RE: learning bear with me
(10-09-2012 06:45 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  learning bear with me

[Image: fisherpricesingingteddy.jpg]

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Carry on.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
10-09-2012, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 10:31 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-09-2012 11:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 06:45 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  learning bear with me

[Image: fisherpricesingingteddy.jpg]

I wanna know where he's taking the bear class. I would like to learn bear too. I"m not sure I could go to class with him though. Shouldn't a Canadian know about bears already ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
11-09-2012, 07:51 AM
(10-09-2012 06:45 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Ok so recently there has been a lot of discussion (good and bad) in this forum. One of the things I got out of this is that I have almost no understanding of evolution outside of natural selection.

Is there more to evolution?

If so what a is it?

and remember that while google is my ally somethings I would enjoy having a different viewpoint upon.

If you read Climbing Mount Improbable and The Blind Watchmaker by Richard Dawkins, you will gain a good understanding of evolution.
There are many good, readable books on evolution, those are just the first ones to come to mind.

Another good one is Why Evolution is True by Jerry Coyne. It is short and readable.

Coyne and Dawkins are evolutionary biologists and excellent writers. The above books are written for the intelligent non-scientist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2012, 09:48 AM
(10-09-2012 11:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 11:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  [Image: fisherpricesingingteddy.jpg]

I wanna know where he's taking the bear class. I would like to learn bear too. I"m not sure I go to class with him though. Shouldn't a Canadian know about bears already ?

Polar bears maybe, the occasional grizzly as well, and black bears, but their languages are very diverse. Smile

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 2 users Like Xinoftruden's post
11-09-2012, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 10:20 AM by FSM_scot.)
If, im 'trolling' then let's bait it up!
When the egg/sperm combine, both gene sets are sharing. Just the temperature (energy) of the environment, during the combining of sperm-egg, has been shown to affect the 'sex', in biology.
11-09-2012, 10:02 AM
ok next question, has anyone figured out the duckbilled platypus yet? Seriously, just Shocking

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

11-09-2012, 10:05 AM
(11-09-2012 10:02 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  ok next question, has anyone figured out the duckbilled platypus yet? Seriously, just Shocking

the environment and the life within, INTENDING to survive

the life, is what survives, the energy within the environment is just what the life is consuming to live upon.

Either that or some god has one hell of a sense of humor.

you make the choice
11-09-2012, 10:07 AM
anyone other than bishadi got an opinion? plz it's just that while the explanation says something it's not really an answer. imma google it nvm.

11-09-2012, 10:12 AM
(11-09-2012 10:07 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  anyone other than bishadi got an opinion? plz it's just that while the explanation says something it's not really an answer. imma google it nvm.

some are trying to learn, just like you

Just ask; how does 'energy' affect evolution?

From your intake to what you breath, to the trees you climb (doma tribe), evolution is directly affected by the environment (energy affecting the system).

I know it is a new approach to thinking

but it is the truth!
11-09-2012, 10:17 AM
hey 5 lines, excellent work bishadi.

However I will freely admit my sheepness. I intend to learn the more standard (more then one then I'll learn them all) paradigms(wrong word?) first before stepping into the unknown. So your energy stuff will have to wait before I focus on it.