kingschosen vs Kestrel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2014, 03:18 PM
RE: kingschosen vs Kestrel
(14-03-2014 03:14 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 03:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Shonisaurus has something to say about that:

[Image: Shonisaurus_scale_mmartyniuk.png]
[Image: shonisaurus-largest-animal.jpg]

Nothing you throw at me can ever beat NATURAL SELECTION

[Image: 2010-01-15-naturalselectionphone.jpg]

hahahaha

Reminds me of the Paleoparadoxia which was an "oops" moment in evolution. It led nowhere... an evolutionary dead end.

[Image: Paleoparadoxia_BW.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2014, 03:22 PM
(14-03-2014 03:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 03:14 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Nothing you throw at me can ever beat NATURAL SELECTION

[Image: 2010-01-15-naturalselectionphone.jpg]

hahahaha

Reminds me of the Paleoparadoxia which was an "oops" moment in evolution. It led nowhere... an evolutionary dead end.

[Image: Paleoparadoxia_BW.jpg]

Damnit evolution, It always f*cks up everything

[Image: funny-bee-mohawk-wasp-insect-go-home-evo...k-pics.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
14-03-2014, 03:34 PM
(14-03-2014 03:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Marine reptiles and fish are quicker, better swimmers; however, that takes a back seat to the mammal's brain.

And that's why I'd bet on an orca.
Tongue

But I was thinking of basilosaurus specifically - which if I recall correctly was pretty dumb compared to its modern descendants. How precisely that stacks up to the Mesozoic apex predators, I don't know.

There are likewise metabolic factors we simply can't judge too well, but as you say, brains are what really carry the day.

(14-03-2014 03:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I was watching a discovery show about this actually.

YOU MUST TELL ME THE NAME OF THIS PROGRAM.

(14-03-2014 03:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The prehistoric marine mammal would out think and out maneuver the fish or marine reptile because they use complex attack and defense patterns unlike the fish or the reptile which uses straight forward predicable attacks and response patterns.

Well, it's not like predators are inclined to attack things their own size in the first place if there are other options.

I haven't actually run into much analysis of marine reptile intelligence. While the smarter dinosaurs were (unsurprisingly Big Grin ) birdlike and we might suppose them capable of adaptive learning, I don't know how a pliosaur or mosasaur would stack up. Probably pretty dumb, sure, but it's just not something I've ever come across.

... this is my signature!
14-03-2014, 03:40 PM
I'll look at my Netflix tonight and try to figure out which program it was.

14-03-2014, 03:47 PM
MOVING THIS TO THE CC SINCE IT NO LONGER BELONGS IN THIS FORUM

14-03-2014, 03:51 PM
[Image: magic.gif] I never understood how you guys can do that.

14-03-2014, 03:52 PM
(14-03-2014 03:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  [Image: magic.gif] I never understood how you guys can do that.

What? Move threads?

14-03-2014, 04:00 PM
(14-03-2014 03:52 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 03:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  [Image: magic.gif] I never understood how you guys can do that.

What? Move threads?

Yes. I am called the paleolithic free thinker for a reason, it is because when people do things like this i think it is sum sort of magic.

14-03-2014, 04:03 PM
(14-03-2014 04:00 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 03:52 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  What? Move threads?

Yes. I am called the paleolithic free thinker for a reason, it is because when people do things like this i think it is sum sort of magic.

I have the ability to edit your posts too Smile

14-03-2014, 04:19 PM
(14-03-2014 08:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  The short of it is, if I ever time travel, I'm never going swimming.

Not swimming is not going to save your ass, KC.

I'm only going back in time to that sort of time-space if I can bring a full company of well trained and extremely well armed and supplied soldiers, along with a few cameramen, with me! And even then I am not going in any area too foresty if it can be avoided and absolutely no oceans!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post