kinda pissed need some input on neighbors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2016, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2016 05:05 AM by purpledaisies.)
kinda pissed need some input on neighbors
My husband and I both work night and we live in an apt on the 3rd floor. So I get up at 6pm get ready for work and leave no later then 7pm. I get off at 1am get home by 1:15 or some times up to after 3am. That's when I clean and do normal household duties like most people when they get hone from work.

I try not to do laundry or vacuum at that time but I seriously have no other time to do these things.
If u wonder about sleeping as soon as I get off and get earlier that just doesn't work for me and my body I can't sleep right away I have to unwind like most people do when they get home from work

I got a note on my door that was very passive aggressive asking me to be quite as people are trying to sleep!!.

My problem is this why should it just be me that has to quite and be extra careful when they aren't doing the same for us??? I mean we hear all kinds of things while trying to sleep during the day.

What are you thoughts and why and how should I handle this? I want the message to be that if we should be considerate while they are asleep then they should do the same for us. But I don't want to start anything. I just want it to be fair.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2016, 04:58 AM
RE: kinda pissed right need so input on neighbors
It's a shitty Aussie soap opera made in Australia and loved in England.

IHTH. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
17-02-2016, 08:18 AM
RE: kinda pissed need some input on neighbors
If you get up at 6 PM, what time to you go to bed? Eight hours earlier is 10 AM. Why not do your vacuuming and laundry after 7 or 8 AM?

Also, I don't know what the letter said, but strictly speaking, posting a direct letter telling you that people want to sleep at night and telling you to be quiet isn't passive-aggressive; it's direct. Passive-aggressive would be things like walking past you and complaining how they couldn't sleep last night because someone was being loud, or something similar.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
17-02-2016, 08:25 AM
(17-02-2016 08:18 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  If you get up at 6 PM, what time to you go to bed? Eight hours earlier is 10 AM. Why not do your vacuuming and laundry after 7 or 8 AM?

Also, I don't know what the letter said, but strictly speaking, posting a direct letter telling you that people want to sleep at night and telling you to be quiet isn't passive-aggressive; it's direct. Passive-aggressive would be things like walking past you and complaining how they couldn't sleep last night because someone was being loud, or something similar.
First it was a neighbor and it was passive because who ever it was knew I was home and up!!! If they wanted to be direct they would gave knocked on my door and talked to me face to face!
Second these people are not quite at all during the day. And its harder to sleep during the day.

I do normally do laundry and vacuuming on Sundays. But I can't always wait til Sunday. For example out microwave went out and we had to call maintenance so of course I had to clean everything before they got there and before I go to bed.

And why should I be the only one to work around everyone else's schedule when they refuse to do the same?
17-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Maybe unwind by watching tv or reading a book? I like what Robby said about maybe doing the major parts of your cleaning after 7am. Unfortunately when living communally with other people, you have to coexist and that means adjusting your schedule or the way you do things sometimes. It does suck, but think of it this way, if you accommodate them by switching around your cleaning schedule, they may be more apt to change things they are doing that are bothering you in the future.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-02-2016, 08:37 AM
(17-02-2016 08:25 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  And why should I be the only one to work around everyone else's schedule when they refuse to do the same?

You are the one with the schedule that is at odds with the majority of the people around you. If it were me I would consider it my responsibility to minimize the friction that causes with them.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
17-02-2016, 08:52 AM
(17-02-2016 08:37 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 08:25 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  And why should I be the only one to work around everyone else's schedule when they refuse to do the same?

You are the one with the schedule that is at odds with the majority of the people around you. If it were me I would consider it my responsibility to minimize the friction that causes with them.

I get that but its makes me feel that its OK for everyone else to vacuum or do laundry or normal household things while I sleep but its not in for me to do it to them??? That's where I'm getting really upset.
17-02-2016, 08:53 AM
(17-02-2016 08:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Maybe unwind by watching tv or reading a book? I like what Robby said about maybe doing the major parts of your cleaning after 7am. Unfortunately when living communally with other people, you have to coexist and that means adjusting your schedule or the way you do things sometimes. It does suck, but think of it this way, if you accommodate them by switching around your cleaning schedule, they may be more apt to change things they are doing that are bothering you in the future.
Yes you are right. However I'm the one that has to change my things up and no one else.
17-02-2016, 08:55 AM
Just fire up the leaf blower at 7 am like they do at my place. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-02-2016, 08:57 AM
It seems to be one sided which isn't fair. I've never complained about neighbors keeping us up even though they have because I understand we live in a place you will hear noise. But yet I'm not getting the same courtesy.