last of us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: last of us
(23-06-2013 05:46 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Pause, skip cutscene. Problem solved. And don't forget MGO. The first MGS was the best gameplay wise, but I enjoy MGS4's gameplay in every way. MGS2 kinda got boring at the plant chapter, but still a good game. MGS3 was a damn good game but hard as all hell even on lower difficulties. I don't get why you can dislike MGS4. If you hate the cutscenes; skip them. You better have good reason to call ALL the levels bad. I sneak through them without being spotted over and over, and it never gets boring, and I love the cutscenes; exposition is always fun for me. And David Hayter is closest thing to a god there is, if you aside Kojima himself.

It's not that I hate cut scenes in general. I actually like them, it adds to the story.

My problem was there was so many of them it was closer to a movie than an actual game. It felt like you watched more of the game than you actually got to play. I mean there was one that was about 30 mins long Blink, For something that is meant to be a game that's ridiculous. You buy games to play them not watch them like a dvd.

It also didn't feel anything like the previous games, you could buy guns and ammo wherever you where, for a series that is based on stealth and using whatever weapons you manage to find it removed the challenge. MGS and snake eater were the best in the series. Although i haven't played the psp games.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2013, 11:47 PM
I'm a decent way's into the game (just met up with Bill) and so far it's very good. It's nice to have a zombie game that isn't going for the ecstasy of buckets of blood (there was also The Walking Dead last year which was great). Don't get me wrong, I love games like Left 4 Dead, but that's hardly a piece of storytelling akin to The Last of Us.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
[+] 2 users Like jkshrout's post
05-07-2013, 04:25 PM
A great game with a great story and, most importantly, a great ending.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
--George Carlin
10-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Man, I want this game so bad. I've watched friends play it and walkthroughs online (sad, so very sad...) But to play it, I'd have to play it at my family's house, and lets face it, uh, I'd rather not. I don't own a ps3, and it'd be a waste of time to buy one if I'm just going to turn around and blow more money on a next gen console. I'm completely and solely broke. In the meantime, it's something I can live without, I guess.

(23-06-2013 11:34 AM)kim Wrote:  What can I say... I played farmville. Dodgy

Kim, you've gone too far. It's too late for you. Weeping

(23-06-2013 11:37 AM)kim Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 11:25 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  You can kill someone inches away from another enemy and they somehow cant hear the struggling and loud gasps the guy you are strangling makes.

Just a second - there's killing? Undecided

Ok. I'm done here.

Hug

(23-06-2013 05:28 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  MGS4 isn't worth getting a ps3 for. As a fan i can honestly say it was the worst in the series. It was basically a movie where you occasionally got to move snake from one end of a street to the other.

Agreed.
[Image: dm-6VC2.png]

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
10-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Reasons to get a PS3?

Ratchet&Clank
God of War 3
Sly Cooper
Ni no Kun
Heavy Rain
Metal Gear Solid 4
Infamous 1&2
Free Blu-Ray player
Not having to have 3 disks to play a game with a decent length
The Last of Us
Every PS1 classic ever.
Shadow of the Colossus HD version

I could keep going, but i think I've made my point.

What's Xbawks got? Halo and Gears of War? boring....
11-07-2013, 12:18 AM
(10-07-2013 11:12 PM)DerekS Wrote:  Reasons to get a PS3?

Ratchet&Clank
Sly Cooper
Not having to have 3 disks to play a game with a decent length
Every PS1 classic ever.

Man, R&C and Sly Cooper were my childhood. Playstation in general was my childhood. Got my first playstation 1 when I was 4, and my first playstation 2 when I was 6 and going into the 1st grade. The first two games I ever got for my playstation 2 were the original Ratchet & Clank, and Jack & Daxter. I kept those consoles until I hit junior high, then my younger sibling stepped in and broke everything I had taken care of. Confused I ended up replacing my original Playstation 2, but I've always kept up with all the games I've gotten.

I seriously hate elongated games. I want to play a video game. Not 4 disks of a damn movie. Dodgy

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]