority or women owned. The companies and people in the companies who run these programs will all tell you, and swear up and down, that they don't give them any special preference in awarding business, they just ensure they are included and given an equal chance to compete. I have some professional involvement in this and I can tell you that, at least in my limited experience, it is mostly true that they don't give any special consideration. I say "mostly true" because when you don't award business to one of these companies you get a lot of paperwork to explain why. There is some subtle pressure to award them business. But, I've never been in a situation where a bid team was told to give business to a company because they were owned by minorities or women.

Secondly, these companies are subject to the same anti-discrimination laws that all employers are subject to. And, contrary to what you may think, those laws protect whites. If you are not given a job solely because you are white, you can sue. And, if you can prove it, you should win.

I'm not getting into some of the other stuff you bring up, but I will say this: if the world was all "merit based" then we never would have had affirmative action. It was created to fix a problem. And, as a white male, it has worked against me in my life too. I will say this though: in my 20+ years of working in the corporate world, I can assure you that white males are not under represented in the work force. Despite our many disadvantages, we seem to thrive and find jobs regardless.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post
24-09-2015, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2015 02:37 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(19-09-2015 08:08 PM)viking Wrote:  But in so doing, I realize that the federal government and high powers of modern times (which all fall in time), kind of get in my way to achieve even my individualistic success. But I feel if I can get a good start, then I'll build traction. It's only the entry-level where its the hardest. When my performance is recognized and I get momentum, continue to learn new things and get new certifications as a tried and true employee, it will be relatively easy to advance. The problems are just out the gate and I might get an offer anyway. I will do all I can. But european-americans will be a minority in the future in the US and refugees are entering europe-seeking to enter germany and sweden and england. How come none are seeking refugee in sudan? Or Ethiopia. Maybe they are but I'm here to help you identify social norms and ways of thinking that may have more to do with tradition than cold hard logic, with economics and other factors being the points at play (people seek the ripe fruit for the eating, not the prickly pear).

Black students who take advantage of affirmative action to get into schools they would not otherwise get into do worse than if they went to schools they could get into without affirmative action. In a lot of ways affirmative action hurts minorities instead of helping them. This also means affirmative action helps you in some ways.

Imagine a class with 20 students in a world without affirmative action. If you can expect all the students to be about the same caliber as you then you should expect to be ranked in the middle when all the grades are out. About 10th place. Now suppose the other 19 students in your class only got into the school because of affirmative action instead of their academic talent. Since those students are of a lower academic caliber they are more likely to end up at or near the bottom when all the grades are out. This has the effect of pushing you toward the top.

What does this do? Well it happens to build your confidence. What does it do to the minority who only got into the school because of affirmative action? For those on the bottom it crushes their confidence.

Confidence plays an important roll in the success or failure of a student. More confidence...the more likely you will succeed. Less confidence....less likely you will succeed.

One reason it is good for schools to accept students of low academic caliber but who are high caliber athletes is because it is a brute fact of nature that there must be a bottom to class no matter how talented the class is. If there must be a bottom, it should be comprised of people who have another avenue of confidence and fulfillment than just academics.
24-09-2015, 06:26 AM
Its been a long time since I have read so much mysoginy and racism in one post....usually its one or the other, but not both.

congratulations viking you are awarded "asshole of the month"

ffs.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
30-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Just remember, it's always someone else's fault. [/sarcasm]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
30-09-2015, 09:30 AM
Wow. Now I need a shower. You could have done your own research in the time it took to post that and saved yourself for further illustrating what a dirtbag you are. :/

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2015, 12:40 PM
When I got out of the service, I applied for jobs in my trade -- firefighting. On two occasions, I made the cut to get an interview with the fire chief, only to see the test results thrown out because they didn't match the demographics of the area served. I didn't, and don't, have any heartburn about it, because the old-boy's network in the fire service -- and law enforcement -- prevalent at the time (1993-1995) had to be broken.

Turning to business management instead, I made a decent career until the 08 recession, because quality work speaks for itself no matter the field.

I have little time and less sympathy to spare entertaining the gripes of folks who enjoy subtle but real advantages while at the same time overlooking them. Rather than kvetch over perceived injustices, I'd rather look forward and cut my own path.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post