kill the gays

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2014, 04:12 AM
RE: kill the gays
(05-12-2014 04:07 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 04:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  Tongue NO! Bad Pablo. No torturing the nasty man.

Is it still torture if you waterboard him when he is on fire?

Consider You may be onto something...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-12-2014, 05:00 AM
Am I the only one who looks at him and thinks how much he and Santorum would make a cute couple?

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
05-12-2014, 06:52 AM
The whole thing against gays just doesn't sink in with me. I have never understood it. You are gay - fine. I'm not - fine. Move on.

I would like to hear one of them explain their hatred for gays without being able to use God or the Bible as any part of their reason.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-12-2014, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 07:33 AM by unfogged.)
(05-12-2014 06:52 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I would like to hear one of them explain their hatred for gays without being able to use God or the Bible as any part of their reason.

I've seen two reasons:

1. Gays are an easy target for whipping up outrage in their base in order to keep squeezing money out of them. It isn't hard to take the "ick" factor than many people feel at the thought and marry it to the bigoted remarks recorded in their holy book to let people feel justified in having that "ick" reaction in the first place.

2. Some are covering up their own feelings; "I obviously can't have any homosexual thoughts if I am rabidly anti-gay, right? right? please tell me I'm right"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
05-12-2014, 07:32 AM
mouth-breather Wrote:And that, my friend, is the cure for AIDS, It was right there in the Bible all along — and they’re out spending billions of dollars in research and testing. It’s curable — right there. Because if you executed the homos like God recommends, you wouldn’t have all this AIDS running rampant.

I'm curious how much of the rest of the Old Testament this guy embraces. Lets run with this, following his well thought out pattern:
  • "If we would execute our unruly children as commanded in Deuteronomy, we wouldn't have such a problem with public disobedience. The answer was right there in the Bible, all along!"
  • "If we would execute both the man and the woman when a woman is raped in the city as commanded in Deuteronomy, we wouldn't have to deal with this 'he said, she said' crap in trials. The answer was right there in the Bible, all along!"
  • "If we would execute anyone breaking the Sabbath as commanded in Exodus and Numbers, we wouldn't have people working on Sundays. The answer was right there in the Bible, all along!"
  • "If we would execute everyone in a city where some of them have started to worship other gods, as commanded in Deuteronomy, we wouldn't have non-Christians in this country. The answer was right there in the Bible, all along!"
  • "If we would execute anyone not following a direct order or verdict from a priest, as commanded in Deuteronomy, we wouldn't have people who don't listen to me. The answer was right there in the Bible, all along!"

Two take home messages from this:
  1. Seriously. Fuck that guy and his bronze-age morality system.
  2. Jesus Christ, is Deuteronomy a bombshell of creepy, creepy laws.
[+] 10 users Like RobbyPants's post
05-12-2014, 08:25 AM
(05-12-2014 07:32 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
mouth-breather Wrote:And that, my friend, is the cure for AIDS, It was right there in the Bible all along — and they’re out spending billions of dollars in research and testing. It’s curable — right there. Because if you executed the homos like God recommends, you wouldn’t have all this AIDS running rampant.

I'm curious how much of the rest of the Old Testament this guy embraces. Lets run with this, following his well thought out pattern:
  • "If we would execute our unruly children as commanded in Deuteronomy, we wouldn't have such a problem with public disobedience. The answer was right there in the Bible, all along!"
  • "If we would execute both the man and the woman when a woman is raped in the city as commanded in Deuteronomy, we wouldn't have to deal with this 'he said, she said' crap in trials. The answer was right there in the Bible, all along!"
  • "If we would execute anyone breaking the Sabbath as commanded in Exodus and Numbers, we wouldn't have people working on Sundays. The answer was right there in the Bible, all along!"
  • "If we would execute everyone in a city where some of them have started to worship other gods, as commanded in Deuteronomy, we wouldn't have non-Christians in this country. The answer was right there in the Bible, all along!"
  • "If we would execute anyone not following a direct order or verdict from a priest, as commanded in Deuteronomy, we wouldn't have people who don't listen to me. The answer was right there in the Bible, all along!"

Two take home messages from this:
  1. Seriously. Fuck that guy and his bronze-age morality system.
  2. Jesus Christ, is Deuteronomy a bombshell of creepy, creepy laws.

Deuteronomy has always been my favorite book in the Bilebell. Some other Greatest Hits:

Regarding genitals and worship:
He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord.
Deuteronomy 23:1

Regarding servants/slaves:
16 But if your servant says to you, “I do not want to leave you,” because he loves you and your family and is well off with you, 17 then take an awl and push it through his earlobe into the door, and he will become your servant for life. Do the same for your female servant.
Deuteronomy 15:16-17

Regarding war:
16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes.
Deuteronomy 20:16

The inerrant word of God my ass! I wonder why I never heard these passages from the pulpit when I attended mass? Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
05-12-2014, 09:00 AM
(04-12-2014 11:31 PM)sansdieux Wrote:  Much like the neutered dog, I just don't get it.

Hello everyone, lifelong unbeliever here joining the fray! ::waves::

Welcome aboard!

Love your nic!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
05-12-2014, 09:21 AM
(04-12-2014 01:04 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Why do they always pick on the "homos?" For once I'd like to see a headline that reads "Baptist Congregation Stones Pastor to Death for Wearing A Polyester Blend Suit."

Ok. I'm gonna come out right now and admit that in certain circumstances, I'm ok with a polyester blend. Undecided Of course, quite a bit depends on... the other fibers; garment construction; presentation & use of garment... sometimes, needs can necessitate a blend. If you've ever been in a band or had to run packages to doorsteps on hot summer days, and still look fairly presentable, you know what a workhorse a poly-blend can be.

That said...
Stone a Pastor: YES! - not for the clothes on their back rather, for the content of their sermon and heart.

I will now prepare myself for the flinging of poo. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
05-12-2014, 09:23 AM
(05-12-2014 08:25 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord.
Deuteronomy 23:1

Anecdote:
Years ago my flight was cancelled and the airlines put us up in a less-than-stellar hotel. I traipsed to the only restaurant nearby (also less-than-stellar, but a national chain) and sat alone. In the booth behind me were 4 men, late 30's early 40's, nicely dressed and well-groomed, what would pass for middle management.

They spent the entire hour I was there (slow service!) discussing this very verse. They were arguing whether some biblical character (forget the name) who was a eunuch could enter heaven. Apparently this was a good guy, true believer, blah blah blah, but... well.... couldn't fulfill the requirement.

Facepalm

Dilemma: Should a good christian who was afflicted with testicular cancer choose to 'be wounded in the stones,' or to die from the affliction?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
05-12-2014, 09:31 AM
(05-12-2014 04:07 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 04:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  Tongue NO! Bad Pablo. No torturing the nasty man.

Is it still torture if you waterboard him when he is on fire?

Now now, two wrongs don't mak ... Undecided

As you were. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post