kinda pissed need some input on neighbors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2016, 09:00 AM
RE: kinda pissed need some input on neighbors
Fuck them. Why do you care?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2016, 09:00 AM
(17-02-2016 08:25 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I do normally do laundry and vacuuming on Sundays. But I can't always wait til Sunday. For example out microwave went out and we had to call maintenance so of course I had to clean everything before they got there and before I go to bed.

This sounds like more of an edge case, than a normal one. What hours are you normally awake and normally asleep? If you get up at 6 PM, I see about eleven hours there between when all the 1st shifters get up and when you do. It seems there'd be at least three hours in there when you could do the noisy work.

(17-02-2016 08:25 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  And why should I be the only one to work around everyone else's schedule when they refuse to do the same?

That's a legitimate issue, but a separate one from what I was talking about. I was just trying to see how feasible it is to work around their schedules, if you're up, anyway. That being said, if you start doing so, you'd be entirely reasonable to ask them to keep it down when you're sleeping. If you're waiting to vacuum until 8:00 AM, why can't they wait to vacuum until 6:00 PM. Fair is fair. If they won't wait for you, then that's on them. There's no reason you can't both accommodate each other...

...until someone on a different shift yells at both of you! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
17-02-2016, 09:01 AM
You didn't answer RP, about when you went to bed. So, when do you go to bed if you get up at 6PM?

You are the odd sleepers. Normal business must be carried out in the day hours because the majority of people and businesses live like that. Why are you cleaning at 3am, when you could do it at 8am and disturb no one. Sounds more like the passive-aggressive is on you.

The apt managers will be on the other tenant's side regardless. They will have the right to ask you to be quiet or get out. That's just the facts.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
17-02-2016, 09:11 AM
(17-02-2016 09:01 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  You didn't answer RP, about when you went to bed. So, when do you go to bed if you get up at 6PM?

You are the odd sleepers. Normal business must be carried out in the day hours because the majority of people and businesses live like that. Why are you cleaning at 3am, when you could do it at 8am and disturb no one. Sounds more like the passive-aggressive is on you.

The apt managers will be on the other tenant's side regardless. They will have the right to ask you to be quiet or get out. That's just the facts.

I understand that point and I normally am as quiet as I can. And this is the first time this has happened. I do normally do those things early in the morning before I go to bed or on sundays.

That's not my point. My point is that they don't stop and think that I work nights and sleep during the day but they can be loud but the first time I'm a little too loud I get in trouble.
17-02-2016, 09:11 AM
It's frustrating to be on a different schedule, but probably best to make nice and try not to be loud in the middle of the night. Many buildings and localities have certain hours where extra noise is limited, and if you aren't accommodating to your neighbor you might get a formal complaint and get into trouble with your landlord.

It's likely to be a situation where you will have to do almost all of the compromising. Not fair, exactly, but also maybe not something worth stressing over too much. Maybe noise-canceling headphones and blackout drapes will help deal with the noise from other tenants' daytime activities.
17-02-2016, 09:12 AM
I'm going to bed in a few OK.
17-02-2016, 09:47 AM
(17-02-2016 09:11 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  That's not my point. My point is that they don't stop and think that I work nights and sleep during the day but they can be loud but the first time I'm a little too loud I get in trouble.

(17-02-2016 09:00 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  That's a legitimate issue, but a separate one from what I was talking about. I was just trying to see how feasible it is to work around their schedules, if you're up, anyway. That being said, if you start doing so, you'd be entirely reasonable to ask them to keep it down when you're sleeping. If you're waiting to vacuum until 8:00 AM, why can't they wait to vacuum until 6:00 PM. Fair is fair. If they won't wait for you, then that's on them. There's no reason you can't both accommodate each other...

...until someone on a different shift yells at both of you! Tongue
17-02-2016, 09:56 AM
kinda pissed need some input on neighbors
I'd write a passive aggressive note back, saying...

"1,2,3,4... I declare a neighbour war."

How you follow it up, is entirely up to you.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-02-2016, 10:29 AM
I used to work a 12am - 8:30am shift. So I would usually go to sleep as so as I got home. But Day sleep isn't the same as night sleep. I had roommates that would be active and my bed room was right next to the living room. Tv's, phone calls, grounds keepers cutting the lawan, neighbors talking outside the window (apartment complex) so sleeping was usually really reslese for me. I hated it. But the rest of the world isn't working to my schedule.

I don't know what the note said. But for me I would rather get a note from the neighbor then a phone call from the land lord. Yeah it's not as direct as them asking you face to face to please keep it down. But most people want to avoid confrontation.

My apartments now have quiet hours between 10pm - 6am. But that didn't stop an annoying neighbor from calling the land lord at 12 in the afternoon to give me a warning for having my music up to load. 3 notices and it's an eviction. I got two. Eventually they moved and I didn't have to worry about tip toeing around the house on my day off to appease the sleeping teen but I would have prefired if he had come down and ask if I could turn down the music as appose to calling the land lord.

Apartments suck. You pay a small fortune for something you don't own. And next to people you don't like.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
17-02-2016, 10:30 AM
(17-02-2016 08:52 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 08:37 AM)unfogged Wrote:  You are the one with the schedule that is at odds with the majority of the people around you. If it were me I would consider it my responsibility to minimize the friction that causes with them.

I get that but its makes me feel that its OK for everyone else to vacuum or do laundry or normal household things while I sleep but its not in for me to do it to them??? That's where I'm getting really upset.

It is certainly reasonable to ask them to do the louder activities around your schedule as long as you are willing to reciprocate. Your OP makes it sound like you are going to be doing laundry and vacuuming at 3AM because that's best for you and that they will just have to get used to it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post