kinda pissed need some input on neighbors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: kinda pissed need some input on neighbors
When we lived in an apartment building they had a rule about noise after 10pm. Husband has always worked odd hours (he works in a hospital), right now his current shift is 3:30 to midnight. If he gets home at around midnight, he has a drink and watches a little tv until he's calmed down from the day/night. But for many years, including the apartment dwelling ones he worked graveyard. It sucked for me, because I'd be at work all day and come home...he'd be asleep so I'd have to put off doing the vacuuming and other stuff -- until he woke up -- which was too late for me do much.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Honestly I agree with the person who left the note. People sleep at night. You took on the the pros and cons when you decided to do a night job. Complaining about someone making noise during the day would be ridiculous.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
18-02-2016, 01:54 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2016 02:41 AM by purpledaisies.)
I do understand that people sleep at night. I've said that several times along with I normally try to be quiet at night.

My problem is which I've said before is that it should be fair! If they expect me to me super careful and not make any noise and tip toeing around , I think they should know we sleep during the day and they should be mindful of that too.

I did put a note in my door explaining this so anyone who wants to complain can see that its a 2 way street! Believe me when I say its 10x harder to sleep during the day then at night. And that should be taken into consideration

Eta: some times life happens and people drop things or fall or something. It happens its life! So the one time life happened I get a passive aggressive note. I could have done that to many of my neighbors but I understand life happens. It sound more like to me that my neighbors are the ones that don't understand that some times life happens.
18-02-2016, 07:21 AM
(18-02-2016 01:54 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I did put a note in my door explaining this so anyone who wants to complain can see that its a 2 way street!

Hopefully that helps.

(18-02-2016 01:54 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Believe me when I say its 10x harder to sleep during the day then at night. And that should be taken into consideration

Agreed. I was super lucky in that the one week I worked 3rd shift happened to be the same week I was housesitting for a family on vacation. Having a quite house made the transition to sleeping during the day much easier. I can remember when we weren't allowed to play loudly when my dad was on 3rd shift.