lies or the truth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2012, 05:16 PM
RE: lies or the truth?
There is only one truth.... Your own.

Sure we could agree on a lot of subjects in general but on broader terms, philosophically, emotionally, morally and more... we all branch out into our own internal, personalised understanding of the world.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
28-11-2012, 08:04 AM
(25-11-2012 04:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  I hate lying (although I'm great at it), but if it's a choice between not hurting someone and telling the truth, the former wins most of the time. Life sucks big time as it is, no need for me to make it harder on others if I can help it. No matter what front we put up, people are extremely vulnerable, so sparing them further pain usually takes precedence.
I like to be blunt up front, it cuts out the fat, that way i don't half assed, bullshitting, idiots in my circle of trust.

I call stupid people stupid then they do me the favor of not wanting to hang around me. Now if she is hot...well then I will take it circumstance by cirumstance. Drinking Beverage
28-11-2012, 08:20 AM
(28-11-2012 08:04 AM)I and I Wrote:  I like to be blunt up front, it cuts out the fat, that way i don't half assed, bullshitting, idiots in my circle of trust.

I call stupid people stupid then they do me the favor of not wanting to hang around me. Now if she is hot...well then I will take it circumstance by cirumstance. Drinking Beverage
That's not really the same though, is it? Being blunt about what you think of someone and telling the truth. They may converge on occasion, but there are lots of situations where "the truth" has nothing to do with a person's intellect, looks or what have you.

And I, personally, don't need to make others not want to hang around me. I just make a point of not hanging around them. But - to each their own, what works for one, doesn't always work for someone else.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
28-11-2012, 08:35 AM
(28-11-2012 08:04 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 04:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  I hate lying (although I'm great at it), but if it's a choice between not hurting someone and telling the truth, the former wins most of the time. Life sucks big time as it is, no need for me to make it harder on others if I can help it. No matter what front we put up, people are extremely vulnerable, so sparing them further pain usually takes precedence.
I like to be blunt up front, it cuts out the fat, that way i don't half assed, bullshitting, idiots in my circle of trust.

That has nothing to do with telling the truth at all, because your assessment of someone's intelligence or whatever may not at all be accurate and certainly cannot be taken as the truth. It's too relative.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-11-2012, 08:59 AM
(24-11-2012 01:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  Do you always tell the truth?

Or are there things you lie about?

Are there situations where you think a lie is more ethical than the truth?

And what is "truth" anyways?
In general I try to speak to what I believe to be true, as I could and probably am wrong in what I say, I'm not sure I would say I speak the truth, rather I share my imperfect idea of what the truth is.

In specific, I tell deliberate falsehoods all the time, "sorry I'm late, the bus was running late", "I'll do it in a minute", etc. These are the kind of falsehoods we all sprinkle around liberally.

What is "truth" anyways?

Best answer off the top of head, the unobtainable goal of knowledge we should never stop striving for.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
28-11-2012, 09:07 AM
(28-11-2012 08:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-11-2012 08:04 AM)I and I Wrote:  I like to be blunt up front, it cuts out the fat, that way i don't half assed, bullshitting, idiots in my circle of trust.

That has nothing to do with telling the truth at all, because your assessment of someone's intelligence or whatever may not at all be accurate and certainly cannot be taken as the truth. It's too relative.
But the way truth is meant in this discussion is truth according to the person saying this truth, so if I am being honest at how I feel then I am being truthful.
28-11-2012, 09:18 AM
(28-11-2012 09:07 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(28-11-2012 08:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  That has nothing to do with telling the truth at all, because your assessment of someone's intelligence or whatever may not at all be accurate and certainly cannot be taken as the truth. It's too relative.
But the way truth is meant in this discussion is truth according to the person saying this truth, so if I am being honest at how I feel then I am being truthful.

You know, I could really go for a nice steak right now.
Do you now how long it's been since I've had like a slab of meat? Fucking ages, that's how long.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
28-11-2012, 10:02 AM
(28-11-2012 09:07 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(28-11-2012 08:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  That has nothing to do with telling the truth at all, because your assessment of someone's intelligence or whatever may not at all be accurate and certainly cannot be taken as the truth. It's too relative.

It is also a discussion of what truth is. Seems that there is no real truth, only personal perception. Or, is there a universal truth?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Truth is an individual prospect, entirely reliant on ones perception and biases.

However, I do believe that there is a universal truth which can be simply said as the knowledge of everything, all knowledge of the universe contained in one universal understanding. Humans wont ever obtain such a truth however, information has a sort of mass, the persons brain would collapse.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
28-11-2012, 10:41 AM
When I tell the truth to somebody am I really doing it for "their" benefit, or am I fullfilling some need inside me to how I wish to navigate/percieve through life? Consider

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post